UC at JCS

#1contender

UC is a well coached team with a great running back. But will it be enough? He is definitely capable of taking a game over, but JCS's offense is beginning to click. They scored 40 vs. Halls and 50 on Middleton. JCS had over 300 yards rushing in the monsoon last Friday night. If JCS can continue to run the football the way they have the last few games they will be tough to beat. They are averaging over 400 yards a game of total offense in the second half of the season. Their passing game is pretty salty and you add a strong running game to it and they will give defenses trouble. JCS is still my dark horse pick, but they have a tough road. They will play UC, then McKenzie (probably) and then they will more than likely have to get through Fayette Academy. That's a tough road to travel. Good luck to both teams Friday night. Be safe.

You will play Mckenzie if you beat union City. But your season will end in Carroll County. There will be no need to look farther. <_<

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But JCS's schedule in the second half of the season was weak, so it's really hard to use that as a measuring stick. It's one thing to run for 300 yards against Middleton; it's another to do it against UC, McKenzie, or Fayette.

I think they do beat UC, but I don't see them getting past McKenzie, though they probably match up better with the Rebels than anyone else in 8-1A.

But JCS's schedule in the second half of the season was weak, so it's really hard to use that as a measuring stick. It's one thing to run for 300 yards against Middleton; it's another to do it against UC, McKenzie, or Fayette.

I think they do beat UC, but I don't see them getting past McKenzie, though they probably match up better with the Rebels than anyone else in 8-1A.

Your probably right Bored Guy, They do resemble the Rebels in thier balance of offense. And I could see where one might make that prediction. No one from either bracket has played the schedule we have and had the season we've had. And the statement on any given nite lada, lada, la.. But If they beat union City and I do Mean IF. I don't think they squeeze past the REBELS. :P

I was specifically talking about JCS's secondary, very fast and smart group of kids. They could (emphasis on could) give McKenzie's passing game some problems. But I don't think they'll be able to shut down French and the running game. Which is why I like McKenzie to get to the state finals. Pick your poison with that offense.

But I'll refrain from talking further about that potential matchup until next week, if it happens.

UC is a well coached team with a great running back. But will it be enough? He is definitely capable of taking a game over, but JCS's offense is beginning to click. They scored 40 vs. Halls and 50 on Middleton. JCS had over 300 yards rushing in the monsoon last Friday night. If JCS can continue to run the football the way they have the last few games they will be tough to beat. They are averaging over 400 yards a game of total offense in the second half of the season. Their passing game is pretty salty and you add a strong running game to it and they will give defenses trouble. JCS is still my dark horse pick, but they have a tough road. They will play UC, then McKenzie (probably) and then they will more than likely have to get through Fayette Academy. That's a tough road to travel. Good luck to both teams Friday night. Be safe.

I predict McKenzie to the 3rd round then the 4th round. They have everything it takes to make it to the finals. They remind me alot of Union City from last year except they have more of a balanced attack. Their line is big and strong. So the winner of the Single A from the west will be McKenzie no questions asked.

Also, looks like several folks are taking Union City side in their first round and if I was JCS I would be a little nervous. If Union City does make the 2nd round McKenzie will take that game or no matter who they play.

Good Luck to all.

i have a feeling that JCS wins this one to the guy that said Braceys speed will be to much for JCSs D i dont agree with that. Sure Bracey is really really quick ill give him that. JCSs D is really reall quick also With Rayner, Hadley,Mangrum Johnson,and the DEs i dont see him getting outside the D to easy. the line mismatch in UC favor and the stupid Offensive turnovers by JCS Maybe thier only downfall so if Johnson and Taggart can hold on to the ball. Fowler dosent throw unnecessary picks i say this is JCSs game

JCS-35

UC-21

i have a feeling that JCS wins this one to the guy that said Braceys speed will be to much for JCSs D i dont agree with that. Sure Bracey is really really quick ill give him that. JCSs D is really reall quick also With Rayner, Hadley,Mangrum Johnson,and the DEs i dont see him getting outside the D to easy. the line mismatch in UC favor and the stupid Offensive turnovers by JCS Maybe thier only downfall so if Johnson and Taggart can hold on to the ball. Fowler dosent throw unnecessary picks i say this is JCSs game

JCS-35

UC-21

hey great post. that's what this room needs is someone with intelligence instead of ignorance. hey wait I'm talking about myself. Awe well, it's good to get insight from the other teams fans, because all alot of us know is our teams. So thanks for your insight. :D

i believe this game will be closer than some may think but i give the edge to jcs i say they win by 10 or less

JCS is gonna be JCS, a good talented team, but here's the x-factor so to speak. Union City has it's moments of brilliance and is capable of multiple scores quickly. And the comments of JCS turning the ballover could play into that. Now JCS is predicted to win and just might. But it could turn out to be union City win also.

And I don't care who wins, I'm cheering for Union City because they are region7. But I would love for my Rebels to end the season for JCS as a payback thang. But good luck to both teams and plz lord no injuries. :lol:

I Think JCS is loaded with talent this year...but we are so unpredictable...sitting in the stands watching from week to week we often look like a different team...based on Butchie's comment that UC has moments of brillance...it appears they may be much the same...I think it comes down to which team shows up Friday night and which one is off...