Cheatham Co. @ South Side

footballfan99

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know for a fact that SS is not taking this game with Cheatham Co. lightly. They are treating them with respect and hoping for a win. One thing this team has done all year is play one game at a time. You can't look ahead to next week and they know that. They have to get through this week, this team. Good luck South Side. Have a great game. I hope for no injuries for either team!

Southside is loaded, and thats an understatement. This doesn't even look like the same team from last year. They are big up front on d and extremely athletic, and just like every S.S. team they have very quick LBs that tackle well.

I'd have to agree with you that SS will be hard to stop with Forrest in the mix. We saw plenty of action from him last year in the first round playoffs. He is very shifty and is gonna make cheatham look straight siily. We beat u last but i'm pullin for you this year. I'm lookin for SS to keep playin through thanksgiving. Good Luck!!!

Hey South Side fans. Can I get some season stats on Forrest and others so that I can get your guys some pub this Friday night on the air???? I'll be there on Friday around 4:00PM. Better catch me quick because when I get to Jackson the infamous "Barnhill's Buffet" will be calling my name :lol:

What kind of stats are you needing?

Big Country, yes Forrest was the starting rb, from the very beginning. He would've been last year as well, but he had an injury. When he did play last year, he was awesome then as well.

Can someone correct me if I`m wrong, but I was told by a Southside player that Forrest wasn`t even a starting rb at the first of the season. He moved there after an injury to another player.

BTW...I don`t see this game being close at all. I have SS meeting CC in the semis if they stay focused each week.

Jontamion has started at tailback all season. The injured player was our starting fullback- Tavoris Bates. He was injured in game 4 (ACL) and was out for 4 weeks (actually coaches held him out for 5). That caused concern because at the time of the injury he was only 70 yds. behind Jontamion in season stats. The concern wasn't well founded as back up Ken James stepped up has done a great job. James and Bates in games 9 & 10 were changed out to keep both rested. As far as stats, I believe Jontamion is well over 1,400 yds (quite an accomplishment as defenses concentrate on him and he rarely sees the 4th quarter.). You'll find James & Bates combined number is similar, which I believe speaks to our offensive line. The couple of times our ground game has been slowed, it opened up the passing game. If you saw the Lexington game, their whole defense keyed on Jontamion and he still had 192 yds. What is not in the stats is our recievers were open all night long, but it simply was'nt neccasary.

Jontamion is a great back, and a great individual. I have never seen him take credit personally- he always deflects it in favor of the line. But then again the whole team is that way. This is really a very special group. There is not an "individual" on the whole team. I believe that spirit will take them far, probably to Murfreesboro.

GO HAWKS!!

Edited by Duckmax