South Pittsburg?

MC1170

There has never been a 4.3 guy in the history of South Pittsburg Football. I promise you. A few 4.4s, some 4.5s and some 4.6s. South Pittsburg has good genetics, but not great. A place like Hazelwood Alabama has great genetics. Brownsville Tennessee has great genetics. South Pittsburg has very good genetics. Lake County has very good speed as well as Union City and Trousdale. Work ethic is the largest question mark facing the team in South Pittsburg along with the ability to put the team before yourself. Until that is the case Championships will be few and far between like they have been in the past. Perry Hutchins is the most underated player in the history of the school. Another thing that the fans at South Pittsburg need to remind those kids of is that there is life after South Pittsburg football. Do the things necessary to get out, at least for a while, get a degree and then maybe come back to South Pittburg and make it an even better place to be. What a great history! Can be an even greater future!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has never been a 4.3 guy in the history of South Pittsburg Football. I promise you. A few 4.4s, some 4.5s and some 4.6s. South Pittsburg has good genetics, but not great. A place like Hazelwood Alabama has great genetics. Brownsville Tennessee has great genetics. South Pittsburg has very good genetics. Lake County has very good speed as well as Union City and Trousdale. Work ethic is the largest question mark facing the team in South Pittsburg along with the ability to put the team before yourself. Until that is the case Championships will be few and far between like they have been in the past. Perry Hutchins is the most underated player in the history of the school. Another thing that the fans at South Pittsburg need to remind those kids of is that there is life after South Pittsburg football. Do the things necessary to get out, at least for a while, get a degree and then maybe come back to South Pittburg and make it an even better place to be. What a great history! Can be an even greater future!

First of all u r very wrong in saying no 4.3 speed.. U need to ask Don grider or Johnny Majors about Zalmer chubb.. he was a true 4.3 and 9 times out of 10 drugs gets these kids...there have been alot of underrated kids go thru spitt. they never saw playing time because back in the day if your parent wasnt a uptown person u didnt play Period.. and if u say thats nto true your crazy. you never used to play if u was a freshman. thats why i say and will always say Danny wilson is the best coach this town has ever ever seen.... Perry and I sat outside all last year talking about this same thing. Danny when he coached had a Program going... he demanded respect... I truley Think for the Pirates to contend year after year and go deeper into the playoff's the Coach's has to get off there butt and let those freshman in the game when its 30+ point win's and then maybe practice something u wanna put into your system.. again when Danny wilson was here after the first series of the 3rd quarter.. the freshman played. EVERYONE played. thats why he had great teams in the 90's every year...you cant have a good team if you dont teach the young guys to play and then let them play... PS even jasper had one 4.4 guy im pretty sure Cokie Pryor was a true 4.4. I know I ran a 4.6 and he out ran me easily, he and I played on the marion county allstar team and they clocked him at 4.4 when i was there

Edited by Geno

First of all u r very wrong in saying no 4.3 speed.. U need to ask Don grider or Johnny Majors about Zalmer chubb.. he was a true 4.3 and 9 times out of 10 drugs gets these kids...there have been alot of underrated kids go thru spitt. they never saw playing time because back in the day if your parent wasnt a uptown person u didnt play Period.. and if u say thats nto true your crazy. you never used to play if u was a freshman. thats why i say and will always say Danny wilson is the best coach this town has ever ever seen.... Perry and I sat outside all last year talking about this same thing. Danny when he coached had a Program going... he demanded respect... I truley Think for the Pirates to contend year after year and go deeper into the playoff's the Coach's has to get off there butt and let those freshman in the game when its 30+ point win's and then maybe practice something u wanna put into your system.. again when Danny wilson was here after the first series of the 3rd quarter.. the freshman played. EVERYONE played. thats why he had great teams in the 90's every year...you cant have a good team if you dont teach the young guys to play and then let them play...

Gut Wrench Gary says that South Pitt could become a successful program like Gut Wrench Gary's Yellow Jackets if Geno was the Head Coach and Tha Slick Chosen One was the assistant coach.

Hey Stan, Slick Rick says mind your business buddy. Slick Rick will get sideways with you if you don't mind your manners. Slick Rick says you need to go to The Yellowjacket's Nest and have a burger. Slick Rick had one and it tore Slick Rick up something awful. Slick Rick thinks it would be funny seeing Stan Trott losing control and squirting everywhere. Slick Rick has not heard any rumors about coaching changes.

First of all u r very wrong in saying no 4.3 speed.. U need to ask Don grider or Johnny Majors about Zalmer chubb.. he was a true 4.3 and 9 times out of 10 drugs gets these kids...there have been alot of underrated kids go thru spitt. they never saw playing time because back in the day if your parent wasnt a uptown person u didnt play Period.. and if u say thats nto true your crazy. you never used to play if u was a freshman. thats why i say and will always say Danny wilson is the best coach this town has ever ever seen.... Perry and I sat outside all last year talking about this same thing. Danny when he coached had a Program going... he demanded respect... I truley Think for the Pirates to contend year after year and go deeper into the playoff's the Coach's has to get off there butt and let those freshman in the game when its 30+ point win's and then maybe practice something u wanna put into your system.. again when Danny wilson was here after the first series of the 3rd quarter.. the freshman played. EVERYONE played. thats why he had great teams in the 90's every year...you cant have a good team if you dont teach the young guys to play and then let them play... PS even jasper had one 4.4 guy im pretty sure Cokie Pryor was a true 4.4. I know I ran a 4.6 and he out ran me easily, he and I played on the marion county allstar team and they clocked him at 4.4 when i was there

Old Pirate says Geno-Geno you need to be careful.Old Pirate goes back to the early 60s and Phil Beene & Don Grider didn't care if you were uptown,downtown,across town or out-of-town.. They played to win and and back in the day 16 qtrs was kinda the magic number to get a letter. Freshman have played @ SP and several have earned 4 letters before the practice was started to letter all players. Old Pirate agrees with the coaches now on not lettering all players. ANYTHING given away cheaply is never appreciated. Old Pirate could name MANY players who as you say had uptown parents that NEVER really were big contributors. Most players that excelled were the good ole country boys that are a lot like the ones we have on this year's team. SP fans know the so-called uptowners (mostly businessmen) took their kids to private schools. Old Pirate says SP has had far to many good players that have become involved in the street antics.Old Pirate says REMEMBER the Pirates are mostly sophs and really need all the playing time they can get. The freshmen will get their playing time when they earn it. Old Pirate says it would be great if the Pirates could have had a JV schedule,a few games could have helped.Old Pirate says Coach Wilson was a good young coach and did have the respect of the players. Old Pirate says Geno needs to cut the chatter about the coaches,it does not help!!!!!!!!!!!