Henry County vs Melrose

Prophet,

That was an excellent analysis. You made some great points... There's just one huge, fatal flaw with your entire thesis: Melrose's offense did not open up "as of late." It just opened up LAST WEEK, vs Hardin County!

I've seen Melrose play a number of times this year. Make no mistake about it, their offense was clearly a run-first pass-2nd offense. I know. I saw it with my own 2 eyes. It was only last week that there was a NOTICEABLE (and later publicized, though Melrose never did say exactly what that change was...) change in Melrose's offensive philosophy: Melrose employed a definite pass-first, run-2nd strategy!

The result: an offensive explosion!

Prophet, I'm gonna stop short of saying that Melrose will "explode" vs Henry County. I have no idea. I will tell you this though: Expect to see Melrose pass the ball practically 70% of the time!

Henry County fans...ya'll drive safely, tomorrow. Have fun @ the game. I suspect it's gonna' be one heckuva' football game!

I am at a loss here, I remember a Melrose team last year that lost a state title game because they were trying to pass when they had Cooper. Passing a lot can cause a lot of 3 and outs. Passing teams are not made over night, it takes work to be efficient at it. #13 may well get some big catches in the game but that over the top stuff is not a real high percentage passing attack. East tried it the other night for like 12-31 for a bunch of yards but only 16 points and two big picks. Hardin county has had a defense that would resemble a screen door holing out water against any kind of good offense. Like I said, we scored 45 agains them in 3 quarters, more against them than anyone else.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhhh, RhsPlaya55

I must say--I'm very disappointed that you (a fellow Memphian) would not root for a fellow Memphis team (Melrose) to make the quarters. :thumb:

Could you not just say, "good luck, Henry County?" :thumb:

i wish both teams luck...i really could care less who wins this one...im just a bit worried about the game at halle this weekend.

Man good post! You must have film of Melrose at your house to know all of that.

I do agree, We can win and we will!!!!!!!! :unsure:

Melrose you better be ready!!

The BIG RED Caravan is coming and we will leave with smiles on our faces.

HC 28 Melrose 13

:lol:

Film at my house? Much to my surprise, I opened my door to find a box on my stoop with a note that said, "Best wishes from the Munford Coaching Staff."

Thanks to all of the Melrose fans wishing us safe travel. I hope for that as well as no injuries to any of the players. I also hope to leave with a big smile on my face. It's going to be a tough one.

Oooooohhhhh Yeeeaaaaahh!!! Its Football Friday at last, Round 2! What a great day for some football!! :thumb:

Let's go Big Red! Tonight is your night! Its your night to break out and make this Henry County's year!!! This is your chance, THIS is your chance - THIS IS YOUR CHANCE!!! Give it 110% of your BEST effort and you will NOT be denied!! Keep the faith in your teammates STRONG, you are all winners!!! Teams win championships, and the Big Red TEAM is rolling on down to the mound to make a showing! So get out your Red attire, your Big Red Bells, Horns, and whatever else and lets make some noise that Orange Mounders will NEVER forget!!!

Let's Get it ON!!!

If you guys can get past Melrose, you might just be able to sit over at Fat Daddy's or Budweiser beach with a cold one next summer and be talking about a repeat for the '07 season. I think your team has the talent to go all of the way. Good luck.

Dang, I just remembered, the TWRA shut down Budweiser Beach. I guess Fat Daddy's it is or maybe Matt's Pub on 218.

If you guys can get past Melrose, you might just be able to sit over at Fat Daddy's or Budweiser beach with a cold one next summer and be talking about a repeat for the '07 season. I think your team has the talent to go all of the way. Good luck.

Dang, I just remembered, the TWRA shut down Budweiser Beach. I guess Fat Daddy's it is or maybe Matt's Pub on 218.

Thanks for the vote of confidence formerCoach81! I feel the same way, even though I am somewhat biased. But never fear, even though Budweiser Beach is supposedly closed, there are plenty of beaches or party barges to sit back and reflect on the year!!!

twc all the recievers are juniors. LETS ROLL GOLDEN WILDCATS!!!

Hold up OMN! ... Juniors! ... All of them? ... JUNIORS! ... Man, I was thinking Stone, Holloway, and Kizer were all seniors! ... Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnngggg!

OMN, if you read this before the game, hit me in my email. I got something I want to ask, but I don't want to ask in CoachT for all eyes to see.

kwc_tn_2002@yahoo.com

peace!

HC Patriots my thought for you today

Don't ever feel threatened by the future, take life one minute at a time.

Don't ever feel guilty about the past, what's done is done.

Learn from any mistakes you've made and advance from there.

Don't ever feel that you're alone, God is always with you.

Don't ever forget that you can achieve so many of the things you've only imagined.

It's not as hard as it seems.

Don't ever stop dreaming your dreams.

You don't always get a second chance in life, but tonight is your second chance to make your dreams come true. Don't waste a second of it tonight! Play so that tomorrow you have no regrets. God be with you all!

A drink for the winner! A toast for the loser!