Lake Co. @ Trinity

gatorfan4life

Hello bigwes, I have an officiating question for you. I have been to the game between FA and LC the last two years at FA and the referee on our side of the field paid a lot of attention to the sidelines and where everyone was standing. There was a different referee on our sideline last year and it was the same situation. I even noticed that this year that the guys carrying the sticks were backed up off the sideline about a yard. I don't recall seeing this anywhere else that I have been to a game. Usually the sticks are right on the line. And last years ref as well as this years ref watched the players on the sideline like a prison guard watching inmates at the fence. This year we even got penalized for the coach being a couple of steps on the field trying to call a timeout. What does the rulebook say about that. Are they doing it right and everyone else is doing it wrong or vice versa. I mean these crews at the FA game are downright territorial. Just curious about that. If bigwes doesn't read this or if anyone else could enlighten me please feel free to do so.

spellerone,

The NFHS added the rule this year that the chains should be set six feet from the sideline at fields where there was room to do so. The rationale was that it gives a little more room on the sideline for plays that come that way and helps overall safety of players, coaches and officials. The only downside is that when moving the chains back, the possibility for them being incorrectly placed is higher, and therefore, we have had more stoppages for measurements this year.

As for the penalty for the coach being on the field trying to call timeout, that's a very, very, ticky-tack call. Bottom line, that's a call that should never be made. Going straight by the book, the first time a coach is out of the team box, it should be a sideline warning. Second offense, 5 yards. Third and subsequent offenses, 15 yards. But most good officials will never call this unless the coach or other sideline personnel is interfering with either the game or with the official doing his job.

I don't know where the crew was from for the FA game; you always have "neutral" crews calling playoff games. I'm assuming that the Jackson association covers their games normally, and LC is covered by Northwest, so those officials were probably from Memphis. And those guys are notoriously bad. I'd say there's a good chance the LC-Trinity game will have Memphis officials as well.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to Fayette Academy was that they run into a better football team. The Bruceton-LC game was a fluke. You say that TCA is to disciplined for the falconsbut Fayette ACademy was also very disciplined. Everyone is doubting the falcons again this week and that's the way we like it.The falcons will pull off another so-called upset this week.

Lets NOT go there. Wins are no flukes. Bruceton won - GET OVER IT!!!!!! You guys

I guess Union City and Mckenzie beating were "flukes" as well. Bruceton beat Union City as well. You guys were the 4th place team in the region. BOTTOM LINE!!! Deal with it!!! Bruceton didnt get the job done against TCA whick looked to me to be a pretty good football team. JCS barely beat Trinity and JCS blew out Union City so obviously TCA has a quality team. A team that is over-rated. You guys obviously put together a good game and beat a solid team. Congrats to your players and coaches. That was a BIG win. But, you need to watch your mouth with these "fluke" statements. I am pulling for Lake County.... I want Region 7A to get it done. But, lay off the fluke comments. If thats the case, the you guys beating Fayette could be a fluke. I didnt say that but thats seems to be the game you NOT the team and coaches like to play. I hope your players dont read and buy into the fluke crud you put on here. Kids strap it up!!!

Lets NOT go there. Wins are no flukes. Bruceton won - GET OVER IT!!!!!! You guys

I guess Union City and Mckenzie beating were "flukes" as well. Bruceton beat Union City as well. You guys were the 4th place team in the region. BOTTOM LINE!!! Deal with it!!! Bruceton didnt get the job done against TCA whick looked to me to be a pretty good football team. JCS barely beat Trinity and JCS blew out Union City so obviously TCA has a quality team. A team that is over-rated. You guys obviously put together a good game and beat a solid team. Congrats to your players and coaches. That was a BIG win. But, you need to watch your mouth with these "fluke" statements. I am pulling for Lake County.... I want Region 7A to get it done. But, lay off the fluke comments. If thats the case, the you guys beating Fayette could be a fluke. I didnt say that but thats seems to be the game you NOT the team and coaches like to play. I hope your players dont read and buy into the fluke crud you put on here. Kids strap it up!!!

In noway did I mean that Bruceton did not deserve to win that game. What I meant by my statement was that LC did not play well at all in that game. You do not need to tell me to watch my mouth.In this country we are entitled freedom of speech.My opinion is that LC is the better football team.I was hoping that both Bruceton and LC won their first round games.I to pull for all of 7-a teams except when they play LC. Bruceton had a very good year and I expect them to be even better next year. I am sure that TCA has a very solid football team and it will take the falcons best effort to get the job done.

In noway did I mean that Bruceton did not deserve to win that game. What I meant by my statement was that LC did not play well at all in that game. You do not need to tell me to watch my mouth.In this country we are entitled freedom of speech.My opinion is that LC is the better football team.I was hoping that both Bruceton and LC won their first round games.I to pull for all of 7-a teams except when they play LC. Bruceton had a very good year and I expect them to be even better next year. I am sure that TCA has a very solid football team and it will take the falcons best effort to get the job done.

:thumb: YEAH WHAT HE SAID :angry:

What happened to Fayette Academy was that they run into a better football team. The Bruceton-LC game was a fluke. You say that TCA is to disciplined for the falconsbut Fayette ACademy was also very disciplined. Everyone is doubting the falcons again this week and that's the way we like it.The falcons will pull off another so-called upset this week.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned that Fayette's best player tore his hamstring on the first possession of the game. I wonder what would have happened in the Trinity game had Fayette played without #20 the whole way. I believe he ran for almost 200 yards against TCA so I can tell you what would have happened.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned that Fayette's best player tore his hamstring on the first possession of the game. I wonder what would have happened in the Trinity game had Fayette played without #20 the whole way. I believe he ran for almost 200 yards against TCA so I can tell you what would have happened.

You're probably right...with those same officials that called about 3 touchdowns back..You may be right..But..Lake Co had the ball the whole 3rd quarter except for about a minute..So..he wouldn't have even touched the ball in the 3rd quarter..And in the 4th quarter..Lake Co had the ball for over half the quarter as well...So..my thinking is..If your defense couldn't stop Lake Co..which they couldn't..Fayette wouln't have even had the ball....By the way...My name is Bigster..And I approved this message!

I read in the Commercial Appeal that Fayette would win this game because of having the best defense in West Tenn..They never mentioned how Lake Co could win..At least the Jackson Sun has why Lake Co will win..And why Fayette will win...As for that great defense..Lake Co ran roughshod over them!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

TO DAVID BARGER & THE LAKE COUNTY FALCONS

JOB WELL DONE!!!! :D

Edited by Bill#49

spellerone,

The NFHS added the rule this year that the chains should be set six feet from the sideline at fields where there was room to do so. The rationale was that it gives a little more room on the sideline for plays that come that way and helps overall safety of players, coaches and officials. The only downside is that when moving the chains back, the possibility for them being incorrectly placed is higher, and therefore, we have had more stoppages for measurements this year.

As for the penalty for the coach being on the field trying to call timeout, that's a very, very, ticky-tack call. Bottom line, that's a call that should never be made. Going straight by the book, the first time a coach is out of the team box, it should be a sideline warning. Second offense, 5 yards. Third and subsequent offenses, 15 yards. But most good officials will never call this unless the coach or other sideline personnel is interfering with either the game or with the official doing his job.

I don't know where the crew was from for the FA game; you always have "neutral" crews calling playoff games. I'm assuming that the Jackson association covers their games normally, and LC is covered by Northwest, so those officials were probably from Memphis. And those guys are notoriously bad. I'd say there's a good chance the LC-Trinity game will have Memphis officials as well.

Thanks for the info, bigwes. You DO know your stuff!

Hello bigwes, I have an officiating question for you. I have been to the game between FA and LC the last two years at FA and the referee on our side of the field paid a lot of attention to the sidelines and where everyone was standing. There was a different referee on our sideline last year and it was the same situation. I even noticed that this year that the guys carrying the sticks were backed up off the sideline about a yard. I don't recall seeing this anywhere else that I have been to a game. Usually the sticks are right on the line. And last years ref as well as this years ref watched the players on the sideline like a prison guard watching inmates at the fence. This year we even got penalized for the coach being a couple of steps on the field trying to call a timeout. What does the rulebook say about that. Are they doing it right and everyone else is doing it wrong or vice versa. I mean these crews at the FA game are downright territorial. Just curious about that. If bigwes doesn't read this or if anyone else could enlighten me please feel free to do so.

I can't say anything about the LJ watching the players. I can tell you that due to a new rule this year, the chain is supposed to be backed of the line. There is a set distance, but you have to be flexiable on the amount based on the side line room. All officials are supposed to be backing the chains off after it is clipped. I do not like the new rule, but it is a rule. You will see it enforced even more next year.