science hill vs ooltewah

PRIMETIME OWL

If you want to cheer for an underdog, cheer for William Blount.

Much more likely upset than in this game.

Ooltewah wins without really being challenged in this one, but not by more than 28 points. I'll give a score prediction sometime later in the week.

Ah, playoffs can be funny things where upsets can happen. I really doubt we'll see that this week, and it seems like you fans reflect the confidence and seriousness that the players on your team probably have.

Personally, I'm ready to see a Indian vs Owl game, but of course, one game at a time. Good luck to both teams this week!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to cheer for an underdog, cheer for William Blount.

Much more likely upset than in this game.

Ooltewah wins without really being challenged in this one, but not by more than 28 points. I'll give a score prediction sometime later in the week.

Yes I agree, WB is a huge underdog and the Owls really need someone to knock off DB for them, because head to head, away from the nest the Owls might lose a few feathers by the tomahawk!

OHS 31

SH 10

Ooltewah in a nutshell.

Running game all the way, very strong at fullback and quick shifty RB with the very real threat of a breakout throw at any moment. great scrambling QB, great line, and tall recievers.

Good rush defense, good pressure, not so great pass defense, but they have gotten much better in the last two games(though Soddy and OR didn't really have the greatest QBs).

And speed speed speed.

Now tell us about Science Hill. I honestly don't know anything about them except they've won the games they're supposed win to and lost the ones they're supposed to lose.

Ooltewah in a nutshell.

Running game all the way, very strong at fullback and quick shifty RB with the very real threat of a breakout throw at any moment. great scrambling QB, great line, and tall recievers.

Good rush defense, good pressure, not so great pass defense, but they have gotten much better in the last two games(though Soddy and OR didn't really have the greatest QBs).

And speed speed speed.

Now tell us about Science Hill. I honestly don't know anything about them except they've won the games they're supposed win to and lost the ones they're supposed to lose.

On Offense – Science Hill has probably one of the best backs around with Duannah. He has good instincts, vision, power and speed (4.4). He is a bit green though, dances a little bit, but is hitting the hole better the last few games. The receivers are tall for the most part and athletic with Alexander being the most dangerous. Lots of one handed catches under his belt. Quarterback (Tucker) is quick on his feet and loves to run. O-line has good size and strength. Our offense in my opinion is one of the biggest mysteries of this team. It’s like a puzzle with all the pieces – size, speed and strength. But, for some reason we have not been able to put the pieces together.

The Defense – Very good defensive front four. Murray and Hamilton anchor the middle. Latham is very quick at the defensive end. He leads the conference in sacks. Linebackers are pretty good. Trent in the middle is leading the team in tackles. The defensive backs struggle against the pass, but do have lots of picks. Mancuso is the, what I have heard the “Bill Bates” of Science Hill. He loves to hit people. The defense has been been inconsistent at times.

It has been frustrating this season looking at all the size, speed and talent of the Science Hill team. Wondering why we have been so inconsistent and self-destructive.

Edited by PowrPlus

Ooltewah in a nutshell.

And speed speed speed.

I honestly don't know anything about this years team, but I can tell you that Science Hill is a real oddity when you play them. Years when you are supposed to win can end up being close losses or barely getting away with a win. Games they are supposed to win can either show a brilliant team.

My advice is this: If you underestimate Science Hill, you will lose. It is simple. If you keep your heads on and take it to Science Hill, you got yourself a win. Just be careful, you never know who will show up when you play Science Hill, just ask last Friday's DB team. Close close game.

Yes I agree, WB is a huge underdog and the Owls really need someone to knock off DB for them, because head to head, away from the nest the Owls might lose a few feathers by the tomahawk!

OHS 31

SH 10

If, and thats a big if, DB and Ooltewah were to meet, the game would be at Ooltewah. So they would not have to be away from the nest.

This is the first round of the playoffs. Ooltewah is VERY excited about finishing first in this region. They have a coaching staff that will have them ready, don't you worry. So if you are hoping they are looking ahead, you are mistaken. This will not be an advantage. Ooltewah is undefeated because ,they play one game at a time. Science Hill is our next game and we will be ready. No one underestimates SCIENCE HILL. The OWLS take it to everyone. GO OWLS!!!!!!

I honestly don't know anything about this years team, but I can tell you that Science Hill is a real oddity when you play them. Years when you are supposed to win can end up being close losses or barely getting away with a win. Games they are supposed to win can either show a brilliant team.

My advice is this: If you underestimate Science Hill, you will lose. It is simple. If you keep your heads on and take it to Science Hill, you got yourself a win. Just be careful, you never know who will show up when you play Science Hill, just ask last Friday's DB team. Close close game.

First off . . . I would like to get this rumor that is floating around in Johnson City put to rest. Is Ooltewah in any kind of trouble with the TSSAA or some other governing body at the school?

Tell us about your team. We are so far away we hear very little about Ooltewah. Most people that ask me who we will be playing next week, say “who?” Who are they and where the heck are they?

If Ooltewah was in trouble with TSSAA I don't think they would be in the playoffs.... Its amazing how fast and far rumors can travel. What have you toppers heard? It also sounds like SH is a great football team. Why have they lost so many?