Oak Ridge sees return of Ron Gray?

Ole Dad

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go,

Credibility on rumors only comes after the event transpires. In this case anybody's guess is as good as mine. Who knows what Ron Greay will do or the Krazy School System in OR either. Neither one has a very good track record recently on decision making. All we can do is wait and see what happens and hope whatever changes are made they become helpful in getting the Cats on track. How dare you accuse me of stirring the pot. I am just an Old Man asking a simple question. LOL

Ole Dad

Ole Dad do you have any real credibility to your rumors? Or are you just stirring the pot? I heard Gray was looking to apply to other jobs this off season, so he could be offered the job and turn it down. That seems to be his M.O.

If Oak Ridge Hired Ron Gray back as a football coach it would be the biggest bone headed hire ever. I wouldn't want him as waterboy. We would have a different coach if certain individuals inside the program and one in particular outside the program didn't write letters to the school trying to keep a certain individual from being hired. They did not want who the committee selected. Everyone who opposed the committees decision had a hand in Coach Stevens becoming the coach. Now you should live with it.

Nick,

You're most likely correct again. Quit being right all the time it is not like you.

Ole Dad

If Oak Ridge Hired Ron Gray back as a football coach it would be the biggest bone headed hire ever. I wouldn't want him as waterboy. We would have a different coach if certain individuals inside the program and one in particular outside the program didn't write letters to the school trying to keep a certain individual from being hired. They did not want who the committee selected. Everyone who opposed the committees decision had a hand in Coach Stevens becoming the coach. Now you should live with it.

First of all, I know Nick Orlando & you sir, are no Nick Orlando, The Nick Orlando I know would not be satisfied with a 5&5 recorded, cursing out kids, Kids cursing out coaches, & an out of control program.

Who would you recommend be the coach?

Nick Sr. is rolling over in his grave over 5-5 and the disrespect between players and coaches. I knew him well and he was a fine man.

Ole Dad

First of all, I know Nick Orlando & you sir, are no Nick Orlando, The Nick Orlando I know would not be satisfied with a 5&5 recorded, cursing out kids, Kids cursing out coaches, & an out of control program.

Who would you recommend be the coach?

I still refer to him as Coach or Coach Orlando. Can't use the Nic word, can't even type it, I'm afraid he will come back and get me with that darn paddle. Also too much respect for him to this day and I had him in the 50's. I think I'd like just one more whack just to get to see him.

Edited by bounder

Kazzy & Boo,

You guys can't be from OR with that kind of a loosing attitude, Stevens was a bad hire. My sources (players) say that they were blamed for loosing the State Championship, that may be ok at Austin East, but this is not what we are looking for here at OR.

So look up the Austin East thread & post there.

:D

I think Austin East went to the state and won it with Stevens as a head coach. By the way the current head coach at AE is from your great Oak Ridge. I am not from Oak Ridge. I honestly spent most of my life envying them. Why? Their facilties, the mystic, the walk to the field, the winning but most of all their great community support. Or what I thought the support was. You guys don't know how sick it would be to hear Stevens, Tillman, and Graham talk about their Oak Ridge Wildcats and the history over hear in knoxville. I learned to appreciate those guys for the love and effort they gave in east knoxville for the kids. But I realize that the special feeling they feel about their beloved Wildcat program has to be damaged now. I mean these guys sweat and bled for this school. They all have such pride for the program and I would bet Stevens is hurting more than anyone because of that pride. To say he is not worthy to coach Oak Ridge, look at records alone and there lies the answers. Look at past hires records they won't compare to his. You can say well he played 3A ball. I am a fan and biased to knoxville but I would bet that Catholic and Fulton would compete in region 2 5A. Those are teams that are in that 3A region. I always wonder why Graham and Tillman told Stevens no to coming to Oak Ridge. At first I thought it was do to the vacancy at AE. I come to find out Graham never applied for the AE job. They called him in August and asked if he would do it. Some more history I recently found out is Oak Ridgers wanted Bill Young out (good coach), Gattis (good coach 1 state championship and nationally ranked), lousier (a good coach) and now Stevens in two years. I sure hope he wins the state next year or he will be put out of HIS HOMETOWN. Amazing !!!!!!

Edited by boorelly

I think Austin East went to the state and won it with Stevens as a head coach. By the way the current head coach at AE is from your great Oak Ridge. I am not from Oak Ridge. I honestly spent most of my life envying them. Why? Their facilties, the mystic, the walk to the field, the winning but most of all their great community support. Or what I thought the support was. You guys don't know how sick it would be to hear Stevens, Tillman, and Graham talk about their Oak Ridge Wildcats and the history over hear in knoxville. I learned to appreciate those guys for the love and effort they gave in east knoxville for the kids. But I realize that the special feeling they feel about their beloved Wildcat program has to be damaged now. I mean these guys sweat and bled for this school. They all have such pride for the program and I would bet Stevens is hurting more than anyone because of that pride. To say he is not worthy to coach Oak Ridge, look at records alone and there lies the answers. Look at past hires records they won't compare to his. You can say well he played 3A ball. I am a fan and biased to knoxville but I would bet that Catholic and Fulton would compete in region 2 5A. Those are teams that are in that 3A region. I always wonder why Graham and Tillman told Stevens no to coming to Oak Ridge. At first I thought it was do to the vacancy at AE. I come to find out Graham never applied for the AE job. They called him in August and asked if he would do it. Some more history I recently found out is Oak Ridgers wanted Bill Young out (good coach), Gattis (good coach 1 state championship and nationally ranked), lousier (a good coach) and now Stevens in two years. I sure hope he wins the state next year or he will be put out of HIS HOMETOWN. Amazing !!!!!!

I do not know who is teaching you history, but here are the facts:

Bill Young coached for seven years from, 1981 until 1987, he had a overall record of 57-21.....73.1%.

But, his playoff record was 3-5, and he failed to make the playoffs in 1981, and 1986. In his last two years at Oak Ridge he was 12-10. Coach Young is a fine person and a good coach, but no one would survive those type of numbers at Oak Ridge.

Coach Gaddis overall record was 119-24....83.2% and won one State Championship, his leaving had nothing to do with wins or losses.

Coach Stevens is 18-7 in two years...72.0%

And if your willing to bet that Fulton and Catholic would be succesfull in 2-5A, you would lose that bet.