Catholic VS Austin East

Digger20

You Fulton fans just want KCHS to lose, just like every other fan in Knoxville that isn't a part of the KCHS tradition. Carter people hate us, Webb and CAK despise us, Fulton thinks we're a fluke and we won't amount to anything next year, and AE still believes they are more talented. Bearden and Farragut just don't care until the basketball and soccer seasons start. Any fan of any team that is in a more rural part of the state assumes Catholic is a bunch of rich kids who don't know how to play ball, and any private team thinks of Catholic as a second-rate private school that can't afford all the glamours they can.

Goodness - anybody else sense some anger and paranoia issues in that elitist propaganda rant?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I didn't know that AE was killed the first time they played. Remember, AE only lost by 11 points week 3. Actually, they were down under 10 points late in the 4th quarter and Catholic scored late to put the nail in the coffin. This game will be interesting. Many Catholic folks are saying that they're not looking ahead to next week, but us AE folks know that they are. I feel as though Fulton and Catholic are overlooking their foes for this FRIDAY. If AE can come in with the right mind set, this could go to AE! I'll be there and I'll be watching and hoping for this upset....

LET'S GO AE!!

Turtle ..I dont think Fulton will be overlooking Carter just for the fact that they had to put up with the cheap shot stuff from Carter in week nine .. if Carter had been smart they would have just taken the loss and then hoped they could sneak up on Fulton looking ahead to AE or KC ... but hey they blew it and got the Falcons feathers up .... I really even though it would be nice to try to avenge the loss to KC if Falcons get by Carter ... I really think that the Falcons and AE love the exitememt when they get to play each other .... Falcons have to get by Carter and AE has to get by KC to make it happen ....

SchoolID=159&SportID=1]Fulton[/url] thinks we're a fluke and we won't amount to anything next year

In response to this quote ..I think this region asa whole will be down next year ... AE may be the team ... dont know much .. I know Fulton looses a great deal and will have to look to maybe 2008 ... unless some miracles happen on the OL and DL lines ........

I have no horse in this race. Just an old Ohio guy that closely follows high school football. Thanks to tivo, 99.1, and good enough health to attend live games, I have seen and heard AE, Fulton, and Catholic play plenty of their games this year. With 2-5A and 2-4A being a bit down this year, they have played the best ball IMHO, and have been the most fun to follow. All 3 of these teams could compete with any school in Ohio of simmilar enrollment. They all have fine talent.

Regarding AE vs Catholic. I have read where AE has improved a lot. Maybe, but they were pretty darn good to begin with. They lost early 14-13 to an outstanding Red Bank team that I believe will give Maryville all they want. They lost to Fulton by less than the score indicated (2 dropped td passes I think). Then lost to a Webb team by one point that could very well win state in their division/classification. Also AE beat a Brainard team that probably has more athletes than does AE.

Coach Graham is a little inexperienced, but smart, tough, passionate, and a strong leader. AE failed to make some defensive adjustments in the 1st Catholic game, and they won't make that mistake again. I really like the Troutman kid. Throws the best ball in the KIL after the Ryan boy at West. Most impressive thing about Troutman (other than his running ability) is his improved game management. He certainly deserves credit for that, but so does his coach.

People talk about Anderson at WR, and rightly so, but the reciever that can cause damage is Hinch. Anderson scores TDs, Hinch eats up some yards. The RB Johnson is patient and tough, and he uses his FB Jones well. The Jones kid can block, and he might just be one of the better "wrap-up" LBs in the region. AE has a bunch of defensive talent. I like the McCaleb kid up front, and Kimbrough at the DE/OLB. In addition to Anderson at DB, they have Thompson, and Smith who are quick and aggressive. I also like Price and Linclon Anderson at LB.

On the Catholic side everyone talks about Smith. Again, he desrevs it. However, I think it all starts with their coach. I too wish they were not on the radio every single week, but I tell you what. That guy is not just building players or a team. He is building a program to be dealt with for some time. Pemberton must have a heck of a staff, and obiously the $s if he can do all the other stuff.

Even with Smith, I give the overall skill position edge to AE. I think Catholic has good WR/DB types, but at this stage in the year the timing between Troutman and his guys will be better than it was when these two teams first met. I think the AE FB is a better blocker than the Hartman kid, but the Hartman kid might be a better runner. That spot is a wash. I think Catholic's LB are very good against the run, but could get tested by Troutman in coverage. I think that AE's LBs are better against the pass than the run, so the LBs could be a wash also.

Up front, I read where Catholic lost their Center to injury, and so I am sure that is a loss. It also seems like they dress half the school so I am sure they have another Center. I like the OT/DE Franklin. He has a D1 frame and ability. I think when Franklin and Kimbrough hook up it will be a battle. The other OL/DT I like is Tait. Only a Soph. I watched him against Fulton and he had 6-7 solos. No doubt Hammilton is the best DL in the region, but this kid might be the best OL. Great drive blocker. I look forward to seeing him and McCaleb battle. Just like Troutman, the Catholic QB Lindsey has improved also. I just think Troutman is a little more battle tested and so I give the edge to him.

Bottom line is if AE can stop Catholic from running the ball and the clock, they win. Catholic has to run the ball, and the clock...and stop AE's big plays to win. Edge AE. Good luck to both teams. Stay healthy because whoever wins will have to deal with Rogan, Freeney, Hammilton, etc next Friday, but whos looking ahead?

Oh dear God, who cares? If you could even produce the name of the kid it wouldn't matter. I am pretty positive Catholic won't be overlooking a team they beat by only eleven points. You Fulton fans just want KCHS to lose, just like every other fan in Knoxville that isn't a part of the KCHS tradition. I mean, say we beat AE, Turtle will post how Fulton will beat Catholic, and he hopes Fulton wins. Carter people hate us, Webb and CAK despise us, Fulton thinks we're a fluke and we won't amount to anything next year, and AE still believes they are more talented. Bearden and Farragut just don't care until the basketball and soccer seasons start. Any fan of any team that is in a more rural part of the state assumes Catholic is a bunch of rich kids who don't know how to play ball, and any private team thinks of Catholic as a second-rate private school that can't afford all the glamours they can. When will you people realize these boys come to play for Pemberton every night, no matter the opponent? This is the playoffs HolySnap. No one is overlooking anyone. Keep an eye on your team and their second round bye before you start something that definitely won't be decided until Friday night. Then we'll see who's ready.

Rofl, you just made my day losing your composure like that ON A FORUM!!! The fact of the matter is one of the players on Catholics team who I know sure made it seem like they are thinking it will be an easy game, that's that can you argue with that?? No cause you weren't there now were you?? I have alot of respect for Catholic I don't hate them but of course I would rather have us win.... Your right on one thing, we'll see who's ready.

In response to this quote ..I think this region asa whole will be down next year ... AE may be the team ... dont know much .. I know Fulton looses a great deal and will have to look to maybe 2008 ... unless some miracles happen on the OL and DL lines ........

I saw Fulton freshman team, they are LOADED. They won't be down any time soon.

By and large AE and Knox Catholic have always shown each other a lot of mutual respect. I think this season is no exception. Either team could win on Friday. For that matter either team could win it all. I am certain neither team is looking past Friday night. Let's play the game and see how it comes out. I predict Catholic by 3 points. Good luck to both teams and better luck to the Irish! :thumb: