Dobyns Bennett & the Playoffs

WaCoJaCo

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope Boone dropped South Greene from their schedule. That game made as much sense as South vs. Happy Valley.

Tru that. We tried to replace HV with Gate City but I don't think it took. Do you know the date TSSAA requires the scheduling to be complete? Has the deadline already past? I frequesnt TSSAA's website but it takes forever to navigate and find things. They are buried. I guess I shouldn't complain because the VA site is worse than their driving and 100 x worse than the TSSAA site.

Tru that. We tried to replace HV with Gate City but I don't think it took. Do you know the date TSSAA requires the scheduling to be complete? Has the deadline already past? I frequesnt TSSAA's website but it takes forever to navigate and find things. They are buried. I guess I shouldn't complain because the VA site is worse than their driving and 100 x worse than the TSSAA site.

No clue about the deadline. I'll ask Boone's coach at churh if I get back from Murfreesboro in time.

The more things change....The more they stay the same

I wonder if at the start of next years football season DB will be ranked #1 again. I wonder if DB fans will be talking "State Championship" again. Or was this finally the straw that broke the camels back. Certainly the players and coaches worked their butts off this year, just like every year, and should be praised for that. But at some point we all have to face the facts. This team was not going to win a State Championship. These were the guys we have all been watching sinse the 8th grade, and were said to be the "great hope". This was the team that would "finally" bring home the Gold Ball. The result, not even close. I see the same pattern with all the past DB teams that were "expected" to win it all. There are probably several different reasons why DB falls flat in the playoffs. Looking past their opponent, "choking", poor play calling, weak schedule, and just plain ole gettin' beat by a better team. You could probably roll all those reasons up in a ball and that would answer the question. At this point I have come to the conclusion that not a single DB team is as good as we DB fans think. I don't think the coaching staff is as good as we think, and I am positive DB is not as good as the people that vote in the polls think they are. I am sure some DB fans will really let me have it for even saying that, but I speak the truth. Why don't we all just settle down and realize our place in this world. DB is probabbly the best team year in and year out in Upper East Tennessee, and thats about it. People have been telling us all year that we would get beat in the first round and now they are laughing at us. So DB fans, before Basketball, and Baseball season gets underway, please let this be your final leason. Just try to win the district and don't even mention going to state. thanks

Anybody remember this subject?