Huntland @ Jo Byrns

Shep

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Win JBS!

Now you are 0-0 again.

Looks like Jo Byrns is playing Collinwood....Does anyone know if that game would be a home or away?

If I remember correctly, JBS played Collinwood 4 years ago, in the 1st round of the playoffs, and lost 21-14 (??)......And that was a pretty long bus ride (almost down on the Alabama/Tennessee stat line).

I hope we can keep the games in the Devils Dungeon!!

"Ok" crowd tonight...I think most of the Robertson county people were over watching Springfield whoop up on Stratford.

Again,nice win JBS.....Huntland, good game. I thought you had something for a little bit. Dont take it too hard....JBS is on a mission this year. They are on machine status right now.

Lets do it again next week guys!

Keep it up!!

Machine status? Did u not see the game tonight??? We played like crap, and yes Huntland played their hearts out, but we just didnt play well. I think alot of it was due to the fact that nobody thought they were any good just cuz they were 5-5. I am pleased with the win obviously, but also realize that we must improve to keep our season alive.

Give props to #34 he ran hard, but oddly enough his only score was a TD pass. He hit a guy in the endzone on 4th and goal from the 15. Also give credit to the O-line, they ruffed me up alittle, but i am used to it by now.

A win is a win; right? It wasn't pretty tonight but I'll take it. JBHS came out extremely flat (including the crowd). It's understandable, giving the fact that last week's game was for the Region Championship. Typically, teams on all levels have this type of "let down" game after they've played in a huge game the week before. Luckily, JBHS is extremely talented and they were able to make their way through the game. casacade on the other hand was not as fortunate.

Lastly, this is for Tuck...Tuck I don't know you from a hole in the ground but I want to offer a little advice. Make an extra effort to motivate the underclassman. You may already do this but I thought that some of the underclassmen were the "main culprits" as far as "coming out flat". I think it is extremely important that the underclassmen look at this season as "it's now or never!" There may not be a "next year" for them. What JBHS has right now is very special and everyone must take advantage of every opportunity.

If I had the opportunity to talk to them, I would tell them how I approached the game as an underclassman (i.e. I've always got next year). I'd talk about how I put forth an effort (as and underclassman) but it wasn't nearly the same as when I was a senior. I'd tell them how important they are to the success of the team. I would basically try to show them that what you go though as a senior (thinking that the next game could be your last), they too will go through the same thing in less than a year. So basically, do on to others as you would want them to do on to you. When they become seniors, they will want/expect the same thing.

Let me know if I'm way off base on this. I just came away from the game tonight with this thought in mind. Congratulations and keep up the great work.

Edited by MOTO24