Page @ Independence

donathan5507

Well this is the best rivalry in the midstate because it's fueled by pure hatred.

Both games last year were instant classics with Page winning each by a point.

Page graduted every starter and now is faced with a difficult task of rebuilding, while Independence returns every player from last year and a 6-4 transfer who--unlike our other famed transfer--pays for every meal he eats.

I say Indy by 30 but you never know in rivalry games like this.

Edited by donathan5507

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Come on Donny give Page a break. Independence is the better team, but Page might hang in for a while. I could be interesting. Donny I think you know the rivalry is pretty much over. The Page fans are pretty weak this year. Some of my friends went to a game, and there were more 06' grads than students. To bad there won't be any syrup all over the cars in the parking lot. 05' and 06' owned Independence end of story.

Donny I haven't seen Nick play, but looking at his stats he still not much of a threat. What do you thing? Is he still lacking his basketball fundimentals?

Go Patriots

Page might be able to hang in for awhile. But Indy will pull away by the second quarter. Indy by 20.

And about Luttrell, just from how he played against CHS, he looked very sloppy, with a couple of dropped passes and at least 3 travel calls. Against a smaller Page team, he might do better though.

I just don't see it being close. I know that "anything can happen" but Centennial throttled Page and we beat Centennial by 10. I hate that whole "we played them and you lost to them" concept but it cannot be overlooked. Page is in a rebuilding year and I'll go as far as to say that the rivalry is completely dead. A few ignorant Page fans still think that they're going to go out on Tuesday and get the win but I just don't see it happening. Page doesn't have the guards or the athletes. Andre is their best player and I think he can hang okay with Nick (fundamentals are still...fundamental. He's not getting any help from officials this year...he should be going for 10-15 in every game regardless).

Page is without Johnny McClain, who is probably their best athlete (Blake Neel being his only competition) and even he isn't worth 20-25 points. Blake Neel is a fantastic athlete but football is clearly his sport...this isn't saying he's a bad basketball player, but he isn't a standout. I mean, Kyle Wiseman? Beau Woodis? I just don't see this one being close. This reminds me of the football game where several Page people said it would be close and it just didn't turn out that way.

There's no shame in that...Page graduated 9 (!!!) seniors and Indy is at full strength. Page athletics will be better in a few years, but five games into their biggest rebuilding season ever, it's just not happening.

Indy is a top ten team in the midstate in class AAA while Page is struggling big-time in class AA.

I just don't see where you're getting that Page is going to keep it close.

Indy's seniors want this win more than they're going to want any game this season (outside of Franklin). They had to endure four vicious defeats and they're out to avenge all four of them, while only Andre on Page's team even saw any minutes in either of the two games last year.

Rumor has it that Joey Johnson is suiting up for Page on Tuesday...this could throw a wrench into our plans.

Edited by donathan5507

Thanks for your insights, donathan5507. It could be close if Page's Smithson has a good game on the inside and if Page can match the three-point shooting of IHS. While it has been a rough start for the Patriots, they have improved since the start of the season. IHS has a great team this season, but you never know when a team could come out flat. Speculation is good here on coacht, but the game is played on the court. We'll have to wait and see how the players decide this game.