Lebanon at Lincoln County

tdluna

I can't believe no one has talked about this already, but I will start the topic. I have seen both teams play, so I have a good idea of what I seen.

Lebanon is a decent team, but very inconsistent at times (i.e. Blackman). They tend to usually rely on their QB to hook up to their number 1 wr, while throwing in a little bit of run. The defense is stingy at times, but breaks down at times as well. Special teams are very crucial, because they were off-balanced and that's why Blackman won against Lebanon earlier in the season.

Lincoln County seems to be inconsistent at times as well. If Jeremy Ramsey (RB) has a good game, the team seems to be very strong. The offensive line is weak (AT TIMES) but has also shown strengths (AT TIMES). Defensively the team is sound even without Marcus Foxx. The Falcons tend to get beat in the secondary at times, which could be dangerous with Lebanon's number one wideout.

My prediction: Lebanon gives the Falcons a tough first half, before Lincoln County pulls away in the third and fourth quarter. Lebanon has some play makers, but the Falcons have better talent. The only question is will the Falcons lack intensity like they did against Cookeville? If Lebanon comes in to "the Pit" fired up, it could be another Cookeville deja vu all over again for the Falcons. Remember, Lebanon did beat the Cavs' early in the season, but Cookeville was a younger team at that time.

FALCONS 28 - BLUE DEVILS 14

Edited by tdluna

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe no one has talked about this already, but I will start the topic. I have seen both teams play, so I have a good idea of what I seen.

Lebanon is a decent team, but very inconsistent at times (i.e. Blackman). They tend to usually rely on their QB to hook up to their number 1 wr, while throwing in a little bit of run. The defense is stingy at times, but breaks down at times as well. Special teams are very crucial, because they were off-balanced and that's why Blackman won against Lebanon earlier in the season.

Lincoln County seems to be inconsistent at times as well. If Jeremy Ramsey (RB) has a good game, the team seems to be very strong. The offensive line is weak (AT TIMES) but has also shown strengths (AT TIMES). Defensively the team is sound even without Marcus Foxx. The Falcons tend to get beat in the secondary at times, which could be dangerous with Lebanon's number one wideout.

My prediction: Lebanon gives the Falcons a tough first half, before Lincoln County pulls away in the third and fourth quarter. Lebanon has some play makers, but the Falcons have better talent. The only question is will the Falcons lack intensity like they did against Cookeville? If Lebanon comes in to "the Pit" fired up, it could be another Cookeville deja vu all over again for the Falcons. Remember, Lebanon did beat the Cavs' early in the season, but Cookeville was a younger team at that time.

FALCONS 28 - BLUE DEVILS 14

Falcons 21 - Blue Devils 17

Who does the winner play? Outcome of what game and where?

Edited by TNCASH

Going to be an interesting game. Probably one of the most evenly matched first round games in the state.

The 'Pit' can be very intimidating to any visiting teams if the fans from Lincoln County show up in the numbers they have in the past. That can usually count for three points for LC right off the bat.

Another factor will be the health of the players as both teams have been thru a tough season to get here. Who's players are in the best shape right now and who will give that extra effort on game night.

For me I will give the coaching edge to LC. Coach with years of experience in playoff games.

I say LC 'should' take it, but would not be surprised if Lebanon wins in a close game.

A note to lebanon folks from another thread

As for Lebanon

I have been very hard before on coach brown because last time they came to smyrna he was a screaming ranting maniac that night on the sidelines last night he was an absolute professional and in complete control at all times. His sideline was well organized and he ran the team well.

He also was constantly coaching his players especially the qb on what they were seeing and technique and did it in a controlled manner and without all the negativity last time.

He is still a very hard nosed caoch but either he had a bad game a couple years ago or he has made a concious change

Lebanon also had a bad rep as players in the past. Last night the played very hard but also without any cheap talk shots or anything they showed class and sportmanship through out the game

Well now that this part of the season is over I will pull for all region 4 5a teams to get wins next week.

A note to lebanon folks from another thread

As for Lebanon

I have been very hard before on coach brown because last time they came to smyrna he was a screaming ranting maniac that night on the sidelines last night he was an absolute professional and in complete control at all times. His sideline was well organized and he ran the team well.

He also was constantly coaching his players especially the qb on what they were seeing and technique and did it in a controlled manner and without all the negativity last time.

He is still a very hard nosed caoch but either he had a bad game a couple years ago or he has made a concious change

Lebanon also had a bad rep as players in the past. Last night the played very hard but also without any cheap talk shots or anything they showed class and sportmanship through out the game

Well now that this part of the season is over I will pull for all region 4 5a teams to get wins next week.

Lebanon pretty much had their way with Cookeville earlier in the season, so im calling for a region 4 sweep this week. Nobody has really given Lebanon much respect for turning it around this season, they could very suprise a few folks along the way

lebanon seems to be a little predictable on offense this past few games, only throwing around 5-8 times a game, i know nothing about lincoln county this year all ive herd about is how tough it is to play at "the pit"

Lebanon will have to establish the running game and they have to control the line of scrimmage. Lebanon has looked really well on defense this year so look for another big game of the nasty D.

Should be a great game ill take Lebanon

17-10

lebanon seems to be a little predictable on offense this past few games, only throwing around 5-8 times a game, i know nothing about lincoln county this year all ive herd about is how tough it is to play at "the pit"

Lebanon will have to establish the running game and they have to control the line of scrimmage. Lebanon has looked really well on defense this year so look for another big game of the nasty D.

Should be a great game ill take Lebanon

17-10

The 'Pit' is one of the great places in Tennessee to visit for football fans. It like Oak Ridge and a couple other places should be a MUST SEE for any true HS football fan in Tn.

CUdog24 if you have never been there you should make an effort and go to this game to support you boys. Food an atmoshpere is great.