WESTVIEW @ HUMBOLT

view2007

Westivew finally showed some good offense last night against a very big carver team-the views defense was outstanding as usual and the quaterback played a great game being smart with the ball and making good plays. If they play like they did last night and their defense can hold humbolts great running game i see it to be a very good game. I say WESTVIEW BY 7! LOOKING FORWARD TO A BIG CROWD AND A GREAT GAME!

GET UP VIEW!!!!!! ;)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westview is a hard-hitting team that would be extremely dangerous if they had the feature back they are famous for. However, this region's feature back is Adrian Donald, who should have another 150+ game for the Vikings. I just don't see how Westview will score any points.

By the way - for those who don't know - VERY controversial call gave Westview a huge momentum lift down in Carver. Officials ruled that the FB from Carver pushed the QB into the end zone. My sources say the call was bogus, but it kept Carver from taking a 14-7 or 12-7 lead going into halftime.

Westview is a hard-hitting team that would be extremely dangerous if they had the feature back they are famous for. However, this region's feature back is Adrian Donald, who should have another 150+ game for the Vikings. I just don't see how Westview will score any points.

By the way - for those who don't know - VERY controversial call gave Westview a huge momentum lift down in Carver. Officials ruled that the FB from Carver pushed the QB into the end zone. My sources say the call was bogus, but it kept Carver from taking a 14-7 or 12-7 lead going into halftime.

No different than the bogus call that gave Humboldt a td against Westview in their first meeting. Regardless, that's over. Westview wins by 10.

No different than the bogus call that gave Humboldt a td against Westview in their first meeting. Regardless, that's over. Westview wins by 10.

Yeh, QB from Humboldt was down but Humboldt still won that game 12-7 legitimately...Expect Humboldt to spread the ball around like they did against Huntingdon to utilize their speed and size at the receiver position

Yeh, QB from Humboldt was down but Humboldt still won that game 12-7 legitimately...Expect Humboldt to spread the ball around like they did against Huntingdon to utilize their speed and size at the receiver position

This should be a very good game. In the first game, Humboldt's first touchdown came on a very short field after a rare mishandled snap by the punter. Second touchdown was a questionable call. Second and third touchdowns were both scored with Westview's starting free safety, Harrison Moore, out of the game. Westivew had several opportunities to score and botched them.

Also, just heard that Don Coady was awarded West TN Coach of the Year and that Westview also received the West TN Team Sportsmanship award. Not bad for a team picked to not make the playoffs with a bunch of no-name players and being 2nd round deep in the playoffs. Congratuations to Coach Cody and the Westview Chargers.

Edited by Cottontop

alright...to go along with the player's knee down...yea it might have been but westview fumbled the ball twice, once in our territory and the other was in their territory...but the ref said that their knee was down before he fumbled the ball...one of them was obvious that his knee wasn't down and the other i saw it on tv...westview's only score came off of a blocked punt...the rest of the time that they were in the endzone they were just stopped completely by the defense...so they really didn't botch them...free safety wouldn't have done anything for the 3rd score...it was a fade route with man coverage while the free safety was playing up for run...so if harrison would've been in there then it wouldn't have changed anything...westview should've gained momentum off of the blocked punt in the 3rd quarter but never did...westview has number 47 back i noticed and he is a big key for them...so ill give ya that one since he didn't play last friday...but i still see the same outcome friday night....without a blocked punt of course...i say humboldt 28 westview 7....this game and the milan/peabody game are going to be huge...im expecting a big crowd from both teams!

Edited by frankieD12

if i recall,the saftey being out of the game was due to a concushion handed to him by humboldt...we also had a starting defensive lineman out the whole second half due to a concushion...can we stop stop playin the wat if games and talk about wats gonnna happen

I believe the lineman was the same one who tackled Moore and their heads hit together as they hit the ground. The hit itself was not that bad. Anyway, Humboldt is the region champ, has the superstar back, superstar receiver and is supposed to win aren't they? Everything else that has happened in any game up to this point doesn't matter one bit come Friday night. Good luck to both teams and I hope they both play well and are injury free.