LaVergne @ Cookeville

HSsportsfootball

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think what happen to cookeville last night was a team who wasnt playing for anything going up against a team who had nothing to lose i wonder if any one sat out last night for cookeville i will find out monday at work if there ever was a year that a 4 seed could beat a 1 seed this is the year but you have to take care of the football and play good solid defenseits play off time everything changes now i will make my prediction after i talk to one of the guys at work

Cookeville played their starters all night against Franklin Co.,and they came out flat. They were not mentally prepared to play at all. They had some chances to win and just did not get it done. Not sure which team will show up against Lavergne Friday night, but it looks like Lavergne is on a roll and may be bad news for the Cavaliers.

DID YOU KNOW? facts

1ST HALF OF THE SEASON

Record: 2-3

Yards Given Up: 1,819

Turnovers: 12

Defensive Turnovers: 7

Yards Gained: 1,567

Points Scored: 112

Points Given Up: 150

2ND HALF OF THE SEASON

Record: 5-0

Yards Given Up: 972

Turnovers: 5 (3 given up by 1st string)

Defensive Turnovers: 17

Yards Gained: 1,644

Points Scored: 183

Points Given Up: 49

I've been saying it since I've played for LaVergne. We are without a doubt, a second-half team.

Cookeville did play everyone last night they were just flat and didn't get it done.

LaVergne may very well be a better team than cookeville is but i don't see cookeville giving this one away. The cavs will find some way to pull it out. The key to this game will be the D-fenses. Cookeville has to contain the run and force them to throw in 3rd and long.

DID YOU KNOW? facts

1ST HALF OF THE SEASON

Record: 2-3

Yards Given Up: 1,819

Turnovers: 12

Defensive Turnovers: 7

Yards Gained: 1,567

Points Scored: 112

Points Given Up: 150

2ND HALF OF THE SEASON

Record: 5-0

Yards Given Up: 972

Turnovers: 5 (3 given up by 1st string)

Defensive Turnovers: 17

Yards Gained: 1,644

Points Scored: 183

Points Given Up: 49

I've been saying it since I've played for LaVergne. We are without a doubt, a second-half team.

THE REAL FACTS

Lavergnes last 5 opponents record - 12 wins 38 losses 24% winning percentage

Lavergnes wins have come against 7 teams with a combined record of 14 wins and 56 losses a combined winning percentage of 20%

Lavergen has not beaten a team with a winning record in 2 years!!!

don't buy the hype lavergne has proved they can roll over bad football teams and playing all those cup cakes to build up your record will not help you in the play offs when the going gets tough

the teams lavergne has beat only one of them has won over 2 games

centennial 1-9

columbia 2-8

glencliff 1-9

blackman 2-8

siegel 2-8

wc 2-8

oakland 4-6

2nd half team - sure

Thanks, that was his name. It escaped me. He was definitely a good coach, and was well-liked by all his players at Central Middle School. He was known for great discipline as well. I like old school coaches that can still get the job done and keep their programs respected behavior-wise thru-out the area.

Jerry Joslin is a defensive genius. His players are very physical. I don't know about the rest of his squad but his skill players were small and quick in Passing League at Lavergne.... which they WON the whole thing BTW. To have the record he does after losing 35 seniors from last yrs team....well it tells you what kind of coaching this guy can do. Go JEr-ry.