Lebanon at Lincoln County

tdluna

Lincoln County hangs on for dear life and beats Lebanon 24-22 after leading most of the game . Lebanon is clearly a 2nd half team. We know this from experience as well.

Would love to hear details on this one.......we know first hand how it feels to lose in a close one at the PIT. Congrats to Coach Thompson and the Falcons. I suppose Ramsey played after all?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ramsey didn't play. The Falcons were lucky tonight - Lebanon starting passing (had they started alot earlier they would've chewed us up) and scored 22 points in like the last 4 minutes of the game. Both offenses were sloppy the first quarter, then the LC offense started moving the ball. Lots of penalties, alot were questionable - one inadvertent whistle that possibly kept Lebanon from scoring on a turnover - I don't know all the details of that one.

Great game for the Falcons until they decided they had won it 24-0. I really, really wish that the boys could get fired up and stay fired up for 4 quarters regardless of what's showing on the scoreboard.

REALLY great effort by Lebanon.

The prize? We get to go to Tomahawk and play Riverdale. WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again at least one team in Region 3 shuts up all those folks that suffer from Riverdale-itus :thumb:

Edited by jabbo

What a game! What a game this will be! Those Blue Devils will be rollion tonight. I mean rollin over those Lincoln county folks. Lebanon will bring there A++ game tonight and walk out of the Pittyful PIT winners tonight. :thumb: I would put my money where my BIG mouth is. Anyone know the best route to go and how long it takes to get there. Meetcha there boyz and girlz. :lol:

As you were saying?????

BTW - Does Lebanon's band not know any song other than the one that they kept playing, over and over, for the whole ballgame???? :D

As you were saying?????

BTW - Does Lebanon's band not know any song other than the one that they kept playing, over and over, for the whole ballgame???? :blink:

Their band is good, but I also got tired of hearing that one song - it reminded me of a song in that old Clint Eastwood movie "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"...the one at the end where Tuco is running through the graveyard. I also got tired of them playing it while we had the ball on that end of the field. There ought to be a law....

LCstatman - do you know what LC's penalties were total - we must of had 100 yards worth the first quarter.

Edited by jabbo

Their band is good, but I also got tired of hearing that one song - it reminded me of a song in that old Clint Eastwood movie "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"...the one at the end where Tuco is running through the graveyard. I also got tired of them playing it while we had the ball on that end of the field. There ought to be a law....

LCstatman - do you know what LC's penalties were total - we must of had 100 yards worth the first quarter.

100 yds?? What were they? Holding? Motion? Spears? So much for home cookin....

L.C. was definately lucky to hang on for the victory after leading 24-0 with 8 mins. to go in the game. I don't think that we were in a prevent defense, it just got to the point that Lebanon couldn't do anything wrong and we couldn't do anything right. There's no excuse for Lebanon getting those 2 on-sides kicks there late in the game, it seemed like our guys were just lying back there about 12 or so yards from the kick off and waiting for the ball to come to them instead of going after it, no excuse at all.

But that having been said, the last two onside kicks Lebanon was offsides on both and neither was called, from where we were sitting (right on the forty yd. line) it was obivious and on the last one Lebanon had at least 3 guys that were past the line before the ball was kicked and it for whatever reason it was not called. Lebanon's coach stayed out on the field for at least 5 or 6 mins. yelling or argueing with the refs about the call on the last one but it was also obivious that the ball was touched by Lebanon on the 48 yard line and the ball has to go ten yards before it can be recovered and it only went 8 yards. It almost got ugly after the game as a few Lebanon assisants went after the refs screaming at them at the top of their lungs, but in this case they made the right call. But there were several other calls made during the game that were questionable to say the least for both teams, including an inadverent whistle that stopped a play in the middle of it when Chris Shelton was still running on the option and play was stopped. :huh:

If lebanon had played the whole game like they played the last 8 mins they would have won, but they didn't, and that's their fault, not the refs, and I know that someone will get on here and blame the loss on the refs. and that's not the case at all. It is a 48 min. game not an 8 min game.

I know that a win is a win but if we play defense next week like we played the final 8 mins. tonight we will get completely blown out by Riverdale, but that goes without being said. It's hard to explain how you blow a 24 point lead with 8 mins. to go in the game though :thumb:

And No, Jeremy Ramsey didn't even dress out for the game, he stood on the sidelines in street clothes the whole game, and we used about three different tailbacks, with Matt Moran getting most of the carries.