Trousdale County (7-4) @ Tenn. Temple (11-0)

oldtimeballer63

Gut Wrench Gary says that he did not see the Slick Ricky tonight, but Gut Wrench Gary did not go to the bathroom either. Slick Rick probably thought that Slick Rick's team was going to lose. Gut Wrench Gary thinks that the referees made a bad call when Blake ran that ball in for a TD and they called it back. Gut Wrench Gary feels that his Yellow Jackets had the better team and a much better gameplan compliments of Gut Wrench Gary.

Congradulations to Temple on the win. The fans got their money's worth tonight

I saw Slick Richard. He is a fat guy with a goatee running around on the track behind the Temple bench wearing a Crusader sweat shirt trying to look important

The referees worst calls were non-calls. Skogen had at least 2 push offs that should have been offensive pass interference and another that was close. The most flagrant one was on the TD pass. Made a huge difference in the game. I really didn't have favorite in the game but that is one thing that really stood out

Edited by zonepirate

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Slick Richard. He is a fat guy with a goatee running around on the track behind the Temple bench wearing a Crusader sweat shirt trying to look important

The referees worst calls were non-calls. Skogen had at least 2 push offs that should have been offensive pass interference and another that was close. The most flagrant one was on the TD pass. Made a huge difference in the game. I really didn't have favorite in the game but that is one thing that really stood out

Zone Man,

Gut Wrench Gary says what kind of surprise did Slick Rick leave? Gut Wrench Gary did not see a surprise. Gut Wrench Gary was over on the TC sideline though for most of the game.

Skogen is hands down the best player in tn 1a.... push-offs??? are you kidding? he didn't push off at all he just out jumped and out muscled TC for 2 huge receptions!! Little skogen isn't bad either....

Personally (and all the TC fans can cry about it after I say it) I thought temple did not play well....3 turnovers and 3 or 4 times deep in the red zone and could not get in....I think that Temple is better than the way they played and I hope they play the way they can next week...

sounds kinda like the Temple Trousdale game rkw38. Trousdale lead the whole game, and then we made some plays to come back and win it. Both games decided by 1 point.......wow. Sounds like all four of these teams are pretty evenly matched. I dont think any of them are unbeatable. Should be another very close game.

Go Crusaders. :blink:

Edited by jeswins

Slick Rick says Slick Rick's Crusaders proved again why they are the best team in the state. Slick Rick's Crusaders played bad early, but still had enough in the tank to finish the deal. Trousdale is lucky Slick Rick's Crusaders didn't beat them worse. Slick Rick went and had a pregame meal at Patrick's this afternoon. That meal was much better than the one from the Yellowjacket's Nest last week. Slick Rick tried to tell everyone what would happen, but people did not listen. Slick Rick would like for Lookout Valley to get better bathroom facilities. Slick Rick had to drop a duece in the bathroom while everyone was using the urinals. It was not fun sitting there trying to squeeze one out with people staring at Slick Rick. They need some stalls in that bathroom. The door wouldn't even lock so it was kind of embarrassing for Slick Rick, but nothing could be helped. At least Slick Rick didn't get it on the floor like at Trousdale last week. Slick Rick left his marks in the bathroom where the duece was dropped so hope everyone saw. Slick Rick hopes geno, gut wrench and zonepirate were at the game. Slick Rick left all of them a surprise! Slick Rick thinks it will be another tough game next week. Slick Rick is planning on taking off work a couple of days next week and go spy on Friendship's practice. Slick Rick will get a good look at what they are going to try and do to Slick Rick's Crusaders. Slick Rick says both Skogens had great games tonight, but so did Larson. He stepped up and made several nice runs to go along with the game winner. Slick Rick also thought Slick Rick's defense played just well enough to win tonight. Friendship is going to have problems stopping the Crusader Train next week. On a side note, Slick Rick saw the two elder Skogen brothers at the game tonight. Slick Rick says if they are going to represent the Crusader Nation they both need to get haircuts. That type of representation is not what the Sader Nation is all about. Someone do all us Saders a favor and take those Skogens over to Great Clips and get them a high and tight haircut like the one Slick Rick has in Slick Rick's picture.

Why do the Skogen's need haircuts? Is long hair a bad representation? And you are not a sader! You are just a pathetic high school football fan who jumps on the band wagon. What is the Sader nation all about anyway?

Congrats to temple on the win! I would like to congratulate my boys on a great ball game. You left it all on the field tonight especially Blake Satterfield. You really showed out tonight and should have impressed anyone watching. I'm usually not one that whines about the refs but that push off by Skogen on the far side of the field on 3rd and 20 was pathetic. That had to be the worst no call i've ever seen in high school football! Blake had perfect coverage until he got pushed plum down. I had alot of respect for the Skogen kid until that play that was truly pathetic. No wonder he catches so many passes heck anybody out to be able to catch like that. Shoot if you cover him next week FCS he'll just push you out of the way. I was impressed by #5 and your qb they both played solid games. Good luck the rest of the way out maybe you'll win it all. By the way it wouldn't hurt if you'd take the ref that was on the TC side of the field with you because he was obviously a crusader fan. He was probably your best player tonight. Now that i've said my piece i'll take my crow with a little A-1 on it if you don't mind.

I'm #1 jacket fan and i approve this message

Heck of game!! Trousdale Co. PHYSICALLY dominated the game = 440 yards rushing as opposed to Temples = 180 yards rushing. Temple couldn't handle the offensive and defensive lines of TC....luckily for them they didn't have to with Seth Skogen catching the ball.

Both number 11s played awesome. I think Blake Satterfield had about 250 yards rushing or something.

Congrats to TC on a good season -- should have won the last one, but thats just the way it goes sometimes. Congrats to Temple on the win.

Skogen is hands down the best player in tn 1a.... push-offs??? are you kidding? he didn't push off at all he just out jumped and out muscled TC for 2 huge receptions!! Little skogen isn't bad either....

Personally (and all the TC fans can cry about it after I say it) I thought temple did not play well....3 turnovers and 3 or 4 times deep in the red zone and could not get in....I think that Temple is better than the way they played and I hope they play the way they can next week...

Let me make one more comment. Personally, you haven't read my post on # 491. I never mention any thing concerning officiating.( crying , I'm not crying about anything). This game was a classic . I couldn't make it, but it kept you on the edge of your seat listning to it on the radio. (Drama / suspence).

Now , I don't know about pushoffs or any thing conserning referee play. I didn't see ,but there are always questionable call & no calls. That is a part of the game. Ill take what's handed to me. I can handle that.

As for the young men that play for Temple. They played one $%$# of a ball game. They kept their composure for 4 quarters.

I'm sure Temple could play better than the way they played last night, but that was due to TC's up front offence & defence. As for secondary, yes we were out matched by far. That receiver is special. Heck 6'4 - 6'6 & a QB that can place the ball , that's hard to cover when your 5'10 - 6'0 , but it didn't happen all night like your accustom to seeing. ( you've just caught us on a down yr.)

I hope Temple is able to take this win and use it as a building block for the future, and not just a One yr. Cinderella team. Because you can bet Trousdale Co. is not a Cinderella team. We will be back in smashmouth mode next yr.

Good luck next week with another region 4 team.

Congrats to temple on the win! I would like to congratulate my boys on a great ball game. You left it all on the field tonight especially Blake Satterfield. You really showed out tonight and should have impressed anyone watching. I'm usually not one that whines about the refs but that push off by Skogen on the far side of the field on 3rd and 20 was pathetic. That had to be the worst no call i've ever seen in high school football! Blake had perfect coverage until he got pushed plum down. I had alot of respect for the Skogen kid until that play that was truly pathetic. No wonder he catches so many passes heck anybody out to be able to catch like that. Shoot if you cover him next week FCS he'll just push you out of the way. I was impressed by #5 and your qb they both played solid games. Good luck the rest of the way out maybe you'll win it all. By the way it wouldn't hurt if you'd take the ref that was on the TC side of the field with you because he was obviously a crusader fan. He was probably your best player tonight. Now that i've said my piece i'll take my crow with a little A-1 on it if you don't mind.

I'm #1 jacket fan and i approve this message

Old Pirate says don't blame Scogen for the no-call, the ref sure missed that one. Scogen does push off alot. The push offs will need to be addressed at the next level. Seth Scogen is as you well know now is a very fine player,he certainly demands special attention, which in turn allows TT's other play makers to do their jobs.The SP-TT game had several no-calls as well. This is not to take anything away from TT,it's just that the refs are mostly terriable, or at least they are in the Chatt area.

Old Pirate says TC played well but scored to soon at the end. Coach Saterfield would probably agree. TC fans were shocked at how TT kept coming. TC is in the same boat as the SP fans bewildered! Old Pirate congratulates TC on a fine season. That Saterfield kid really played well.

Edited by OLD PIRATE