Father Ryan

statebound07

It was good to see Father Ryan be at least somewhat competitive again. Granted, I only saw them play once, so I'll defer to others that had a chance to see them every week. Given that, here is what I observed.

Thay have more players with football talent than they have had in several years. Perhaps the initial impact/talent dilution of JPII opening is wearing off.

They play with more effort than they have. They don't quit.

In order to be a real top flight team in DIIAAA, they must get more disciplined. At the game I watched, I saw a lot of players shouting and pointing fingers at each other, and also observed several players talking with people in the crowd during the game. You just don't see that in the best DII teams. Bontrager would never allow that kind of stuff on his basketball team, for example.

JMHO. Congratulations to the Irish on a solid "new beginning".

Yes it did kind of bother me when I looked on the sideline and saw most of the people who are hurt with cell phones out...

When you start grumbling about things like that, it's a sure sign you're getting old. Soon you'll be starting sentences with, "Back in my day....". You'll also start reading and replying to threads about what rule changes have destroyed the game.