Oak Ridge sees return of Ron Gray?

Ole Dad

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Ron Gray offered is survices earlier in the season. That's all I have to say about that

Hey Tnbreakers fine time up to AP. You were right about those other folks, great people to be with. By the way was it you or me that got the other thread closed? Doesn't really matter that thing had run it course anyway.

Bounder,

Shame on you Bounder, there you go again airing our dirty laundry again when this is our business. I know it's ok for you to do it but no one else.

I will be honest, earlier in the year, I had one of your BBQ sandwiches & I thought I was eating dirty laundry, I missed the whole game because I was in the "facility".

That night you WERE speaking for me.

Since I am not allowed to talk, Ole dad speaks for me..

Blade runner " rollin with my home boys "

Blade,

Glad I can be of assistance to you.

Ole Dad

Bounder,

Shame on you Bounder, there you go again airing our dirty laundry again when this is our business. I know it's ok for you to do it but no one else.

I will be honest, earlier in the year, I had one of your BBQ sandwiches & I thought I was eating dirty laundry, I missed the whole game because I was in the "facility".

That night you WERE speaking for me.

Since I am not allowed to talk, Ole dad speaks for me..

Blade runner " rollin with my home boys "

I am of the opinion that there are many cancers that lie within the Oak Ridge football program. Some of you would be shocked if you knew who these so called "sources" are. One guy likes to be the first one to shake the coaches hands when they get off the bus at blankenship and then get on here and trash them. Another is actually a coach on the staff and another is a former coach.

I do not think that coach Stevens was the best hire. I know the committee did not choose him. Ken Green and Mr. Bailey are the ones responsible for this mess we are in. Even if Stevens turns out to be a good coach there are some people that will never except him at Oak Ridge simply because of the circumstances he was hired under. I have stated before that he was not my first, second, or third choice either. I don't even know why they bothered to interview anybody. However he is our coach.

Regardless of how good the coaches pumped this team up to be, most of us who follow the program closely knew that there would be a big drop off in talent after last years class graduated. Do I think we should have been better than we were? yes. Do I think we should have won the region? No. We should have at least made the post season.

Nicky,

Good post but I am not sure I know the people you speak of. Another is me, just an OLD OR fan that thinks it takes extra effort to be a Wildcat. Heck, top 4 in the region was better than sitting home at 5-5. The talent on this team could have easily won 9-10 games. 8 in regular season and a playoff game or two. Anything less than that is unacceptable. Do you think Alcoa, maryville, DB, and other perinial powers have a larger talent pool than OR? No. They just work harder than we have the past two years and with better direction and coaching. I don't have the solution but there are a lot of smart guys like you up there that can figure it out.

Ole Dad

I am of the opinion that there are many cancers that lie within the Oak Ridge football program. Some of you would be shocked if you knew who these so called "sources" are. One guy likes to be the first one to shake the coaches hands when they get off the bus at blankenship and then get on here and trash them. Another is actually a coach on the staff and another is a former coach.

I do not think that coach Stevens was the best hire. I know the committee did not choose him. Ken Green and Mr. Bailey are the ones responsible for this mess we are in. Even if Stevens turns out to be a good coach there are some people that will never except him at Oak Ridge simply because of the circumstances he was hired under. I have stated before that he was not my first, second, or third choice either. I don't even know why they bothered to interview anybody. However he is our coach.

Regardless of how good the coaches pumped this team up to be, most of us who follow the program closely knew that there would be a big drop off in talent after last years class graduated. Do I think we should have been better than we were? yes. Do I think we should have won the region? No. We should have at least made the post season.

Nicky,

Good post but I am not sure I know the people you speak of. Another is me, just an OLD OR fan that thinks it takes extra effort to be a Wildcat. Heck, top 4 in the region was better than sitting home at 5-5. The talent on this team could have easily won 9-10 games. 8 in regular season and a playoff game or two. Anything less than that is unacceptable. Do you think Alcoa, maryville, DB, and other perinial powers have a larger talent pool than OR? No. They just work harder than we have the past two years and with better direction and coaching. I don't have the solution but there are a lot of smart guys like you up there that can figure it out.

Ole Dad

I think that poor offensive line play and poor special teams were a big part of it. Not to mention our defense never stopped anyone when they had to. Heck special teams could have won both the WB game and the MC game. We make the playoffs if we win those games. They were a big key in the farragutless game also. I think coaching is a big part of both offensive line and special teams play.

Nick,

Very true. Now we need to figure out a solution so we are not 3-7 next yearwith a loss to Clinton AND Farragut.

HELP US!

Ole Dad

I think that poor offensive line play and poor special teams were a big part of it. Not to mention our defense never stopped anyone when they had to. Heck special teams could have won both the WB game and the MC game. We make the playoffs if we win those games. They were a big key in the farragutless game also. I think coaching is a big part of both offensive line and special teams play.

Reading this thread there is no question many at Oak Ridge are not happy after this season. Early on I thought OR would have done better being one year removed from a state championship. I know that must be hard to take for a traditional winner like Oak Ridge has been. I never thought that when Gulmire got hurt and could not be the QB the team would tank.

I don't think Stevens is going anywhere but it seems he needs to develop some depth so that a key injury won't lead to a losing season.

Ole Dad or someone,

Being from the west TN area I don't know alot about Oak Ridge football but being from TN and having been involved with high school football in this state for many years I have kept up with the success of the Oak Ridge program. It is very noticeable even from the other side of the state- a much respected program known for success, period. I just wanted to know a little background info. Who exactly is Ron Gray to the Oak Ridge program? As far as a coaching vacancy there, if it does turn out that way, I know a coach here in West TN that in my opinion is as good as it gets. He's had 10 straight 10 win seasons, a TN state title and a runner up, plus a state title in another state. Not to mention, that certain coach, this year, took over a program that was 2-8 the past 3 seasons and went undefeated in the region and onto a 7-3 record in one year with little talent. I am sure Oak Ridge would be a place he would want to go and stay because that's as good a place as it gets as well. Either way, good luck in the future.

Edited by formerCoach81