Williamson County?

iluvbball

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know how teams will be in Williamson County this season?

I don't know much about Brentwood, Franklin or Centenial, but Independence has a great new Coach in Hillary Maxwell. I know the girls at Siegel miss her. I have heard it is a tough place to coach because of major parent interference. She won't put up with it. I assure you they will be in shape to go 4 full quarters and that she will get the best the girls can give. Look for dramatic improvment as the season progresses, a haulmark when at Siegel.

Anyone know how teams will be in Williamson County this season?

Brentwood should be strong as they only lost 2 girls from last years #2 finish in District 11 regular season. To my knowlege, they still don't have a strong post player and that may haunt them this year. They have excellent depth going 8 or 10 deep into the bench and Coach Seigenthaler will run them all. Erica Schumacher is returning as the top scorer the past 2 seasons and Cece Simms will be back at the point.

Franklin has a new very enthusiastic coach, Grover Levy (formerly from Nashville University School). They have a decent returning group from a team that upset Hillsboro in last seasons district 11 finals. Courtney Barnes, 6' post, is returning after sitting out her junior year for travel volleyball. They also have a very strong sophmore class coming back, a few good junior with lots of experience from last year, and a new transfer that should stengthen their post play and rebounding.

Independence should be stronger. In addition to a new coach with a winning additude, this will be the first year they will have any senior leadership. Most of these girls have paid their dues in the past 2 seasons. Jenna Bartsokas , a recent Lipscomb commitment, is now eligible after transferring from Christ Pres. last year and willl provide excellent leadership, ball handling & scoring.

Ravenwood has most everyone returning, had a good summer and could be a factor in the district. Sorry, I don't know much about their personel.

Centennnial also is experiencing a new coaching regime. John Boucher formerly from Ravenwood takes over for Brian Kelley who will remain the boys coach at Centennial. Annie Kelley returns from an all district season last year. a couple of transfers figure to play a big roll this year. Depth will be a factor, but potential for improvement over last year certainly exists.

I'll count on Pageman to give us a report from Page High & someone else will have to give us info on Fairview and the private schools.

Overall, I expect AAA girls basketball will be more competitive top to bottom than it has been in several years. There will be several upsets during the course of the season & I predict no team will run the table in District 11 the year.

I don't know much about Brentwood, Franklin or Centenial, but Independence has a great new Coach in Hillary Maxwell. I know the girls at Siegel miss her. I have heard it is a tough place to coach because of major parent interference. She won't put up with it. I assure you they will be in shape to go 4 full quarters and that she will get the best the girls can give. Look for dramatic improvment as the season progresses, a haulmark when at Siegel.

I will agree with the above. Coach Maxwell knows the game but another of her hallmarks is the ability to develop post players. Independence can look forward to Coach M searching, finding and developing major post players in her tenure there. She is a hard worker and expects her players to be the same. That will become obvious. Good luck to an up and coming star in the coaching field.ui

I'm on vacation this week in NC so I don't have a lot of info on the Page team yet. I expect that Jr. Courtney Campbell to play post with support from So. Megan Crowell off the bench. With the loss to graduation of players Jessica Spencer, Libby Barker, and the Young twins, Kayla and Leslie, Page will have some big shoes to fill. I expect the starters to be Jr. Kayla Bowling, Jr. Rachel Underwood, Sr. Ana Morton, Jr. Courtney Campbell, and Sr. Katelin Ford. I don't have the full roster yet so there could be some changes I'm not aware of.

I believe that Coach Kathy Dye will have the team ready for play on Nov. 16 at Franklin in a Hall of Fame game and that by season's end to have a team that will do well in post season play.

I'll know more later as the games are played.

I'm on vacation this week in NC so I don't have a lot of info on the Page team yet. I expect that Jr. Courtney Campbell to play post with support from So. Megan Crowell off the bench. With the loss to graduation of players Jessica Spencer, Libby Barker, and the Young twins, Kayla and Leslie, Page will have some big shoes to fill. I expect the starters to be Jr. Kayla Bowling, Jr. Rachel Underwood, Sr. Ana Morton, Jr. Courtney Campbell, and Sr. Katelin Ford. I don't have the full roster yet so there could be some changes I'm not aware of.

I believe that Coach Kathy Dye will have the team ready for play on Nov. 16 at Franklin in a Hall of Fame game and that by season's end to have a team that will do well in post season play.

I'll know more later as the games are played.

PageMan....thank you for all your work, I love to read anything you post. Have a great time in NC!!!

I will agree with the above. Coach Maxwell knows the game but another of her hallmarks is the ability to develop post players. Independence can look forward to Coach M searching, finding and developing major post players in her tenure there. She is a hard worker and expects her players to be the same. That will become obvious. Good luck to an up and coming star in the coaching field.ui

Being somewhat familiar with the Williamson County HSchools, it has been apparent for some time that something is going on around the coaching community in that county. Replacing coaches, one a year in the same sport, is disruptive and non productive. When it starts happening with 3 or 4 schools, something is really happening. Fans and students want good programs, that is for sure but thinking that a school is going to get there by for some reason by pressure and "replacing the coach" is non inciteful. To see the swinging gates of having 3 coaches in one sport during one year borders on mismanagement of personnel. Yes Williamson County is being looked at as a tough place to coach and a few days back someone was going to California to get a High School Coach as if that was going to be the answer. There are many coaches that can coach in Williamson but its doubtful they are looking for a short term arrangement and that is what is being projected.

• 4 weeks later...

Brentwood should be strong as they only lost 2 girls from last years #2 finish in District 11 regular season. To my knowlege, they still don't have a strong post player and that may haunt them this year. They have excellent depth going 8 or 10 deep into the bench and Coach Seigenthaler will run them all. Erica Schumacher is returning as the top scorer the past 2 seasons and Cece Simms will be back at the point.

Franklin has a new very enthusiastic coach, Grover Levy (formerly from Nashville University School). They have a decent returning group from a team that upset Hillsboro in last seasons district 11 finals. Courtney Barnes, 6' post, is returning after sitting out her junior year for travel volleyball. They also have a very strong sophmore class coming back, a few good junior with lots of experience from last year, and a new transfer that should stengthen their post play and rebounding.

Independence should be stronger. In addition to a new coach with a winning additude, this will be the first year they will have any senior leadership. Most of these girls have paid their dues in the past 2 seasons. Jenna Bartsokas , a recent Lipscomb commitment, is now eligible after transferring from Christ Pres. last year and willl provide excellent leadership, ball handling & scoring.

Ravenwood has most everyone returning, had a good summer and could be a factor in the district. Sorry, I don't know much about their personel.

Centennnial also is experiencing a new coaching regime. John Boucher formerly from Ravenwood takes over for Brian Kelley who will remain the boys coach at Centennial. Annie Kelley returns from an all district season last year. a couple of transfers figure to play a big roll this year. Depth will be a factor, but potential for improvement over last year certainly exists.

I'll count on Pageman to give us a report from Page High & someone else will have to give us info on Fairview and the private schools.

Overall, I expect AAA girls basketball will be more competitive top to bottom than it has been in several years. There will be several upsets during the course of the season & I predict no team will run the table in District 11 the year.

What do you think now that we have had a month of basketball?

What do you think now that we have had a month of basketball?

Williamson County teams are just beginning to play each other . That makes it difficult to have any better grasp of the season than previously stated. Independence looks to be the most improved so far. Franklin has been somewhat unpredictable. Centennial is definitely struggling due to lack of player development over the past few years. I haven't seen Ravenwood yet but they don't appear to be much better when compared to other county teams. Brentwood is still the team to beat until someone shows differently. I think Independence will give them a good game if their post players perform up to their potential and can dominate the boards.