Notre Dame vs. FRA

DonCChatt

Wow, what a game!! Notre Dame wins 2-1 in overtime, but it could have gone either way. In the first half, I would say that FRA had the advantage, both with time of possession and shots on goal. With only a few minutes in the first half, though, Darcy Brannen scores on a perfectly placed shot with an assist by Kris Cambron. Within 2 minutes, however, FRA answers with a goal to tie it up heading into the half.

In the second half, the momentum seemed to shift to ND. They had many shots on goal, but were unable to convert. Regulation time expired.

In OT, FRA fouled within the box, and ND got to take the PK. Jaimee Cooper took the shot, and scored. FRA tried to come back, but was unable to find the net.

Final, ND 2- FRA 1

Weather was bad but not terrible. It had rained the night before, so the fields were soft. Throughout the game, though, it would start and stop raining. Most of the time it was just light rain, though at times it picked up. Fortunately, it wasn't too cool for either the players or the fans.

Both schools brought a bunch of fans, including students. I would say that ND had over 300 students, plus parents, and FRA had almost as many.

I well played game on both sides. No cards for either team. Congratulations to FRA on a great year, and good luck to Notre Dame in the Semi-finals.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!!! What a game! The best HS game I have ever seen. This was a game full of great momentum swings. After Notre dame scores first on a beautiful left footed shot from Darcy Brannen we felt pretty darn good but by the time we finished our celebration FRA was down on the other end and with a beautiful cross and a great move by the FRA player as she buries the ball in the back of the net (someone help me here with who scored). Both goals scored less than minute apart. Tied at half 1-1 ND seemed to get the better of it in the 2nd half, clanging 2 shots(maybe 3) off of the post / crossbar. After Jaimee Cooper buried her PK in the back of the net ( in the first overtime period) the time seemed to go on forever. FRA made some nice runs and kept Notre Dame back hustling on defense only for ND to make some nice counter attacks of their own. It has been much discussed but this was a game meant for the finals. FRA has a great team, it is too bad we met on Wed instead of Saturday.

FRA was down on the other end and with a beautiful cross and a great move by the FRA player as she buries the ball in the back of the net (someone help me here with who scored).

The cross was from Tory Pitts, the goal was by Lyndsey Almon.

It was a great game, played by two very good teams. Best of luck to Notre Dame in the rest of the tournament.

The cross was from Tory Pitts, the goal was by Lyndsey Almon.

It was a great game, played by two very good teams. Best of luck to Notre Dame in the rest of the tournament.

Tory Pitts I believe plays for Stones River Strikers (correct?), great player! We have played against (Express '91) her for years and can't ever seem to beat them. Has Lyndsey Almon signed to play in college? She has great skills. Thanks for kind words and good luck to all the FRA players in upcoming select season.

Tory Pitts I believe plays for Stones River Strikers (correct?), great player! We have played against (Express '91) her for years and can't ever seem to beat them. Has Lyndsey Almon signed to play in college? She has great skills. Thanks for kind words and good luck to all the FRA players in upcoming select season.

Yes, Tory does play for Stones River. I don't think Lyndsey has made a decision regarding college.

Has anyone checked out the BOX SCORE stats TSSAA has posted on their website with the brackets? I was at the game, didn't keep count of everything, but things don't seem accurate, I do know ND definitely had more than 2 corner kicks.

Congrats to both teams for all the skill, effort, and heart they showed in this match . . . you are all winners !!!!!!!!!!!!!!