crockett county vs Covington: Round Two

brink37

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of fun if you were a charger fan! I think this game ranks with the win over Greenbrier a few years back. CC fans really were supporting their team. Hard fought game with both teams pulling out all the stops. Good weather until the drive home. CC really missed Perry plugging the middle LB spot last night. That seemed the difference to me. Good luck next week at D-Burg!

That was great if your a real charger fan!! Look I usually dont say much on this thing and I have been visiting this site for the last couple of years, I just like to read post. But you cant really call yourself a charger fan because a couple of post earlier you talked about how Crockett was too much and they would win by twelve and so forth. I have got friends that are live in covington and are truely covington fans, this just goes to show what they have been tell me all year is true that there has been no support for their chargers this year just band wangon fans that will give the chargers all the praise in the world when they win but when they lose some fans wouldnt even associate themselves with the program. And this i just dont get, covington has been in the playoffs every year since 97 winning close to eight or nine consecutive region titles. Also they kept this winning tradition up through 3 head coaching changes that had to be made because of the coaches seeking other things that where more benefical to them and their families. And there is some teams in the region as well as west tn would die to have this success. And nobody gave them a shot to beat Crockett Co. the only people that believed they could do it was the coaches and players. Covington fans need to wake up and stop being so ungrateful, support your team from week one not just when they get a big win. But Im sure the band wagon will be over flowing all the way north on 51 to dyersburg!!!

Congrats to the Covington Chargers coaches and players!! Good luck against Dyersburg

I am willing to accept your comments, but for the record I have not missed but 4 charger games since 1976. The 80's were a tough time for Charger football winning only 40 games during the decade. It was not until 97 that the current succes we now enjoy began. And yes, the Charger support has been down this year. I think that sometimes we get spoiled by success. With that out of the way, I still say that CC had one of the best teams that has come through this Region in a long time. Sorry I offended you.

I've been reading all this stuff all season. It's pretty obvious when you read it, who wore black socks to p.e.. Being a Charger Fan was really fun Friday night. Notice I said fan not a coach Lighting Bolt or Charger Dad for goodness sake enjoy the game and quitt coaching. Coach Murpree and his staff won't be at your job so quit trying to do theirs! After reading all the post last week, and watching Crockett warm up it was pretty obvious that they waiting on Dyersburg insted of the Chargers. We were more phyiscal, and simply more ready to play. However it was amuzing to see the team that got a sportsmanship award kinda lose it. It easy to show good sportsmanship when you win, but different when you lose. I want embarrass myself by predicting a score, because last week ya'll were'nt even close. I'm charger fan in the rain and mud as well as when it's fair weather.

After reading all the post last week, and watching Crockett warm up it was pretty obvious that they waiting on Dyersburg insted of the Chargers. We were more phyiscal, and simply more ready to play. However it was amuzing to see the team that got a sportsmanship award kinda lose it. It easy to show good sportsmanship when you win, but different when you lose.

Not to take anything away from the Chargers, but the Cavaliers had a lot to complain about with the lack of calls (holding, facemask, etc.) by the refs. Not to mention the 4th and goal touchdown that did not reach the endzone. As I said before, nothing against the Chargers. They came ready to play and jumping out to a 20 point lead makes it difficult on any opponent. I just think the lack of calls may have made a diffrence in this game.

Best of luck to Region 7 in the weeks to come.

Edited by Trestor

Not to take anything away from the Chargers, but the Cavaliers had a lot to complain about with the lack of calls (holding, facemask, etc.) by the refs. Not to mention the 4th and goal touchdown that did not reach the endzone. As I said before, nothing against the Chargers. They came ready to play and jumping out to a 20 point lead makes it difficult on any opponent. I just think the lack of calls may have made a diffrence in this game.

Best of luck to Region 7 in the weeks to come.

YOUR THE FAN THAT EVERYONE WAS WAITING ON TAKE THE LOSE AND GET OVER IT NO REF. IN ANY GAME CARES WHO WINS THE GAME THEY ARE THERE TO DO A JOB AND WHETHER YOUR TEAM WINS OR LOSES THEY COULD CARE LESS THEY GET PAID EITHER WAY. BY THE WAY IF CC HAD WON YOU WOULD NEVER SAY A WORD ABOUT THE REFS. WOULD YA.

YOUR THE FAN THAT EVERYONE WAS WAITING ON TAKE THE LOSE AND GET OVER IT NO REF. IN ANY GAME CARES WHO WINS THE GAME THEY ARE THERE TO DO A JOB AND WHETHER YOUR TEAM WINS OR LOSES THEY COULD CARE LESS THEY GET PAID EITHER WAY. BY THE WAY IF CC HAD WON YOU WOULD NEVER SAY A WORD ABOUT THE REFS. WOULD YA.

Amen,

Never seen a crew cause a quick 20. have seen players, coaches and fans start to look for everything when down by 20 in a game they expect to win. Sometimes you get beat by a better team that day. The stats said the penalties were 7 to 9 sounds like a even game. This from someone with no horse in the race

Go back and read the post I quoted...

Just responding to why the staff and players were upset... I'll say it for a third time: the Chargers out played the Cavs and you can't take ANYTHING away from them. Heck, I'm pulling for them to take the trophy home from Murfreesboro.

I didn't say that the refs spotted the Chargers 20 points or that they were trying to stick it to the Cavs... I was only pointing out missed calls at the end of the game that turned out to be huge.

I didn't get a chance to go to the game, but I did listen to it on the radio, and I watched it on replay Monday night. I did see some questionable calls both ways. The touchdown looked good on film, the onside kick was recovered by Covington (No question about that one). There was one late hit out of bounds on both teams that was not called. The QB from CC was past the line once on a pass that was not called. All in all I thought that the refs did a good job, not one sided at all. CC did not have the game that they had last time, I think that is because the game plan from Covington's coaches was the best they have ever had with this staff. Most of the time we come out and run the same 3 to 4 plays out of the wing T. This time the didn't. I think the Covington fans were as suprised as CC's football team. Keep up good work Covington! :(

I didn't get a chance to go to the game, but I did listen to it on the radio, and I watched it on replay Monday night. I did see some questionable calls both ways. The touchdown looked good on film, the onside kick was recovered by Covington (No question about that one). There was one late hit out of bounds on both teams that was not called. The QB from CC was past the line once on a pass that was not called. All in all I thought that the refs did a good job, not one sided at all. CC did not have the game that they had last time, I think that is because the game plan from Covington's coaches was the best they have ever had with this staff. Most of the time we come out and run the same 3 to 4 plays out of the wing T. This time the didn't. I think the Covington fans were as suprised as CC's football team. Keep up good work Covington! :thumb:

IF THE REF'S DONE SUCH A GOOD JOB, WHY ARE THEY SUSPENDED NOW????