JEFFERSON COUNTY FOOTBALL

Warlock

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing about the weight program in the 80s Cane is that the Collins' boys and all the other standouts lifted weights without being told, because they would do whatever it took to be winners. That's whats missing in today's society. There are a few guys that have a good work ethic, but most don't.

As far as the two high schools, it might not be cheaper to build two but it would be more efficient from a teaching and student standpoint.

I would like to see White Pine and Maury as a HS and Jeff and RS as another. I think that would be the best thing for JC athletics because it would keep natural rivalries between the two schools and that could only help from a competition standpoint.

ive seen this kid at the freshman games #17 im pretty sure his name is jesse johnson not totally sure on the name but he is a pretty good IMO at quarterback (a lefty) and he was the kicker(right footed). anymore info on that kid?? good luck jchs!!

I did not see any freshman games but I did see a couple of JV games, and the Johnson kid is not the freshman that they pulled up to QB the JV team. They brought up a kid with last name Denton, so they must think he is a little farther developed than Jessee Johnson.

Is building another HS really going to be cheaper than enlarging the current one? BTW I`m all for this 2 HS plan if the put Maury and Jeff middle together, lol

It won't be cheaper. It will provide room for future growth in the county. The HS was built for 1800 students. Participation in sports will double because of more opportunity.

I think your configuration is right on King.

Brown applied for the job after Meadows left, so I`d never say never if I was you.

You're right, never say never. Coach Brown has become an intregal part the MWest program over the last couple of years. Moving into the DC/AHC position when Thompson retired was challenging I'm sure, but he has met and exceeded expectation. Brown would make a great head coach, but I don't think it will be at JC.

I know its early in the process but for anyone that knows, is an open enrollment in the plans if they do go to 2 HS's. I for see a lot of Maury kids wanting to play for the HS with RS and Jeff which would probably be the most successful athletically.

JC4life,

What I heard was that JCHS will be split down the middle, if thats possible, with 1100+ going to the new HS and the rest staying at JCHS. I would also say that Jefferson Middle and Rush Strong kids will go to the same HS.

I know its early in the process but for anyone that knows, is an open enrollment in the plans if they do go to 2 HS's. I for see a lot of Maury kids wanting to play for the HS with RS and Jeff which would probably be the most successful athletically.

I don't know, you would have a pretty good team w/ this years WP and Maury team. Sounds like it is time for our county to have 2 schools.