Stratford @ Springfield

ut18vols

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a pond in the middle of the field. Plus to add to the already standing water, it started raining near the end of 2nd so it is amazing that either teams got a touchdown in those conditions.

I saw the picture in The Tennessean and you could barely distinguish the jerseys due to the weather.

Is Stratford bringing the band....i need something to dance to when we score a touchdown. :D

ut18vols, what makes you think Stratford's band is going to be gettin' down when Springfield scores? :angry: They may play a lot during the game but they surely won't be playing when the Jackets score. I know one thing, both Springfield and Stratford need to stop all this trash-talking on here. Calm down and be mature.

Edited by bellgo

ut18vols, what makes you think Stratford's band is going to be gettin' down when Springfield scores? <_< They may play a lot during the game but they surely won't be playing when the Jackets score. I know one thing, both Springfield and Stratford need to stop all this trash-talking on here. Calm down and be mature.

I was just kidding, i knew their band was good and i was just wanting to know. Yea, stratford supporters are getting upset @ us(Springfield) over the stupid 'thug' topic, when it was all said by a guy on the radio who has no support for Springfield but it seems they think we called them thugs(in my opinon). When i stated what i stated it was all cause of what that guy on the radio said. All i know is the game Friday is going to be a slugfest and i hope nobody takes cheap shots or anybody gets hurt.

Edited by ut18vols

"Stratford's undisciplined."

Don't take offense to it. Persevere through it. Springfield was undisciplined last year and they still show signs of it at times this year, but look where they are now. Both of these teams are very capable of shooting themselves in the foot with stupid penalties.

Friday night should be a good one. I don't think it will be more than a double digit game either way.

Where do I start?

Discipline is following your blocker, staying in your lane, backing up your teammate in coverage, and running your routs.

It is not throwing shots after the whistle or pouting about calls until you draw a flag.

Thugs come in all colors period.

When a person calls into a radio station to give an opinion of a game, it is just that, one person's opinion. Get over it!

The Stratford band is not the worst band in Nashville. It's the worst band in the state. I don't put that on the kids. I put it on the administration.

The comments about the previous coaches not putting up with this behavior is right on. And Johnson did ruin the reputation of Stratford.

Stratford is tallanted enough to win. but at the first sign of adversity they will lose control. The only way for them to win is to score early and get some momentum. Good luck to the Spartans. I just hope it's not another metro embarrassment like the maplewood and springfield game a couple of years ago.

What happened a couple years ago??

The 2 teams started fighting, the fans were on the field also, both teams got 2 years probation(? atleast that maybe more, someone else can varify that for me), it was a mess....it was similar to the Miami v. FIU, but with fans also

Edited by ut18vols

The comments about the previous coaches not putting up with this behavior is right on.

I agree completely....I was there when Coach Pigue coached and I do not recall ever hearing of him having behavioral issues on his team.....he just took care of any of his issues before they became problems. By doing so, he gained the respect of his players, coaching staff and parents.

The game should be a good one....good luck to both teams.

My pick:

Springfield wins

The Jackets are on fire! Winning that game in Clarksville last week. I gotta give props to the Jacket fans. When the rain came the Clarksville fans ran like they were gonna melt, but the jacket fans kept on cheering. Coach Offutt has done a great job with this group this year. He has a great connection with the Seniors since he came in their freshman year. Anyways, I am gonna take Springfield by 10, 34-24. :thumb:

The 2 teams started fighting, the fans were on the field also, both teams got 2 years probation(? atleast that maybe more, someone else can varify that for me), it was a mess....it was similar to the Miami v. FIU, but with fans also

i remember that game and fight .. my lil bro was playing at the time....wild night

look for Springfield to start another fight ..because stratford is gonna open a can on them!!

Edited by boski

i remember that game and fight .. my lil bro was playing at the time....wild night

look for Springfield to start another fight ..because stratford is gonna open a can on them!!

springfield want stoop that low and u know that. only thing springfield has gottn called for was unsportsman like conduct and thats for hitting the players to hard