UC at JCS

#1contender

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UC did a great job at WC in the horrible weather conditions... they looked pretty good and now are excited about being in the playoffs.... so who will advance to the second round?? so who takes it between UC and JCS

Mainly will depend if what line Union City does have if they show up. Bracey will get his yards and if Flood is able to earn a few along with Bracey they just might have a chance. The line play will be the main thing.

Union City in a upset by 6.

Some said it was JCS' year last year...They had a good ball club...Union City handled them pretty good..The score wasn't even as close as it seemed...UC is nowhere as good as they were last year,but then again neither is JCS....JCS will have revenge on their mind and will be playing at home,so they may have an advantage there....Union City will have to feed the ball to Bracey..It's ridiculous to have a weapon like him and just give him the ball about 10 times a game...In 1A you can win with one back and not pass that much....Give the ball to Bracey until they stop him,then let White throw some to Bruff and the other receivers...The line will have to man-up though...They have for the most part been man-handled this season on both sides of the ball.....Good Luck to the Tornadoes...Everyone is 0-0 now.... :P

My heart says Union City...My head says JCS.....

JCS-20

UC-13

Its all gonna come down to how many turnovers Jackson Christian has. All year they have been killed by fumbles in the red zone. There havent been many times all year that a team has actually stopped them and made them punt. So that shows one, that they have a better offense than most people think, and two, that they have got to hold on to the ball.

So if JCS holds onto the ball and doesnt give away stupid turnover then they will come out on top by a few touchdowns.

I agree with papabear. JCS has turned the ball over way too much this year. If they hold on to the football they win against DCA and even Fayette Academy. They had 3 turnovers against DCA and 4 against FA and they lost both of those games by a combined 5 points. They had 6 turnovers against Southside with 4 of them coming in the redzone. So needless to say the Eagles' offense has only stopped itself. Not to mention that they are now running a new offense without one of last year's leading rushers in West TN. As I posted in an earlier string, I believe JCS could be the dark house canididate to come out of the west.

If they can hold on to the ball, slow #33 down then JCS should take UC, but you never know. I guess that is why they play the games...

Advantages for JCS:

-5 game winning streak

-Home field

-Sounds like their offense is beginning to click

-No injuries

-Hungry for revenge

Ad UC:

-Weather is not a factor

-Demitrius Bracey

-Strong up front

-JCS has shot themselves in the foot offensivly all year long

As previously mentioned, UC is not the team they were, but neither is JCS.

I take JCS in a close one 21-15.

Whats the word on Hudson's eligability status...USJ did not go to the play-offs last year, so technically, his 1 year of sitting out is over, correct?

Edited by bigdogs4

I agree with papabear. JCS has turned the ball over way too much this year. If they hold on to the football they win against DCA and even Fayette Academy. They had 3 turnovers against DCA and 4 against FA and they lost both of those games by a combined 5 points. They had 6 turnovers against Southside with 4 of them coming in the redzone. So needless to say the Eagles' offense has only stopped itself. Not to mention that they are now running a new offense without one of last year's leading rushers in West TN. As I posted in an earlier string, I believe JCS could be the dark house canididate to come out of the west.

If they can hold on to the ball, slow #33 down then JCS should take UC, but you never know. I guess that is why they play the games...

Should haves, could have and would haves are all out the door. Every game Union City plays will go in as the underdog. Even though we did amke the finals last year we are still looking for leadership and a line.

Everything is all even now and the regular season records goes out the door. Just look at the Cardinals the past 3 weeks. No, I am not saying Union City has a team like the St. Louis Cardinals but that just goes to show everyone that is why they play the game and we all watch.

I hope for a clean and injury free game for all. The team that wins is the team who play the best each Friday Night.

Go Union City !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should haves, could have and would haves are all out the door. Every game Union City plays will go in as the underdog. Even though we did amke the finals last year we are still looking for leadership and a line.

Everything is all even now and the regular season records goes out the door. Just look at the Cardinals the past 3 weeks. No, I am not saying Union City has a team like the St. Louis Cardinals but that just goes to show everyone that is why they play the game and we all watch.

I hope for a clean and injury free game for all. The team that wins is the team who play the best each Friday Night.

Go Union City !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JCS has got to put a hat on Bracie everytime or it's gonna be a long nite. And White needs to calm down. Slow your roll, quick feet means INT's. Union City can win this game if they execute thier game plan. And if JCS doesn't take care of the football that's just fine too. Good Luck From th Mckenzie Rebels!!! :)

JCS has got to put a hat on Bracie everytime or it's gonna be a long nite. And White needs to calm down. Slow your roll, quick feet means INT's. Union City can win this game if they execute thier game plan. And if JCS doesn't take care of the football that's just fine too. Good Luck From th Mckenzie Rebels!!! :)

Thanks for the kind words 'Butchie'. I was just told that if we were to luck up and win Union City would face the McKenzie Rebels in the 2nd round. McKenzie by far has the best single A team I have seen this year and has what it takes to get far into the playoff rounds.

I think we ( Union City ) would be satisfied if the second round came around for us. With not much in the way of line play and leadership would be good for the kids. We had sooooo many seniors last year ( 23 ) and half of those were leadership type kids it is hard to find someone on our team that you could call a true leader.

Good Luck to all and may everyone have a injury free playoffs.

Thanks for the kind words 'Butchie'. I was just told that if we were to luck up and win Union City would face the McKenzie Rebels in the 2nd round. McKenzie by far has the best single A team I have seen this year and has what it takes to get far into the playoff rounds.

I think we ( Union City ) would be satisfied if the second round came around for us. With not much in the way of line play and leadership would be good for the kids. We had sooooo many seniors last year ( 23 ) and half of those were leadership type kids it is hard to find someone on our team that you could call a true leader.

Good Luck to all and may everyone have a injury free playoffs.

ya'll take care of business next week and then we will have a showdown in Mckenzie. Ya'll have some star players, and when u take 23 away from a club it's like gutting a fish. But a few things happen different and were playing JCS this week. Good luck to ya, and JCS it's over this week or next. TAKE YOUR PICK!!!