Cheatham Co. @ South Side

footballfan99

I agree that both JCM & Henry Co. were both very tough non-region games. Region 6-3A has three decent, not great, teams outside of JSS. They are Lexington, Bolivar, & Fayette Ware. There are five good wins on the JSS schedule. I'll give JSS the benefit of the doubt for beating a quality 1A Playoff team in JCS. There are six quality wins for the unbeaten Hawks of Jackson South Side. Jackson North Side, Chester Co., Liberty, & McNairy Central had a combined 10 WINS on the year. That is it. I'll agree that JSS played a reasonably tough schedule and looked good throughout the season.

I don't see how Region 6 always has so many cupcakes...year in and year out....now that Crockett is in another region they are complaining about injuries...being beat up...etc....Southside ALWAYS has talent...and I mean ALWAYS

Coaching advantage goes to Cheatham and in a close one ...look out!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a bunch of idiots on here.... Yes 6-3A is down this year but what does a good team suppose to do against the down teams... A good team did just what SS did this year, spanked them pretty bad and when they did play somebody they stepped up to the plate and won. Come on down to the Hawks Nest and get your feelings hurt. Go Hawks!!!

I will say this again for this thread. You better have your track shoes on when you play Marshall co. Their offense is extremely explosive this year but the defense is porous. If the Marshall QB is hot you are in deep trouble. You will have to score 30+ pts to win. If you only have two good corners you are in trouble. You better have great LB's as well.

I am picking this game as my upset. Lexington has not faced anyone like this on their schedule and any game film still won't prepare you.

Marshall co 33-28.

Remember making this post last year? You know right before Marshall Co. got beat by almost 40 points by Lexington. Kind of similar to this one I would think.

Bulldog, every year you rant and rave on how region 6 is weak and how nobody over here has faced a team like they will see from region 5. Every year you down our coaches, sometimes Coach Hayes (Southside), sometimes Coach Pratt (Crockett CO. Region 7). You don't have to constantly call the teams over here "pastries", but I forgot you are the expert so I should listen.

Remember making this post last year? You know right before Marshall Co. got beat by almost 40 points by Lexington. Kind of similar to this one I would think.

Bulldog, every year you rant and rave on how region 6 is weak and how nobody over here has faced a team like they will see from region 5. Every year you down our coaches, sometimes Coach Hayes (Southside), sometimes Coach Pratt (Crockett CO. Region 7). You don't have to constantly call the teams over here "pastries", but I forgot you are the expert so I should listen.

Guys......You know as well as I do that Hayes is not a rocket scientist....how many trips have they made at least to the semi's....and Pratt is a very good coach...I think his ability to add none-factor region foes in the past has been unmatched. You see, your trouble of not having very many semi-finalists or champions from that area is that you don't play tough enough schedules....facts are facts. Wasn't Lexington's team from last year one of your best ever?.....what happened??

No sir... I am not an expert....I have seen first hand...an over-rated and underachieving region that without Crockett over the years was ?????

SS cannot underestimate the Cubs. They are young...but very dangerous.

By the way, I will be on here next year as well....Region 5 will be even tougher for the next two years.

Cheatham will not be shut out. They are just as physically strong (if not stronger) as most of the teams in the state. After playing the likes of David Lipscomb, Cheatham will definitely not get shut out. I feel like there will be some trickery and some surprises up Coach Finely's sleeve in this game(including those involving Joey Beach), and Cheatham may win in a very close one. I'm predicting a very physical effort by Cheatham. However, just because of the talent, I naturally have to pick South Side.

South Side-45

Cheatham-38

the vols could not put 38 up on the hawks

i dont really have a dog in this fight but i was just wondering why you say that JSS played a weak schedule, they played agaist 5 teams with winning records and beat them all, Cheatham Co. played against only 3 teams with winning records and lost to all of them.

if i am not mistaken cheatham has not beaten a single team that is in the playoffs.

so which schedule and which team is weaker?

i dont really have a dog in this fight but i was just wondering why you say that JSS played a weak schedule, they played agaist 5 teams with winning records and beat them all, Cheatham Co. played against only 3 teams with winning records and lost to all of them.

if i am not mistaken cheatham has not beaten a single team that is in the playoffs.

so which schedule and which team is weaker?

Why all of the hatred and disrespect for Cheatham Co. Football??????? It's true that bulldog69 is a Region 5-3A supporter BUT he's a fan of the Page Patriots (not the Cheatham Cubs).

I was at the Cubs practice yesterday and they seemed like a group of guys who were very happy to be in the playoffs. As I stated earlier they lost 9 & 10 starters off of each side of the football from last year's 9-3 second round of the playoffs team. This year the coaches, and every other preseason preview, picked the Cubs to finish 6th in the region. Teams that were expected to beat Cheatham Co. included Page, Creek Wood, and Marshall Co. This Cheatham Co. team has a grand total of 7 SENIORS on the roster. All of them will be starting on one side of the football this Friday Night. I'll guarantee you that not a single one of those guys want for this afternoon's practice to be their final one on the practice field at Cheatham County Central High School.

Win OR Lose????? I will guarantee anyone that the coaches and players for this Cheatham team are going to Jackson Friday to enjoy the moment of being in the playoffs because it's a place in which NOBODY IN THE STATE had Cheatham Co. heading to back as early as the start of October (when the Cubs were 1-4 overall & 0-2 in the region).

South side is not taking this game serious? Instead of praticing, they are having pizza parties and signing autographs. I THINK NOT!!!!!! Is the region weak this year? Yes. But, some football teams are like women, UGLY! However, for South Side its was just another notch in the bed post.Bottom line, its about taking care business!!!

Why all of the hatred and disrespect for Cheatham Co. Football??????? It's true that bulldog69 is a Region 5-3A supporter BUT he's a fan of the Page Patriots (not the Cheatham Cubs).

not hating and not disrespecting CC, they are in the playoffs when 4 other teams from 5-3A are not, but i was just pointing out that compared to the schedule cheatham played JSS does not play a weak schedule.