Gordonsville vs. South Pitt

R. Willoughby

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure wasn't the close game I envisioned :huh: . Was it closer than the score? not really. We shot ourselves in the foot early and missed a couple of sure TD's for various reasons but basically our line was out manned and whipped on both sides of the ball. If we play a perfect game we still lose by 2 TD's. I said before that G'ville's FB was a hoss and the QB was extremely good but their line is what made it happen tonight. We have their hosses and we win. The line gave good effort at times but we just don't match up size wise. Our tackling has not been great all year but it really was poor tonight. Trying to knock a good runner down by just hitting him and not wrapping up won't get it done against a good team. SP has floundered around since the MC game and they floundered around tonight but G'ville is a better team. We return most of the starters so we will be good next year but we need leaders to step up early and give the team an identity.

Congratulations to Gordonsville. I'll say it now, FC goes down next week. Gordonsville will beat them by 2 TD's if they play like they did tonight :thumb:

Edited by zonepirate

Congrats to Gordonsville. I was wrong on both the Gordonsville/SP pick and the Trousdale/LV pick. I knew that our region (region 3) had improved and had 3 good teams, but wow.........region 4 has 3 teams that can compete w/ ANYONE in the state in class A. i knew they were all really good, but i didnt realize just how good they were. To beat SP and LV by 4 or 5 touchdowns (both really good teams), youve got to be a great team. Region 4 looks to be the toughest region in the state EASY. Im definately a believer. Congrats also to my boys at Temple tonight. Great win for you guys as well. Hope you guys do well next week against a VERY VERY STRONG trousdale county team. Congrats to all the teams that made it to the second round.

Edited by jeswins

Sure wasn't the close game I envisioned :lol: . Was it closer than the score? not really. We shot ourselves in the foot early and missed a couple of sure TD's for various reasons but basically our line was out manned and whipped on both sides of the ball. If we play a perfect game we still lose by 2 TD's. I said before that G'ville's FB was a hoss and the QB was extremely good but their line is what made it happen tonight. We have their hosses and we win. The line gave good effort at times but we just don't match up size wise. Our tackling has not been great all year but it really was poor tonight. Trying to knock a good runner down by just hitting him and not wrapping up won't get it done against a good team. SP has floundered around since the MC game and they floundered around tonight but G'ville is a better team. We return most of the starters so we will be good next year but we need leaders to step up early and give the team an identity.

Congratulations to Gordonsville. I'll say it now, FC goes down next week. Gordonsville will beat them by 2 TD's if they play like they did tonight <_<

Thanks for getting Geno straight Zone. That was the best steak I have eaten in the state of TN. Folks thats the spot to eat. The prices are great as well. I think if SP works with the line a lot next year they will be a force to recon with. I didnt met an angry SP fan. They are good sports throughout the game. Very friendly folks. I appreciate the way GV was treated in SP. I did expect more of a crowd. I guess since it was on TV and radio, they just stayed home. It was not actually that bad. The wind died down and was very bearable. Hope to see SP again next year in the playoffs. Not that Gv wants to play them first again. :lol: Have a good rest of the evening. Root for us, we will try not to let you down. :lol:

Now, you know that swashbucklers don't run from tigers. They shoot them in the head or stab them with their swords

You might be a redneck if you try to pack a musket while running from a pack of hungry Tigers. ("Heres your sign".)

Stabing a pack of hungry Tigers with a sword is not as easy as its planned. Especially a pack of hungry ones. <_<

Couldnt resist this one. :lol:

Thats it Im done. You guys are great. Thanks for all the fun in here this week. :lol:

I just got home from the game .. this was one of the hardest hitting game ive ever seen.. both sides.... spitt had 2 or 3 TD's called back a wide open dropped pass on the 10 yard line.. Gordonville Line was to much and iwont say anything about spitts coach's except i hope everyone heard the crowd saying what i have all year... anyway Gordonsville played a flawless game.... spitt's speed was way to much for GV but they contained the run and that was enough.. Great game GV.. Sp was overrated even tho they played hard.. again GV if u play like u did tonight u wont loose another game

Old Pirate says Geno should tone down the praise he pours on the young team next year. This was a butt kicking like most can't ever remember.

Old Pirate says the Pirates got what they deserved tonight. The sidelines were full of players laughing and joking after fumbles and miscues,it was sickening!!!!!!!!

Old Pirate says, PIRATES it is NOT simply good enough to be county champs. The players returning better have some TRUE leaders or you'll find yourself watching from the stands again next year.

Old Pirate says respect is always earned from dedication, hard work and playing hard to the end.

Old Pirate says ITS NOT HARD TO RESPECT THE TOUGH PLAY of the Tigers,this Old Pirate loved the in your face tough play of Gordonsville.CONGRATULATIONS on a well deserved win,you all should be extremely proud!!

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate says Geno should tone down the praise he pours on the young team next year. This was a but kicking like most can't ever remember.

Old Pirate says the Pirates got what they deserved tonight. The sidelines were full of players laughing and joking after fumbles and miscues,it was sickening!!!!!!!!

Old Pirate says, PIRATES it is NOT simply good enough to be county champs. The players returning better have some TRUE leaders or you'll find yourself watching from the stands again next year.

Old Pirate says respect is always earned from dedication, hard work and playing hard to the end.

Old Pirate says ITS NOT HARD TO RESPECT THE TOUGH PLAY of the Tigers,this Old Pirate loved the in your face tough play of Gordonsville.CONGRATULATIONS on a well deserved win,you all should be extremely proud!!

Old Pirate says Geno should tone down the praise he pours on the young team next year. This was a but kicking like most can't ever remember.

Thanks Old Pirate for the praise. Im really sorry your team acted that way. If it continues into next year, no matter how fast they are, the same results are guarnteed. If that be the case. Time for the coach to dig in the basket and find which apple is rotten. Throw it out before it spoils the rest. Usually not the mass, just the mass following one. Good luck next year. <_<

You dont have a clue what class is, Ive read your posts, GV made YOU look like a fool tonight, YOU were the one talking 15-0, YOU saying SP beats GV by 3 tds or whatever it was and all that other garbage you talk. Even Zonepirate told you that you had a good chance to eat some crow tonight.

So let me ask you...........How does it taste. <_<

I have never ever said spitt would Go 15-0. and what i said about GV if u bother to go back and read . If spitt brought there A game spitt by 21 if not could be a long night.. People like u should not even be on here

Thanks for getting Geno straight Zone. That was the best steak I have eaten in the state of TN. Folks thats the spot to eat. The prices are great as well. I think if SP works with the line a lot next year they will be a force to recon with. I didnt met an angry SP fan. They are good sports throughout the game. Very friendly folks. I appreciate the way GV was treated in SP. I did expect more of a crowd. I guess since it was on TV and radio, they just stayed home. It was not actually that bad. The wind died down and was very bearable. Hope to see SP again next year in the playoffs. Not that Gv wants to play them first again. <_< Have a good rest of the evening. Root for us, we will try not to let you down. :lol:

How is it setting me straight? I have Gv all the Props. go back and read my post before u say anything M0$$ i said we got beat by a better team and they dominated the line the only thing i said it was closerthat what it looked, what I meant was thru the or till the end of the 3rd qrt I felt like spitt still could have gotten close. but GV stopped and spitt stop there on self... to many turnover's and dropped passes, I didnt mean that GV should have or would have been beat .. cause it wasnt happening truely the best team won. geeesh i get on here and give GV and there fan's all there props and still get pointed out lol

Edited by Geno