Oak Ridge sees return of Ron Gray?

Ole Dad

Tn,

Yeah, me too. I sent my pointy hat to the cleaners though so I could post again. I think you are right about 4-5 coaches gone.

Ole Dad

Maybe Graham comes home. I think if Graham comes back then Speas would too. I do think AE, Fulton, and Catholic beat Farragut, Mc Minn County and William Blount. Therefore atleast 2 of these teams make the playoffs. Quite honestly with 1300 students Fulton could/should be 5A along with Maryville.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would support Ron Gray returning. He is good with the offensive line and that was the biggest contributor to the fall to a 5-5 season this year. Ron was very disappointed when he did not get the Head Coaching position a couple of years ago and like a lot of us, acted and said things before he thought about them in that dissappointment. But, after seeing the team play this year and realizing that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill, he would like to return, and contribute to averting another season like the last. The biggest obstacle to him is some coaches on the current staff have issues with Ron, and perhaps rightfully so, but its time to put the program first, and all work hard in this critical off season to return Oak Ridge Football back to competitive status. Ron Gray would help do that. Ron also has a lot of good offensive ideas drawing on his experience as offensive coordinator from the Lussier and Gaddis years, which would utilize the type of players we have coming back to the best of their abilities.

You cant blame SS for accepting the job. When is KG and TB gonna be held accountable?

I hope SS will get things turned around.

I agree with Nick...SS did what most of us would do, he took the job!! I hope he can turn it around next year, the program means more to me then who is coaching it, and as long as he is head coach I will support him...AND if there is another coaching change somwhere down the line, leave TB and KG as far away from the process as possible...leave the selection to the committee next time, if they can get anyone to serve on it!!!

Bounder, now for some GOOD news. The wife's Christmas dinner is the weekend after the Bowl Games for a change so Lunch is ON!

Now we just have to pick a place and time.

Now one question to Oak Ridge folks. How much did Gulmire's broken thumb cost y'all this year? Would y'alls record have been better? I am really sorry he got hurt so early in the season as I admired the way he led y'alls team last year in the game against us. :thumb:

I think it cost us two ball games, Farragut and William Blount, we may not have been able to beat Ooltewah even with Connor at QB, but I really thought his best game was the McMinn County Game, he was starting to come around, his passing was better and he was more mobile and accurate then both the sophomore quarterbacks that replaced him. I think the record would have been 7-3 and we would have been going to the playoffs in the 2 or 3 spot....it was a key injury...

I would support Ron Gray returning. He is good with the offensive line and that was the biggest contributor to the fall to a 5-5 season this year. Ron was very disappointed when he did not get the Head Coaching position a couple of years ago and like a lot of us, acted and said things before he thought about them in that dissappointment. But, after seeing the team play this year and realizing that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill, he would like to return, and contribute to averting another season like the last. The biggest obstacle to him is some coaches on the current staff have issues with Ron, and perhaps rightfully so, but its time to put the program first, and all work hard in this critical off season to return Oak Ridge Football back to competitive status. Ron Gray would help do that. Ron also has a lot of good offensive ideas drawing on his experience as offensive coordinator from the Lussier and Gaddis years, which would utilize the type of players we have coming back to the best of their abilities.

all i got to say is Stanton better get those OR hats he wears fitted with side mirrors cause RG is all about sliding the knife deep in the HC's back when he's not looking. ask gaddis and lussier. and i have to disagree about the oline. many, many problems this year coming together as a whole to contribute to the year we ended up with. to place the blame in single area alone is wrong. many things at play behind the scenes. probably best not to blame at all but to move forward and fix. we dont need more problems. certainly don't need staff inner problems. which we would have with him. this is all really premature anyways. who says stanton even wants him?

I think it cost us two ball games, Farragut and William Blount, we may not have been able to beat Ooltewah even with Connor at QB, but I really thought his best game was the McMinn County Game, he was starting to come around, his passing was better and he was more mobile and accurate then both the sophomore quarterbacks that replaced him. I think the record would have been 7-3 and we would have been going to the playoffs in the 2 or 3 spot....it was a key injury...

Thanks! Good info. I was really impressed with him in the game when he beat us.