Mountian Lakes All Conference Team

TellTheTruth2004

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey I was not being negative, I was replying to your posing comment. He was stuck in the qb position. He was always a running back until Danny Thomas left and went to t high. He is an all around player. And I just popped in to see why the Thigh and Mo Town game was set at Carson newman and saw this post and you guys were talking bout my youngun and I have the right to make a comment back if I want to. And he did pretty good at qb, and I am a mom I dont worry about my eye for talent. So please dont make negative comments back at me. Yes several colleges are looking at him, UVA Wise, Emory and Henry, Carson Newman, Western North Carolina, Eastern Kentucky, Cumberland and a few others I dont have all of his letters in front of me. But yeah hes gotten decent coverage and notice.I was being flip in my post back not negative, i wish they had a laughing smiley that made noises and stuck out its tounge Glee. I wasnt being rude to you just commenting back. Heck I have been watching basketball scrimmages lately .

acton logged around 70 tackles as a defensive back at outside linebacker, I would say that makes him just as good as he never stepped off the field and played 3 positions. Doesnt pose as anything Glee. He is one of the toughest kids in this conference and everyone knows it. I dont think colleges would be looking at him as a defensive back if he wasnt right up there at the top. :P And as for being on the same field as above, they grew up playing together buddy.

if you wanna get like that about it we will.....when i say "couldn't be on the same field"..i mean skill not actually playing together geneius...."

He was stuck (posing) in the qb position. He was always a running back until Danny Thomas left and went to t high. Yes several colleges are looking at him, UVA Wise, Emory and Henry, Carson Newman, Western North Carolina, Eastern Kentucky, Cumberland and a few others I dont have all of his letters in front of me. But yeah hes gotten decent coverage and notice.I was being flip in my post not negative, I wasnt being rude to you just commenting back.

Hey, I meant no harm to you or him. I trully hope those letters turn into calls and those calls turn into visits and those visits turn into a chance to compete at the next level and most importantly, turn into a quality education. Take care of yourself and good luck to your son. :D GEZZZZ.........

Cumberland........attended this school in '76. Very small school. Very small town. I couldn't take it. Smaller than the town I grew up in but I didn't appreciate the small class sizes at the time. NAIA

Eastern Ky..........attended this school in '77. Nice size. Nice school. Was a party school back in the day. DII

Edited by GLee

Hey, I meant no harm to you or him. I trully hope those letters turn into calls and those calls turn into visits and those visits turn into a chance to compete at the next level and most importantly, turn into a quality education. Take care of yourself and good luck to your son. :) GEZZZZ.........

Cumberland........attended this school in '76. Very small school. Very small town. I couldn't take it. Smaller than the town I grew up in but I didn't appreciate the small class sizes at the time. NAIA

Eastern Ky..........attended this school in '77. Nice size. Nice school. Was a party school back in the day. DII

Hes been on a few visits already and had several calls, he hasnt decided anything as of yet. We went to UVA a few times and going back this weekend, been to Western North Carolina, nice town, nice stadium, very nice school, very windy roads back in there tho, got lost a few times. I know you dont mean anything by it, its just sometimes i get aggravated because some people like to pick at me and dont realize I am the boy's mother and talk to me like I am a man and supposed to know exactly everything they are talking about and they talk down at me and they take what I say to mean things that they dont. I dont think anything about between the lines or anything like that I just say what I think right off the top of my head when I respond sometimes. I just support my boys, all of them and just like you guys , I get aggravated when some one talks them down. Thats all. To mr battle, Jared might not have been the greatests qb in the mlc, but how many qbs in the mlc have 70 tackles as a defensive back and play the whole game? not many they mostly all play just offense. You need to give credit where credit is due. Not many qbs play 3 positions and do well on them all. Hes a tough kid and plays with all of his heart because he loves the game, and maybe not a qb with the skill level of the other two, but they dont have his skill level at his other positions either. His kicking was another good thing for him. I am proud of him and he will go on to get a good college education and do the thing he loves most and that is play football and come back to coach somewhere around here some day. Remember the name he will be back as a great coach. Love to all :D

Hes been on a few visits already and had several calls, he hasnt decided anything as of yet. We went to UVA a few times and going back this weekend, been to Western North Carolina, nice town, nice stadium, very nice school, very windy roads back in there tho, got lost a few times. I know you dont mean anything by it, its just sometimes i get aggravated because some people like to pick at me and dont realize I am the boy's mother and talk to me like I am a man and supposed to know exactly everything they are talking about and they talk down at me and they take what I say to mean things that they dont. I dont think anything about between the lines or anything like that I just say what I think right off the top of my head when I respond sometimes. I just support my boys, all of them and just like you guys , I get aggravated when some one talks them down. Thats all. To mr battle, Jared might not have been the greatests qb in the mlc, but how many qbs in the mlc have 70 tackles as a defensive back and play the whole game? not many they mostly all play just offense. You need to give credit where credit is due. Not many qbs play 3 positions and do well on them all. Hes a tough kid and plays with all of his heart because he loves the game, and maybe not a qb with the skill level of the other two, but they dont have his skill level at his other positions either. His kicking was another good thing for him. I am proud of him and he will go on to get a good college education and do the thing he loves most and that is play football and come back to coach somewhere around here some day. Remember the name he will be back as a great coach. Love to all :thumb:

I only have two things to say...

1) Get over yourself and grow up...

2) The only reason other QB's dont log 70 tackles on defense is because they're not aloud to Play Defense......

hey I was not being negative, I was replying to your posing comment. He was stuck in the qb position. He was always a running back until Danny Thomas left and went to t high. He is an all around player. And I just popped in to see why the Thigh and Mo Town game was set at Carson newman and saw this post and you guys were talking bout my youngun and I have the right to make a comment back if I want to. And he did pretty good at qb, and I am a mom I dont worry about my eye for talent. So please dont make negative comments back at me. Yes several colleges are looking at him, UVA Wise, Emory and Henry, Carson Newman, Western North Carolina, Eastern Kentucky, Cumberland and a few others I dont have all of his letters in front of me. But yeah hes gotten decent coverage and notice.I was being flip in my post back not negative, i wish they had a laughing smiley that made noises and stuck out its tounge Glee. I wasnt being rude to you just commenting back. Heck I have been watching basketball scrimmages lately .

Western Carolina...

:D

After ASU got done with them on Sat... They need all the help they can get

My initial thoughts on top honors. O and D lineups to follow.

Player of the Year: Atwood, JC

Coach of the Year: Cooper, UC

Offensive Player of the Year: Phillips, SS

Defensive Player of the Year: Bible, THS

Athlete of the Year: J. Kitzmiller, SS

Now to finish. In my lineup no one gets more than one spot.

Offense

WR - Ringley, SS

WR - Prudhomme, JC

TE - Rice, UC

QB - Smith, Eliz

RB/QB - Thomas, THS

RB - Todt, SE

OL - Cooke, SN

OL - Crowder, SC

OL - Bishop, Eliz

OL - Fogleman, THS

OL - Dykes, SS

Defense

DE - Pearson, SS

DE - Collier, SS

DT - Humphry, JC

DT - Winchell, SC

LB - Wingfield, SS

LB - Fleenor, THS

LB - King, SN

DB - Hyder, Eliz

DB - Acton, SN

DB - Sandidge, SS

DB - Ollis, UC

Overall a good year for the MLC. Some great storylines - repeat champions in SS, JC continuing their resurgence, UC in the playoffs, Stubbs doing a great job of adapting to the O talent at THS, mid-season coaching change at SC, SN improved, and much drama in Elizabethton.

Congratulations to all the players, coaches, and fans. Just think, only 6 months until the start of Spring Practice.

In my lineup no one gets more than one spot.

Congratulations to all the players, coaches, and fans. Just think, only 6 months until the start of Spring Practice.

In thier picks last year, no one held more than one spot (to the best of my fading memory). AND, next year's winners are in the weight room now. :D

Another set of good picks.........

From an outsider who saw some 4A ball :huh:

Atwood, Johnson County / Player of the Year - great play on both sides of the ball

Phillips, Sullivan South / Offensive Player of the Year - best offensive threat

Dykes, Sullivan South / Defensive Player of the Year - best defensive threat

Smith, Elizabethton / Athlete of the Year - for his work on both sides of the ball

SH should hire Rider from Volunteer :angry: