Ridgeway v. Wooddale

rhsplaya55

rhsplaya55:

What schools are recruiting him? I would think all the area SEC schools would show interest, just because 6'-6" and 300 lbs. isn't found everyday. I know the scouts see him when they come to see Dasmine, Aaron, Josh, and Lagrone! How could you NOT see 6'-6", 300 lbs. of humanity plowing open holes for #32 and company?

I have been to 3 games this year. Whitehaven/Germantown, Whitehaven/White Station, and Melrose/Hardin County. I watched the Bridges K/O classic between Melrose/MUS on TV. I also drove past Whitehaven stadium and witnessed about a quarter of the B.T.W./Carver game. On one other occasion, I slipped by Whitehaven stadium and saw maybe 5 minutes of the Melrose/Hamilton game during the 4th quarter. That's it for this year. My Friday nights have been busy with other activities that took priority for one reason or another. This Friday, my 12 yr old has basketball practice and I was planning on not going to any of the games. But recently, I've changed my mind. I've made up my mind that I am going to drop him off at practice, since the coach doesn't need me to assist him this year, last year was a different story. Then I am going to take my other 3 sons and find my way to Park Avenue where I will saunter up to the fence and find me a spot with the other locals who watch the game through the fence. Then, at the appropriate time, I will gather my clan, make my way back to my car, and proceed to pick up my son from basketball practice. He, my 12 yr. old, will be upset with me when he discovers my plans, because he will want to go with me.

I'm afraid I won't see RHS play this Friday. Even though, THAT will be a VERY GOOD game, to say the least.

I have my thoughts on this game, I will post them later.

KDUB,

Man, now that is a night out on the town. You are my hero!!! With all this good football going on I wish I had a DirecTV season pass for High school football!!

This Ridgeway/Wooddale matchup is beautiful and as good of a second round matchup as anywhere in the state. What a great time of year!!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, they are correct...he is massive and he is actually quick for a guy that size...he was the best lineman on our team last year and is again this year.

KWC, what is your deal? You need to egt to an RHS game buddy...I know you're probably gonna be at the HC-Melrose game htis week sitting next to #77's mom haha, but get to the RHS game man.

rhsplayer, Just thing about KDUB and #77's mom at the game together has to be one of the funniest visions I have seen in a while. Man that's LOL funny!!

KWC,

Still waiting on that pick....

rhsplaya55:

I already gave my pick on this game back in the 7-5A vs 8-5A thread.

http://boards.coacht.com/index.php?showtopic=140180

I even gave a disclaimer with it. Having said that, I'll say this. Everybody and their momma knows who is going to get the ball the majority of the time when Ridgeway is on offense. I don't think Wooddale shuts down Ridgeway's offense completely. I do think the deffense slows them down enough to win. I think Woddale's defense is good enough to give the Ridgeway 'O' considerable fits, even with AC at full strength. Of course, AC will do damage ... he's too good to of a RB to completely shut down. I think the Wooddale 'D' does enough to get the Wooddale 'O' the ball. I think the Wooddale 'D' is a lot better then what people want to give them credit. By the same token, Wooddale's 'D' hasn't seen a RB this good all year. The defense has seen some pretty good ones though, Sanders at White Station is good. Germantown has some good backs. Whitehaven has a really good one in Curtis Marks. The Millington running game is solid as well. Neither of them are Crawford ... but then, Crawford doesn't have a passing game to compliment his tremendous running ability.

Wooddale on the other hand has Perry at QB who is a lethal weapon. They have a solid running game with two stellar WR's in Roderick Davis and Armstrong. Just like Wooddale hasn't seen a RB as good as Crawford, even though they have seen some good ones, well .... Ridgeway hasn't seen a WR as good as Davis, even though they have seen some good ones. Davis is an elite WR in the same class that Crawford is in at RB. Nobody that the Ridgeway DB's have faced this year will compare to him. Top that off with ANOTHER quality WR in Armstrong on the other side. To complement Perry, Davis, and Armstrong is the Wooddale RB, Terrence Moore. T. Moore had 18 carries for 162 yards against Millington. Wooddale had 221 yards of rushing offense in that game. I din't mention that to get into a stats debate or anything, but I do want te remind folks that Wooddale is balanced offensively with more weapons offensively then any team Ridgeway has faced this year, PERIOD. I know what some will say ... they will not have to have time to throw the ball. You don't need a lot of time to throw quick slants and fade routes. Couple that with a running game that is quite good. Play action will buy enough time after it is established that the RB is better then average.

I haven't changed my stance in this game one bit. I think Wooddale wins.

rhsplaya55:

I already gave my pick on this game back in the 7-5A vs 8-5A thread.

http://boards.coacht.com/index.php?showtopic=140180

I even gave a disclaimer with it. Having said that, I'll say this. Everybody and their momma knows who is going to get the ball the majority of the time when Ridgeway is on offense. I don't think Wooddale shuts down Ridgeway's offense completely. I do think the deffense slows them down enough to win. I think Woddale's defense is good enough to give the Ridgeway 'O' considerable fits, even with AC at full strength. Of course, AC will do damage ... he's too good to of a RB to completely shut down. I think the Wooddale 'D' does enough to get the Wooddale 'O' the ball. I think the Wooddale 'D' is a lot better then what people want to give them credit. By the same token, Wooddale's 'D' hasn't seen a RB this good all year. The defense has seen some pretty good ones though, Sanders at White Station is good. Germantown has some good backs. Whitehaven has a really good one in Curtis Marks. The Millington running game is solid as well. Neither of them are Crawford ... but then, Crawford doesn't have a passing game to compliment his tremendous running ability.

Wooddale on the other hand has Perry at QB who is a lethal weapon. They have a solid running game with two stellar WR's in Roderick Davis and Armstrong. Just like Wooddale hasn't seen a RB as good as Crawford, even though they have seen some good ones, well .... Ridgeway hasn't seen a WR as good as Davis, even though they have seen some good ones. Davis is an elite WR in the same class that Crawford is in at RB. Nobody that the Ridgeway DB's have faced this year will compare to him. Top that off with ANOTHER quality WR in Armstrong on the other side. To complement Perry, Davis, and Armstrong is the Wooddale RB, Terrence Moore. T. Moore had 18 carries for 162 yards against Millington. Wooddale had 221 yards of rushing offense in that game. I din't mention that to get into a stats debate or anything, but I do want te remind folks that Wooddale is balanced offensively with more weapons offensively then any team Ridgeway has faced this year, PERIOD. I know what some will say ... they will not have to have time to throw the ball. You don't need a lot of time to throw quick slants and fade routes. Couple that with a running game that is quite good. Play action will buy enough time after it is established that the RB is better then average.

I haven't changed my stance in this game one bit. I think Wooddale wins.

Kwc,

This game will be a classic battle of great defense (Ridgeway) vs great offense (Woodale). Defense usually prevails.

Ok, Kwc-- here's one LAST CHANCE to change your prediction.....what's it gonna be? :lol:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ridgeway wins. That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it! :thumb:

In the loss to Collierville did Wooddale rest the starters?If not what did Collierville do to win?

That game was played in absolutely horrible conditions: pouring rain, cold, very windy.... Thus, Woodale was forced to reign in its passing game, for the most part.

No, Woodale did not rest its starters.

Collierville did not do anything vs Woodale that was particularly noteworthy, except a few surprise, clutch passes along the way. They were able to run the ball effectively, however. Otherwise, nothing special. They did not need to--Woodale repeatedly shot itself in the foot, giving Collierville numerous short fields.

Collierville played a great game, overall, mounted one excellent 60+ yard drive and capitalized on repeated Woodale's miscues. These often occured deep in Woodale's territory and led directly to at least 2 Collierville scores (if my memory is working).

In my view, the weather more than anything else contributed to Woodale's loss to Collierville... Give Collierville credit, though. They took advantage of Woodale's mistakes. They EARNED their victory.

That game was played in absolutely horrible conditions: pouring rain, cold, very windy.... Thus, Woodale was forced to reign in its passing game, for the most part.

No, Woodale did not rest its starters.

Collierville did not do anything vs Woodale that was particularly noteworthy, except a few surprise, clutch passes along the way. They were able to run the ball effectively, however. Otherwise, nothing special. They did not need to--Woodale repeatedly shot itself in the foot, giving Collierville numerous short fields.

Collierville played a great game, overall, mounted one excellent 60+ yard drive and capitalized on repeated Woodale's miscues. These often occured deep in Woodale's territory and led directly to at least 2 Collierville scores (if my memory is working).

In my view, the weather more than anything else contributed to Woodale's loss to Collierville... Give Collierville credit, though. They took advantage of Woodale's mistakes. They EARNED their victory.

The game was on the radio and I listen to it on the way home from our game. The qb hit their star receiver in the hands on a 50 yard pass in the end zone at the end of the game that would have tied it up.

Nope, they didn't rest anyone because if Houston had won and W/dale lost they would have flip floped in the seeding. At least that is what the Houston people were saying the next day.