science hill vs ooltewah

PRIMETIME OWL

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listened to the game on the internet while I was finishing up my stay in Arkansas (listened to the Science Hill broadcast, even though it was their backup play-by-play announcer, it was a pretty good broadcast, fair and complimentary, good job). It sounded like the Owls were opportunistic and the Owls' front 7 on D controlled the line of scrimmage. The announcer just kept talking about our speed and lack of size there. The Toppers sounded like they had some success moving the ball, but just couldn't hold on to it. I WILL BE BACK FOR NEXT WEEK'S GAME AGAINST SEVIER COUNTY.

Pretty much the story of SH's year. We could move the ball, but long drives were impossible due to mistakes. The 6 turnovers noted were understated. I really can't credit the Owls for those.....unless you want to credit every other team we played with creating turnovers as well. I CAN credit your offensive game plan. That is a lot of talent and it is well orchestrated. I believe that Duannah was pulled from his normal position due to a lackadaisical fumble early on.

Good luck! You have a good team.

Great game last night. Science Hill has a good football team. They have size and speed. Not sure why they lost so many games this year.... Jeremy looked like he didn't miss a beat. 240+ yards passing. Pretty Impressive. Brian Marshall is the biggest little-man in the state. Fast, slippery and very very strong and hard runner. Should be a good game next week. Sevier will be tough. Their spread offense could cause Ooltewah problems. Go Owls!

Pretty much the story of SH's year. We could move the ball, but long drives were impossible due to mistakes. The 6 turnovers noted were understated. I really can't credit the Owls for those.....unless you want to credit every other team we played with creating turnovers as well. I CAN credit your offensive game plan. That is a lot of talent and it is well orchestrated. I believe that Duannah was pulled from his normal position due to a lackadaisical fumble early on.

Good luck! You have a good team.

the hilltoppers played a hard fought game, but ooltewah was much more physical. hard hits and qb pressure cause those turnovers. ooltewah doesnt allow to many huge plays against them, they force teams to creep down the field,eventually teams will make a mistake. its basically pick your poison on offense, ooltewah can beat you by running or passing...take your pick. owls will be tough to beat. go owls!

the hilltoppers played a hard fought game, but ooltewah was much more physical. hard hits and qb pressure cause those turnovers. ooltewah doesnt allow to many huge plays against them, they force teams to creep down the field,eventually teams will make a mistake. its basically pick your poison on offense, ooltewah can beat you by running or passing...take your pick. owls will be tough to beat. go owls!

I personally didn't see a more physical team, but I did see more overall team speed.

Owls better watch out for QB-Watson for Sevier Co. You'll find his passes to be more accurate and his feet to be quicker than SH's. I see a weakness in Ooltewah's secondary.

Good luck to both teams and may the best team win.

ooltewah doesnt allow to many huge plays against them

Well, Farragut would probably say that big plays are what kept them in the game. I would agree that most teams are not going to run through the Owls defense, but they are still suspect against the pass, especially if the other team has a scrambling QB.

Sounds like Ooltewah really turned this one up a notch, as far as overall offense. I didn't see the game, but looked at the stats. Pretty balanced and very efficient.

If they continue that success in the next few weeks they will be awful tough.

I agree with earlier posters (ImaOwl) that indicate that next week will be tough. This Sevier County team is the real deal.

Good luck to both of those teams next week!

I personally didn't see a more physical team, but I did see more overall team speed.

Owls better watch out for QB-Watson for Sevier Co. You'll find his passes to be more accurate and his feet to be quicker than SH's. I see a weakness in Ooltewah's secondary.

Good luck to both teams and may the best team win.

Agreed! I would love to see the game, but 200 miles is a bit much. I really don't believe that the long pass is the choice, but the intermediate stuff should be quite effective, especially given the propensity of Ooltewah to blitz. Of course that may have been primarily due to SH's propensity to run or throw long. Once we began to throw shorter stuff we had some success. It should be a close one!