BIG NEWS FROM CENTENNIAL

c-c-chs08

A huge name has been contacted. Won't know for sure till after the playoffs. He is a proven winner and a class act Longtime coach who is well respected.

Please Wingman..do not do that to us..you can tell the forum who this "huge name" is..no one here will tell! :lol:

At least a hint or hints...you mention playoffs, so whomever it is that you speak of must be in the playoffs this year, huh? Current 5A coach?

Aren't you a Donnie Webb fan/follower? ;)

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come this aint made the paper?

as of tomorrow at 0:00 in the 4th quarter, greg gregory will no longer be the head coach of centennial high school football...

he sat the team down in the locker room today after pratice, and told them he had been fired, and tomorrows game will his last a their coach.

exact details: why, and who will replace him are still unknown....

this has been a long time coming, so thank God for finally answering our prayers.

im extremly interested to see how the players act on the field tomorrow!!!

Footballfan15, I'm not exactly sure. One of our players just mentioned a guy from Hillsboro.

As of now, Coach Gregory has not made any indication that he will leave the school, for now. Also, no one has mentioned any other coaches on the hot seat for Centennial.

As for Wingman, I haven't heard anything about hiring a big name as Lifsey hasn't even contacted anyone about the job yet. What you heard was probably only a rumor.

Let mw throw a couple names that I know have put in for the job. Jack Daniels even though he has been connected with Page has put in his resume for Centennial. So Jack may not want Page the most but will settle for it if he doesn't get CHS. And believe it or not he is baaaaaaack. Tim Johnson has put his name in the hat.

Edited by cowboys

Let mw throw a couple names that I know have put in for the job. Jack Daniels even though he has been connected with Page has put in his resume for Centennial. So Jack may not want Page the most but will settle for it if he doesn't get CHS. And believe it or not he is baaaaaaack. Tim Johnson has put his name in the hat.

I can't believe that, I mean he just got the job at BGA.

LOL...I knew Johnson's name would appear at some point in this thread!

Fhs to Giles, Giles to BGA, BGA to CHS...Heck, why not?

I will say that Johnson is in a TOUGH situation at BGA! Maybe he sees this and figures he may need to get back to 5A football right down the street at CHS!

As for Daniels...Cowboys, I know you follow Page. Would this not tick Page off to know that all this time he was heading to Page to replace Palmer...that he all of a sudden changes his mind and makes a run at CHS...AND WILL GO TO PAGE IF CHS DOES NOT WORK OUT? Nothing like being the second choice!

Nowell is at BGA with Johnson...correct? Nowell and Johnson are "wasted" at BGA...both are great coaches.

I asked someone at work today that I wonder if Coach Johnson would have known the Centennial job was going to open up, would he have waited for it? This is strictly my opinion, but I think he misses the big stage that public 5A football provides. BGA is a great program, but there is a bigger spotlight on 5A. Time will tell.

By the way I met Coach Johnson for the first time earlier in the month and what a genuinely nice person that loves talking football. He didn't know me from Adam, but talked with me like I was important. I wish him luck wherever he coaches. If he did end up at Centennial I guarantee the region now becomes 6 teams strong quickly.