JEFFERSON COUNTY FOOTBALL

Warlock

Will next year be a new beginning, or the same old song and dance?

Unfortunately I don't see much change until a few things happen. Either Coach U has to become socially involved, generate interest in these middle schools, delegate some coaching responsibility to his staff, and have some creativity in his offensive play calling, OR Jefferson County needs to make a change. Play calling is very predictable, we have no depth, and I feel like he has no faith in his assistant coaches (they seem to have minimal involvement on game night). It seems like he wants to have hands on control of everything on game night (offense, defense, special teams). He needs to develop some communication skills and get involved in the community if he plans to succeed.

We have said that the level of participation is a concern and it is. 40 players is hard to comprehend from a school that size and the reputation that Jeff County has had for 30 years in the state of Tennessee. We have 1 quarterback for next year and if he gets hurt in game 1 then we are in big trouble. For the last two years we had to pull a freshman up to quarterback the JV team so they could play, because we did not have a quarterback in the sophomore or junior class on the team. Going both ways is tough, but it is extra tough when you play positions like running back/cornerback, fullback/linebacker, Tight-end/defensive end, etc. etc..

It makes me mad to think about it - it is not fair to the kids that love the game and are out there every day participating and doing what they can do, but always fighting an uphill battle. We need excitement back in our program and we need participation (students, parents, community, etc) but unless something changes I'm afraid our football program will stay just like it has been for the last 2 years. Will he change or will JC make a change?? Opinions?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately I don't see much change until a few things happen. Either Coach U has to become socially involved, generate interest in these middle schools, delegate some coaching responsibility to his staff, and have some creativity in his offensive play calling, OR Jefferson County needs to make a change. Play calling is very predictable, we have no depth, and I feel like he has no faith in his assistant coaches (they seem to have minimal involvement on game night). It seems like he wants to have hands on control of everything on game night (offense, defense, special teams). He needs to develop some communication skills and get involved in the community if he plans to succeed.

We have said that the level of participation is a concern and it is. 40 players is hard to comprehend from a school that size and the reputation that Jeff County has had for 30 years in the state of Tennessee. We have 1 quarterback for next year and if he gets hurt in game 1 then we are in big trouble. For the last two years we had to pull a freshman up to quarterback the JV team so they could play, because we did not have a quarterback in the sophomore or junior class on the team. Going both ways is tough, but it is extra tough when you play positions like running back/cornerback, fullback/linebacker, Tight-end/defensive end, etc. etc..

It makes me mad to think about it - it is not fair to the kids that love the game and are out there every day participating and doing what they can do, but always fighting an uphill battle. We need excitement back in our program and we need participation (students, parents, community, etc) but unless something changes I'm afraid our football program will stay just like it has been for the last 2 years. Will he change or will JC make a change?? Opinions?

JCHS won`t make a change because of the Pandora's like box it would open where if people make enough noise a coach will get canned. On the flip side I don`t think Eu will leave on his own, too much pride which won`t allow him to admit to failure. The only solution I see is if a job opens up that Eu thinks is better than his current position, he's not blind he knows the potential of the program and I doubt he`ll leave unless another historically successful program opens up.

At least you have that Mcfall kid in the backfield.. I attended mostly East games this season and he was the best back that I saw. Just natural hard runner. Get him in the weight room and he'll take you guys places. He thrashed East it killed me to watch him single handidly take out my Canes... Good luck Jeff Co.

Lamarr Brown, asst. head coach and def. cord. at MOwest, , and former PATRIOT would make an excellant head coach at his former high school

Lamarr Brown and Kenny Ratledge from Sevier County you would think would be the two leading candidates should the job open up. Both understand what Patriot football is all about, plus know a lot of the kids in the county from having coached against them and just living in the area.

Lamarr Brown and Kenny Ratledge from Sevier County you would think would be the two leading candidates should the job open up. Both understand what Patriot football is all about, plus know a lot of the kids in the county from having coached against them and just living in the area.

JC, Brown will never go IMO. Anyway I do keep up with Jeff. Co. as I have many friends there, some with children who play. I hope the program gets turned around so that more young men have a chance to get noticed by the next level.

BTW, I have also heard Todd Collins named mentioned.

I think that things will start to click next year. A lot of students are talking like they will be trying out for the team. These are some who have played most of thier lives then stopped at the HS level or played freshman then stoppped. Some even played thier Sophomore year then sat outhis year and will return next year as seniors.

One thing that needs to change is to get these kids in the weight room. There was no weight training after football camp due to school scheduling. Now they will weight train the second semester. Hopefully they can train all summer long and into next season as well. Injuries really hurt alot too!!!

A new QB and kicker will have to step as well.

So from 6-4 to 2-8 and now 3-7 and next year will be the year JCHS starts clicking ? How many of this year's freshmen said they will play next year? JC loses around 9 seniors. Thats not much but it is almost one-fourthof the team. Is there enough former players coming out next year to give us the numbers to be competitive with the Kingsports,Sevier counties and beardens of Region 1-5A. Getting a team or teams like Cocke County that JC feels it can beat will not help you in the region. But I guess that is the only way Coach Euverard can make his record next year (if he is here) look more appelling. How sad that a once proud and respected program has come down to this !!!

JC, Brown will never go IMO. Anyway I do keep up with Jeff. Co. as I have many friends there, some with children who play. I hope the program gets turned around so that more young men have a chance to get noticed by the next level.

BTW, I have also heard Todd Collins named mentioned.

Brown applied for the job after Meadows left, so I`d never say never if I was you.

If they go that route it will depend how they divide it up, lol

As far as I know they plan to expand or build a new high school, not create two. In fact I would expect them to keep the 9th grade in the middle schools before creating another high school.

You need to read Tue.'s Standard Banner about the plan. 2 HS's is a reality.

Anybody see Jeff Middle game?

Edited by PatriotMan

Yeah I talked to school board member Jim Vines the other night and the two high school plans is back in the mix.

here is a link to the story on the JMS game. Its got a kingsport slant to it though. From what I hear, Jeff dominated the first half but turned the ball over three times.

http://www.tricitiessports.com/default.asp...rts&he=.com

And as for the problem at the high school, its gonna take more than euverard making a few changes. The school and community as a hole will have to change before the athletic department is back on track.

But I wouldnt even waste my time discussing this. The over/under is 48 hours as to when this thread will get locked. It happens with every other JCHS thread.

I am a morristown boy but I was born in JC, dad played for the elks and his brothers too. One went on to play qb at CN and I had cousins play at JCHS. I would like to see them get back to glory days. I think(just from what I have heard) that the players and parents need to let the coach run the show. They need a weight program because god knows they had one in the 80's. The satterfield boy reminded me of my truck I drive.