Region 5-3A vs Region 6-3A

montague1

Region 5 takes 3 of 4.

There are only two team with tough defense and that is SS and DL.

Look for some high scoring games.

Both regions are down some from last overall, but I like the Region 5 chances since they have played much tougher teams.

AND of course I will be unbiased again this year.

Big Country...sorry I missed you last night. The last two weeks of the season every year is my busy time for business and I did not get back to town until the half. I picked up the game on your radio station. Beach, etc was too much. I guess you saw how a very young team that had no upperclassman playmakers can play. I think you are all are a strong #4. I still don't see how Spring Hill beat you.

Only team with defense? Giles County averages less than a touchdown allowed in the second half of the games they have played. If you play GC you better score your points in the first half, youre probably not getting much in the second.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, well don't argue with bulldog...he knows it all.

Why...thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way I do think that SH can put their uniforms on.....maybe not the right color jerseys.....take it easy dude. I was just giving an opinion on the region teams.

Glad you finally agree. No matter what ...I am a Region 5 fan....remember that. ...I am rooting for you guys as well.

How many points did either team score against DL? That is your answer.

I think all four Region 5 teams have explosive offenses, but without a solid defensive effort in the playoffs....you end up going home.

High scoring games possible this week in three games. In fact I think if all four are high scoring, then it would be possible for a Region 5 sweep.

Fayete Ware is very athletic, but David Lipscomb doesn't have let down games (other than the first and last games of the season).

Bolivar and Giles County are very similar schools. Both are know for basketball. Both are in the process of turning around programs that had very few little success lately (Bolivar - no wins last year & Giles - 1 win two years ago). I think Giles has the advantage due to the homefield.

Lexington players learned how to win from a great group of seniors last year. Spring Hill is happy to be in the playoffs. This will be a close game as well and I would give the advantage to the home team.

Southside has a lot of momentum. Playing at home will give them a great advantange as well. But I like the way Cheatum County is playing right now. They are well coached and like Lexington last seniors taught them how to win. I don't know if I will go as far as picking the upset, but to quote Lee Corso it will "Closer than the experts think".

Spring Hill may be happy to be in he playoffs, but after a hard year without thier head coach, they have learned how to win this year. If you doubt that,ask the Cheatham County team you were happy about, or ask their last 3 opponents as they have been playing for survival the last three weeks. Give credit where credit is due. The game will be good.

CC vs SS BLOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWOUUUUUUUUUUUUT i saw someone say this would be a shoot out you dont shoot out with that defense they stop you and you get blown out

Spring Hill vs Lexington

might come down to whoever has the ball last

GC vs BC

ditto

FW vs DL

although Fayette Ware is a good team they self destructed at the end of the year and just fell apart if they go back to early season form it should be a good one otherwise DL tes

CC vs SS BLOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWOUUUUUUUUUUUUT i saw someone say this would be a shoot out you dont shoot out with that defense they stop you and you get blown out

Spring Hill vs Lexington

might come down to whoever has the ball last

GC vs BC

ditto

FW vs DL

although Fayette Ware is a good team they self destructed at the end of the year and just fell apart if they go back to early season form it should be a good one otherwise DL tes

Well...it was a full moon tonight!!!

Region 5 takes THREE OUT OF FOUR AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I listened to the CCvs SS game and BC ..you guys rock....

The Cubs almost made it a sweep with a great effort against the "that defense" of SS. It does not bode well for SS going very far in the playoffs. What did I say about the coaching difference...nuff said...CC's coach got all he could out of the Cubs.

Now to ol' toinemac....man...you are smoking something or what........at least get a grip on reality......IT WAS A SHOOTOUT>>>DUDE!!! The scores tell the story!!!!!!

By the way...if that defense of SS is the best that area has to offer.....big trouble awaits.....wait...I mean .."What defense???"

The Cubs almost made it a sweep with a great effort against the "that defense" of SS. It does not bode well for SS going very far in the playoffs. What did I say about the coaching difference...nuff said...CC's coach got all he could out of the Cubs.

Now to ol' toinemac....man...you are smoking something or what........at least get a grip on reality......IT WAS A SHOOTOUT>>>DUDE!!! The scores tell the story!!!!!!

By the way...if that defense of SS is the best that area has to offer.....big trouble awaits.....wait...I mean .."What defense???"

I don't know who those guys were impersonating South Side's secondary. If the SS secondary plays like they played tonight, you may be right. Hopefully the secondary that played the entire regular season (and against some good passing teams) will show back up. If not, we are in trouble. Oh well I guess anyone can have an off night (Crockett/Haywood comes to mind). Well SS has now had theirs.

Edited by Duckmax

I don't know who those guys were impersonating South Side's secondary. If the SS secondary plays like they played tonight, you may be right. Hopefully the secondary that played the entire regular season (and against some good passing teams) will show back up. If not, we are in trouble. Oh well I guess anyone can have an off night (Crockett/Haywood comes to mind). Well SS has now had theirs.

One more night like tonight and your basketball team gets the spotlight.

No good defense gives up 35 pts to anyone. This is not a wake-up call.....it is a REALITY check for SS. Every team in Region 5 could and can put up a lot of points on anyone.

Maybe SS reads their press clippings more often than Region 5 teams

Thanks for the kind words bulldog69. Giles Co. will beat Jackson South Side next week if the Hawks do not get better in a hurry against the pass. Cheatham Co. dropped a TD pass (missed the FG attempt soon thereafter) & fumbled two balls deep in JSS territory. Despite those three miscues the Cubs were still in the contest throughout the game and had several opportunities to win the ballgame. Offensively for the Hawks I must say that Forrest is a man amongst boys out there. I don't know what he finished the night with on the ground but it had to be near the 300 yard mark on the ground. Giles Co.'s passing game will be the key to next weeks game. If Dunnavant can complete some passes early and get in a rhythym like he did against Cheatham earlier this year then the Bobcats will win next week. If Giles is forced to rely on Edgmon and the running game & SS just starts loading up and stop that then it will be tough for Giles to win. JSS has a great home crowd and I'd also like to give some props to 101.5 out of West-TN for a job well done tonight.

Region 5-3A takes 3 out of 4 tonight <_<

Congratulations to Region 5! I wish the Cubs could have pulled it off too! I am sure there were some sweaty plams in Jackson!

Yes, there were, but luckily our boys pulled it off. It amazes me how SS has been written off, yet they won that game. Yes, they had a terrible night defensively, but maybe, just maybe they learn from that!