Cascade

rerun

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing wrong with the Cascade coach's. I would have had no problem with my son's playing for either coach Parker. Baseball or football. they are both class act's and each understands how to play and win. Players have to execute coach's can't. I would suspect the players got a little hyped or tight and didn't play as well as they were capable. Cascade had a great team, the best I can remember; if your a fan stay behind them, if your a player keep working.

Don't know the situation but it sounds like the typical thinking of that the players win games and coaches lose games. Never vice-versa. Sounds like a dumb statement to me. Statements like that are why some schools can't keep a good coach for long enough to establish a strong program. If you made it to the playoffs thank the coach, he played a part in it.

Edited by mcwrestler

This subject really doesn't give credit where credit is due. The Wayne County Wildcats deserve tons of credit for that win. They really came to play and turned their weakness of turnovers to thier advantage. From what it looked like to me they didn't have a lot of 'subs' yet they did not wear down. It looked like even their QB played iron man. Huge props and respect to the Wildcats for sacking it up for that game. Every time I've seen Wayne County play which is all of twice, they bring it hard. I picked Cascade to win that one in a close one but Wayne County proved me wrong, I thought it was going to be a dogfight with the Champs pulling it out. This is from an Eagleville fan, but I was pulling for fellow region 5 bretherin Cascade. But good luck to Wayne County the rest of the way and if they bring the same game to the Jungle that they brought to the Stable they will be able to be proud whether they win or lose.

It is my understanding that a player was hurt and left the game for Cascade. That can either pump up the team to "win it for (that player)" or have the opposite effect, really bring them down. The emotions in a playoff game run pretty high, so I expect that it had the latter effect. Nothing against Wayne Co., they always have a good program and I'm sure this year is no different. Just my opinion.

I think the coaches tried not to lose instead of trying to win,what do you think?

You could not ask for a finer group of men coaching a great group of kids. Kenny Parker is a fine christian man, on and off the field. Parker and his staff not only talk the talk, but walk the walk. They lead by example. Cascade is fortunate to have Parker, Carkuff, Austin, Edwards and Chris Parker to coach our boys, not only in football, but life. As anyone that coaches knows, it depends on which team shows up that night.

This subject really doesn't give credit where credit is due. The Wayne County Wildcats deserve tons of credit for that win. They really came to play and turned their weakness of turnovers to thier advantage. From what it looked like to me they didn't have a lot of 'subs' yet they did not wear down. It looked like even their QB played iron man. Huge props and respect to the Wildcats for sacking it up for that game. Every time I've seen Wayne County play which is all of twice, they bring it hard. I picked Cascade to win that one in a close one but Wayne County proved me wrong, I thought it was going to be a dogfight with the Champs pulling it out. This is from an Eagleville fan, but I was pulling for fellow region 5 bretherin Cascade. But good luck to Wayne County the rest of the way and if they bring the same game to the Jungle that they brought to the Stable they will be able to be proud whether they win or lose.

Thanks for ur support...we played very hard for the whole game and wanted it bad..i think that showed...we are in pretty good shape physically because of our Coaches they work us hard every practice and those gassers really payed off..lol...#10 our QB is a warrior he gives it heck every down and if he didnt play QB he would be our starting FB...he also plays OLB on Def

But i dont think this lose should be credited to the coaches of Cascade but to the players and coaches of Wayne Co. we just outplayed them...no blame goes to there coaches or players they were just overmatched...thats my opinion... B)

Don't know the situation but it sounds like the typical thinking of that the players win games and coaches lose games. Never vice-versa. Sounds like a dumb statement to me. Statements like that are why some schools can't keep a good coach for long enough to establish a strong program. If you made it to the playoffs thank the coach, he played a part in it.

the fact is that none of us fans or parents will never know. the only people that know is the players and coaches... if you really want to know, go ask a player or coach (not really sure they would want to talk about it. but hey, its worth a try). B) it could be coaching or it could be playing. i think its both, because i know the coaches had to run the option against the first team D all weak... and the players didnt do well with the option on friday night. but on the coaching part... i didnt see any adjustments at all after halftime on defence, that could have helped them alot. and who are you to tell someone that was a dumb statement... everyone has their own opinion.

the fact is that none of us fans or parents will never know. the only people that know is the players and coaches... if you really want to know, go ask a player or coach (not really sure they would want to talk about it. but hey, its worth a try). :thumb: it could be coaching or it could be playing. i think its both, because i know the coaches had to run the option against the first team D all weak... and the players didnt do well with the option on friday night. but on the coaching part... i didnt see any adjustments at all after halftime on defence, that could have helped them alot. and who are you to tell someone that was a dumb statement... everyone has their own opinion.

Could be they tried to make adjustments but just didn't have the personel. From what I saw Cascade didn't have enough speed to play with WC. Up front they were huge but WC ran by them.