Interesting State Finals Facts....

chxian

In D2, going into the final game, St. Agnes has scored 120 goals this season and given up only two which ties a state record. They played BGA in the pre-season, winning 1-0.

In A/AA, neither team has lost to another A/AA school this season. USJ's only loss was to a D2 team.

In AAA, Bearden's 3 losses all game to the same team, Farragut.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Bearden and CAK won titles for the boys in the spring. If they both win on Saturday, two schools will have 4 of the 6 soccer throphies for 2006.

Collierville played both St Agnes and BGA during the seaon losing to both by 1 goal. They do have the honor of having 1 of the 2 goals against SAA.

For Bearden to win the title they will have to go thru 1, 2, and 3 in AAA.

In D2, going into the final game, St. Agnes has scored 120 goals this season and given up only two which ties a state record. They played BGA in the pre-season, winning 1-0.

In A/AA, neither team has lost to another A/AA school this season. USJ's only loss was to a D2 team.

In AAA, Bearden's 3 losses all game to the same team, Farragut.

F Y I - SAA has played 27 games since preseason and scored 138 goals to 2. Eurosports does not have the complete season posted.

F Y I - SAA has played 27 games since preseason and scored 138 goals to 2. Eurosports does not have the complete season posted.

St Agnas played a weak schedule overall. If Brentwood, Bearden, Hendersonville, Franklin, Brentwood Academy, Notre Dame, Baylor and a host of other teams played St. Ag's schedule, they could have done the exact same thing. St Ag beat Collerville 1-0. so what, Franklin beat Collerville 4-0. SA beat Franklin 4-0 on there first game of the day and Franklin's second game and Franklin missing 4 starters. SAA beat BGA 1-0 in preseason, and Franklin beat BGA 1-0 in regular season. Baylor or Brentwood Academy would have done the exact same thing if playing the same schedule. Look at Baylors schedule and say it wasnt toughter. SAA should have scheduled someone besides cream puffs. And DII soccer doesnt mean much. You only have a handfull of teams that are forced into there own bracket (unfairly so i might add), but nonetheless, the same teams will make state every year, due to the small number of teams period. The same DII teams can make state every year even with Mediocre teams. Even A/AA has different teams each year making runs, which makes it fun for them. In DII, the same few teams. Winning a state championship in a division that only has a couple dozen schools statewide isnt much to brag about or playing those schools and bragging about not giving up goals all year. A lot of schools would have done the exact same thing if they had played the overall weak schedule SAA played.

Yes, SAA is a strong team, but they played on overall weak schedule. No matter what you say, that point cant be defended because you can look at the schedule and see they only played a few ranked teams and weak teams all the rest. Sorry, but im not impressed with the record or going winning state in the small and generally weak DII division.

Both Bearden and CAK won titles for the boys in the spring. If they both win on Saturday, two schools will have 4 of the 6 soccer throphies for 2006.

Collierville played both St Agnes and BGA during the seaon losing to both by 1 goal. They do have the honor of having 1 of the 2 goals against SAA.

For Bearden to win the title they will have to go thru 1, 2, and 3 in AAA.

Bearden has made an impressive run. They had to beat the best in order to get there.

I wouldn't call any of these last six teams weak or AAA, A/AA, or DII for that matter. Every year a there are strong teams in each of these divisions. At this point it doesn't matter who beat who over the season, a few teams are just looking for one more win. Only 3 teams will be called state champions and no matter what anybody says on here, no one will ever be able to take that away from them.

So are there any other interesting facts about these finals, semis, or quarters? :blink:

I really did like hearing about the record for SAA. ;) Good luck!

What's the record for most games going to overtime or games decided by PKs? Are any of these teams making their first trip to the finals?

St Agnas played a weak schedule overall. If Brentwood, Bearden, Hendersonville, Franklin, Brentwood Academy, Notre Dame, Baylor and a host of other teams played St. Ag's schedule, they could have done the exact same thing. St Ag beat Collerville 1-0. so what, Franklin beat Collerville 4-0. SA beat Franklin 4-0 on there first game of the day and Franklin's second game and Franklin missing 4 starters. SAA beat BGA 1-0 in preseason, and Franklin beat BGA 1-0 in regular season. Baylor or Brentwood Academy would have done the exact same thing if playing the same schedule. Look at Baylors schedule and say it wasnt toughter. SAA should have scheduled someone besides cream puffs. And DII soccer doesnt mean much. You only have a handfull of teams that are forced into there own bracket (unfairly so i might add), but nonetheless, the same teams will make state every year, due to the small number of teams period. The same DII teams can make state every year even with Mediocre teams. Even A/AA has different teams each year making runs, which makes it fun for them. In DII, the same few teams. Winning a state championship in a division that only has a couple dozen schools statewide isnt much to brag about or playing those schools and bragging about not giving up goals all year. A lot of schools would have done the exact same thing if they had played the overall weak schedule SAA played.

I think when you get down to the last 8 or so teams in any division the quality of the teams equals out. It doesn't matter how many teams overall play in that sense.

D II teams have to deal with the way things are set up by TSSAA. The split bought on a sharing of the wealth in terms of the number of state champions and lead to weaker regular season games for those in every division, not just D II. I think it is pretty impressive for any team to get to state in any division and it isn't exactly fair to demean the value of the championship for anyone.

Yes, SAA is a strong team, but they played on overall weak schedule. No matter what you say, that point cant be defended because you can look at the schedule and see they only played a few ranked teams and weak teams all the rest. Sorry, but im not impressed with the record or going winning state in the small and generally weak DII division.

I don't think anyone thinks SAA played the strongest schedule, but get off the "weak" kick. If your team was in the finals you wouldn't even be commenting on DII. For someone who likes to spend a lot of time on CoachT to say that DII is made up of "Mediocre teams" is needs to change their name to soccerDUD.

DII teams have played to others and check the stats. As stated before "1-0 is a W". Why does it matter if SAA won by 1-0 against the ranked teams, they WOW. The weak schedule just doen't give them the challenges to be stronger and win 2-0. The schedule may be on the weak end of the scale, but the team is strong and your DII anger needs some management.

Hey guys, I can appreciate your passion but can we keep the level of civility high on this board? Thanks.