Sequoyah Football Football Job Open

Bama14

After only 2 years SQHS football coach has been released from his coaching duties. Word has it that no real reason was given. This team had shown steady improvement but just couldn't get over the win hump. The team had developed discipline, and a good work ethic. They also started a ton of young kids and was on the way to being a good team. Is two years really a fair amount of time for anyone to build a program. Sequoyah has had at least 5 coaches since it open 11 years ago. Take a look at the situation and see if you really think Hollaway was treated fairly. Get real Monroe County. You are developing another situation like Telico Plains. Good luck and good job on screwing the players and the coaches. My heart goes out to the coach and his family. First they move here and take a pay cut then he becomes a victim of the Monroe County politics.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After only 2 years SQHS football coach has been released from his coaching duties. Word has it that no real reason was given. This team had shown steady improvement but just couldn't get over the win hump. The team had developed discipline, and a good work ethic. They also started a ton of young kids and was on the way to being a good team. Is two years really a fair amount of time for anyone to build a program. Sequoyah has had at least 5 coaches since it open 11 years ago. Take a look at the situation and see if you really think Hollaway was treated fairly. Get real Monroe County. You are developing another situation like Telico Plains. Good luck and good job on screwing the players and the coaches. My heart goes out to the coach and his family. First they move here and take a pay cut then he becomes a victim of the Monroe County politics.

Maybe you will find yourself another job coach. But the game I saw ya'll play your team was anything but disciplined.

Maybe you will find yourself another job coach. But the game I saw ya'll play your team was anything but disciplined.

Remember one thing nosey it was hard for a coach to run a team that was being micromanaged by the AD and administration as they were. Not sure what game you saw but you bviously didn't see them before the last couple of years. By the way I am not a coach I was a player.

You mean before they went 1-19 under him?

As ususal you go off at the mouth without knowing the facts. RT 21 CB Trap I wish you would have learned some lessons in class from your coach. Obviously coaches can't do everything as your wasn't able to teach you to have some dignity and class. THe man worked his tail off and without much help from the system. I am sure Meigs is embarressed to have someone like you claimming to be a fan and former player.

As ususal you go off at the mouth without knowing the facts. RT 21 CB Trap I wish you would have learned some lessons in class from your coach. Obviously coaches can't do everything as your wasn't able to teach you to have some dignity and class. THe man worked his tail off and without much help from the system. I am sure Meigs is embarressed to have someone like you claimming to be a fan and former player.

Actually we are not embarrassed. Your downing a man that won the most prestigious award Meigs County had to give and I guarantee you noone is embarrassed.As for Sequoah having class, not from what I saw against Meigs they didn't at least unless its classy to chop and play "tear their ACL's since our season is done" on kick offs and just flat out cheap shots

Actually we are not embarrassed. Your downing a man that won the most prestigious award Meigs County had to give and I guarantee you noone is embarrassed.As for Sequoah having class, not from what I saw against Meigs they didn't at least unless its classy to chop and play "tear their ACL's since our season is done" on kick offs and just flat out cheap shots

What is "the most prestigious award Meigs County had to give" ???

I'm sorry your right, it was 3-17 under him. My apologies They had enough talent last year to go maybe 4-6, instead they go 1-9. Same story this year. I'm not attackin the mans character, just his production. If you really think consistant 1-9 teams are what Sequoyah needs then by all means send around a petition or somethin too keep him. You have a right.

Edited by Rt-21CBTrap

Remember one thing nosey it was hard for a coach to run a team that was being micromanaged by the AD and administration as they were. Not sure what game you saw but you bviously didn't see them before the last couple of years. By the way I am not a coach I was a player.

[/quote

I was present during the last couple of years this program was a winning one. During the 2003 season, 2004 season these guys were going to the playoffs. They got beat but they did get to make the trip. So don't think that we don't have the talent or the manpower to have a winning team. We have as much talent as any school. You just have to know how to bring it out of the guys. Lots of us have seem what these kids can do. Most of them were out there every friday night busting their tails wanting to win. But alot where sitting in the stands watching . Because they knew that they were not going to get the chance to even practice, let alone get on the field to play. So what is left to say. Don't blame the AD or the administration for what has happened. By the way, as for the last couple of years on some of the players, Take a good look, 3 Names to be exact, Jerome Felton, Jonathan Jones , Chris Carson are players on these past teams now see were are theynow, hmm playing College FOOTBALL. So you need to think before you speak.