MidTennFootball

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I heard he had to go out to his car during class. They weren't doing much in class and he had to go get stuff for basketball so he went out without the teachers permission and came back with whatever it was he was getting, nothing illegal. She gave him a blue card and he got a suspension over it. Doesn't add up to me because thats not exactly suspension material to me. Although that teacher is pregnant so who knows how moody she was on that day hah. Thats the story as it was told to me take it for what its worth.

From what I heard he had to go out to his car during class. They weren't doing much in class and he had to go get stuff for basketball so he went out without the teachers permission and came back with whatever it was he was getting, nothing illegal. She gave him a blue card and he got a suspension over it. Doesn't add up to me because thats not exactly suspension material to me. Although that teacher is pregnant so who knows how moody she was on that day hah. Thats the story as it was told to me take it for what its worth.

I heard it was because he said some choice words to coach Harris and walked out on practice or something...but I guess that may have been just a rumor?

Speaking on the "great student section debate"

People may call it bandwagon or whatever...but its a fact of life

You win, you have crowds and lots of support

You lose, you don't.

It's as simple as that. Happens everywhere not confined to Murfreesboro. High school, college, professional sports.

Win and they will come.

Didn't The Nation have its foundation from the first year when mediocrity was at best for Siegel's basketball team. It seemed as though the first year is when the organized jargon of slogans, chants, and cheers began, though in a mild form. This was the beginning of when people noticed that the students were beginning the new traditions.

It started with myself and 4 other people going to a game January 16 in Warren County. Had so much fun getting run out of town that we decided we wanted to keep on doing it.

We did. The next game was Oakland so of course a ton of people there. Also every game we won that year was down to the wire so brought excitement. Besides, in non Oakland games we really didn't have big crowds until the district tourney loss to Lebanon. At Centennial we had 12 people exactly but that was one of my personal funnest games. And we got people to come because of how much fun we had chanting at the players/ other fans/ and coach, specifically Pee Wee herman from Lebanon ha. Wasn't necessarily about the game at the time because we really didn't expect to win every game. When they are saying the Nation has fallen off. There are still 20-30 die hard fans that will be there. But the masses that filled up the rest of the stands don't find it "cool" to chant back and forth and make fun of players etc when losing.

Also Administration has never helped especially this year when they don't really like the leaders. Only time they were not in the way was in the very beginning and when the articles in the paper came out in different newspapers giving the school good publicity. One of the games that they threatened suspension against was the game that the Warren County newspaper did an article about how good we were. They had to put their foot in their mouth on that one.

Edited by Harris' hooligans

2-2-1 I feel causes more turnover..

2-2-1 is not meant to cause a lot of turnovers. A good team like Oakland will not turn the ball over against a 2-2-1, when you are down by 9-10 points with under 2 minutes you have to pressure the ball and force turnovers which Blackman did that, Brnes got a steal and turned it back over then Carter got a steal and turned it right back over

First of all we went to the man press with 3 15 left. We had done the 2-2-1 earlier in the game and had gotten 3-4 steals off of it

Next

Why did Turnham take Blackman out of the 2-3 zone for entire second half? Oakland had scored like 4 on it.

I'm not saying neccessarily go to a 2-2-1

I'm just saying..that man press would never have worked.

First of all we went to the man press with 3 15 left. We had done the 2-2-1 earlier in the game and had gotten 3-4 steals off of it

Next

Why did Turnham take Blackman out of the 2-3 zone for entire second half? Oakland had scored like 4 on it.

I'm not saying neccessarily go to a 2-2-1

I'm just saying..that man press would never have worked.

Man, zone, 2-2-1, whatever, I dont think it really would have mattered tuesday night. Everytime Blackman would get it close, Oakland would find a way to reel of a mini run of sorts to get it back to a comfortable margin

Best Athlete ever out of 7 AAA?He'll definately make it to the majors if not for arm problems..who are some other notables from 7AAA?

Wait til oaklandgrad sees that.......he will school you fast.

I mean best athlete ever is a pretty big statement, and your talking 7-AAA in general, which is all sports, but you could make the argument that Price maybe isnt even the best baseball player to come out of 7-AAA much less overall. Its so hard to compare all these athletes because your comparing different eras, philosophies, teams, etc etc. Price is certainly a special talent, but I wouldnt be so willing to say the best this district has ever seen, or even murfreesboro for that matter

Oakland[/url'>Grad' post='826346581' date='Jan 26 2007 - 07:52 AM']

Man, zone, 2-2-1, whatever, I dont think it really would have mattered tuesday night. Everytime Blackman would get it close, Oakland would find a way to reel of a mini run of sorts to get it back to a comfortable margin

You are right my point is this if Blackman would have stayed in the 2-3 Oakland just would have milked the clock away