Danny MCcoin..

maxout

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I respect your position, but I have to disagree with a qualifier.

The parents have a right to expect quality instruction, a following of school policy, a safe but challenging environment for their child to be in, to be kept informed of progress and problems, and to know up front the expectations of the program and that their child will be held responsible to those expectations, with appropriate consequences (including disqualification from the team in serious infractions).

They do NOT have the right to run or interfere with the program, to expect special treatment of their child at the expense of the team and the program, to advise their child to ignore team guidelines, and to continually stir up controversy. They may 'pay the bills,' but they do NOT make decisions on playing time, position, practice expectations (as long as they are safe), or any other matter of the actual operations of the program as regulated by the board and law. If these lines are crossed in a group/team activity you have anarchy. All you have to do is look at the consistently losing programs in the region and the atmosphere surrounding those programs and you will find the reason why they are losing and unstable.

I have observed SOP at the school; and although there is a hard line talked concerning parental interference I have seen too many times that the malcontent minority are given too much voice and that too much time is spent pacifying them. And that there is at times unrealistic demands put on the sports programs insofar as won-loss records....and the ubiquitous 'playing time' expectations of some parents. This is common; but how the administration handles the chronic complainers can determine the stability of the programs. IMHO there is an increasing failure by the administration to keep this in check..and to even play politics, and this led to Danny throwing in the towel.

And that is a dammed disgrace :thumb:

Great Post and i Totally agree with you

The parents have a right to expect quality instruction, a following of school policy, a safe but challenging environment for their child to be in, to be kept informed of progress and problems, and to know up front the expectations of the program and that their child will be held responsible to those expectations, with appropriate consequences (including disqualification from the team in serious infractions).

They do NOT have the right to run or interfere with the program, to expect special treatment of their child at the expense of the team and the program, to advise their child to ignore team guidelines, and to continually stir up controversy. They may 'pay the bills,' but they do NOT make decisions on playing time, position, practice expectations (as long as they are safe), or any other matter of the actual operations of the program as regulated by the board and law. If these lines are crossed in a group/team activity you have anarchy. All you have to do is look at the consistently losing programs in the region and the atmosphere surrounding those programs and you will find the reason why they are losing and unstable.

I have observed SOP at the school; and although there is a hard line talked concerning parental interference I have seen too many times that the malcontent minority are given too much voice and that too much time is spent pacifying them. And that there is at times unrealistic demands put on the sports programs insofar as won-loss records....and the ubiquitous 'playing time' expectations of some parents. This is common; but how the administration handles the chronic complainers can determine the stability of the programs. IMHO there is an increasing failure by the administration to keep this in check..and to even play politics, and this led to Danny throwing in the towel.

And that is a dammed disgrace :thumb:

I agree 100%...Parents may pay the bills, but that dont mean they run the football team

And that is a dammed disgrace :blink:

Agree 100%! Problem is, we live in a one person rules society these days. One

fool or a few, can change our whole way of life. this is soooooo wrong it is giving

me a headache. You see this happening every day in the news. Used to be the

majority ruled. That's why we have elections, to let the "majority decide issues",

not a few behind closed doors & minds.

I know I don't have a dog in this hunt in a sense, but when this happens we ALL

lose.

I would love to see these peoples names printed in your paper, so all would know.

When I first saw Soggy's post on this subject, I went ballistic.

Best of luck to LA, and Coach McCoin, from a neighbor in TC.

I agree with you La Wildcat because i was there in practice every day he did every thing that he did to make a team good and whoever thinks that he did a bad job is absolultley ridiculous...we were a young team and we did lose a lot of talent and a lot of heart we will get better...i hope...thanks to all you idots that ran him off it stinks that i wont get to finish out my three years with him.

i have been a wildcat fan all my life....i was raised in overton county, played football years ago, and now enjoy watching grandkids play ball...i frequntly get on here and catch up for the past couple of years, but decided to join with you people...the question i have for hogeye is are you a freshman....do you play ball....is most of the team hurt by this....i imagine so....got to be hard for you guys

Its a sad day in town when you run off one of your own. As for the previous post, how could the team not be hurt by this? They just lost a great coach. Did the town really expect him to win half of his games this season? Not to put the Wildcats down, but they are young and their talent has not reached its full potential yet. Not many people could have done a better job with that young of a team. If the towns-people know more about football, then they should coach. There has to be some sort of politics involved in this. I can't see getting rid of a coach after one bad season. It would serve the town right if Danny took his two boys somewhere else to go to school. Best of luck to McCoin in whatever he does from here.

It is funny that none of the people that have such a problem with Coach McCoin cant get on here and speak their side of the story. Could it be that they have no real reason for what they have done?

Its a sad day in town when you run off one of your own. As for the previous post, how could the team not be hurt by this? They just lost a great coach. Did the town really expect him to win half of his games this season? Not to put the Wildcats down, but they are young and their talent has not reached its full potential yet. Not many people could have done a better job with that young of a team. If the towns-people know more about football, then they should coach. There has to be some sort of politics involved in this. I can't see getting rid of a coach after one bad season. It would serve the town right if Danny took his two boys somewhere else to go to school. Best of luck to McCoin in whatever he does from here.

It is funny that none of the people that have such a problem with Coach McCoin cant get on here and speak their side of the story. Could it be that they have no real reason for what they have done?

To my knowledge, Coach McCoin was not run off. If he was told he was going to be fired, just exactly who told him that? You make the statement why hasn't the "other side" gotten on here and told their story, who is the other side? Furthermore, I always thought problems were supposed to be dealt with face to face, not on Coach T. I respect Coach McCoin and his abilities, but matters can be handled better than getting on Coach T and throwing barbs at each other.

This is a great loss for Livingston Academy sports. Coach mccoin is a great coach and a great guy, he has forgot more about football than anyone in overton county has ever known. Thanks to the ignorance of some people who think we should get a state title every year, YOU HAVE RUN OFF A GREAT COACH.

Bryan Aldridge

ok i do agree with this b/c he is a great coach and anyone who says he isnt well must not no anything much about the situation...he did wat he had to do they just didnt have the talent to win the big games and you have to consider the fact they play the toughest scedule in the state when it comes down to 3A...you see the coaches can only do so much he did wat he could the players just didnt respond right. Oh and thanks to all you idots that ran him off.

i have been a wildcat fan all my life....i was raised in overton county, played football years ago, and now enjoy watching grandkids play ball...i frequntly get on here and catch up for the past couple of years, but decided to join with you people...the question i have for hogeye is are you a freshman....do you play ball....is most of the team hurt by this....i imagine so....got to be hard for you guys

yes i play ball and yes im a fresman and yes it is hard for us freshman b/c we had just came up from middleschool and we were getting used to the way we were coached...the whole team was hurt by this no matter if you were a senior or not i mean u not only lost a coach you lost a friend as well

Edited by wildcat_Football_Player