Alcoa vs. CAK

Tornadofan15

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa will win easily, 56-3. No TDs for CAK in this game. CAK simply is not getting it done against QUALITY teams this year on the offensive side of the ball. In games they have won their opponents are a combined 22 wins and 45 losses (8 teams averaging less than 3 wins for the season). More importantly they have beaten only one team with a winning record (Sweetwater, Rockford is a poor .500 team, not a winning record). Their defense is good enough to keep them in games against lesser opponents, however in games against a good caliber team the lack of offensive power has cost them as their defense hasn't been able to contain the opponents offense enough to stay in the game. CAK tends to give up big plays in these games.

CAK cannot run the ball against Alcoa, therefore they are relying heavily on their quarterback play in throwing the ball, a very difficult thing to do against a defensive line-up like Alcoa. In the first meeting Alcoa dominated in all areas of the game. The only thing CAK's offense did was turn the ball over and they failed to get a first down until late in the first half. QB Cates was intimidated and couldn't do a thing on offense. I believe he left with an injury after we pounded him. He may have some "pretty looking" numbers over the course of the season, but not against good or better teams. Also only 13 TD's but 11 INT's? He is not the running QB he has been touted as either, he hasn't even rushed for 100 yards this season. I was at the CAK Sweetwater game watching my nephew and QB play almost gave the game away with very costly INT's. His abilities in the pocket are limited and if CAK cannot run against Alcoa and they wish to sling the ball around it just won't happen against a good team with quality defensive play. Mediocre QB play will not get it done this week against Alcoa. CAK's cornerback play on defense is very weak and Alcoa exposed this early in the game as well with big plays down field. Alcoa's offense will overwhelm CAK's defense, both on the ground and in the air.

Simply put, CAK has put together a nice 8-3 season thus far but their wins are against very poor teams. To see how they will fare at this point in the year (where almost all those poor teams are home and getting out their basketball gear) all you have to do is look at the past season play and predicting this game is easy. The biggest question is whether CAK will ever get the ball into the end-zone. I'll give them 3 points because they do have a good kicker.

Finally, I don't wish to slam the Warriors. What I said above is simply the facts as they exist. CAK is a good football program, great if you look at how long they have been in the game. I do think CAK could have been 9-1 coming into this week but you're still learning what it takes for a smaller school to compete against bigger schools in 2A. Learn from Alcoa! DEPTH is key. There are too many good players sitting on the bench over there at CAK. You can't expect one person to carry your team. This isn't Pop Warner football, this is Tennessee high school football and it takes a whole team. CAK needs to play all the players they can and develop them to add depth to compete. Too many Warriors play both ways for much of the game and this kills you against quality teams. You're not too far from 9-1. Of concern for CAK's future is who will replace Coach Young next year? You need a strong coach who knows the game and his players (here Bill Young is among the best) but will the new guy do the same or will he let parents dictate the future of the program. Being a small school you need every player you can get and must get them developed and experienced to add to your depth.

Best of luck to the Warriors and congratulations on a good year. Unfortunately for you I think this will be your last week of football for this season.