Tennessee Temple

gofish12

The comments you made about next year varsity is basically what everybody has been saying but your coaches when they were on stump martin show sure hadnt told anybody they were done after this year or the school wouldnt have obligated there self to about $15,000 for the 10 games next year.

The only coach I saw on Stump was Coach Chastain -- who might be the head coach next year.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why wouldnt Temple just end the program? It isnt like they have a ton of tradition or bosters who are going to want to keep it. It is going to be expensive and unless some new kids pop up they arent going to be competative; thats if they have enough people to field a team.

How could you blame Coach Skogan for leaving? He already has a full time job and was just filling in while his kids were there. Now that his kids are gone he has no reason to be there. Its like why would you coach a little league team that your kid isnt on? That may be a bad illustration because Temple isnt a little league team but you get the idea.

Now back to basketball, who will coach the crusaders next year? Will Greg Brown be eligable to take over the team?

why is everyone making such a big deal about what's going on over at temple? temple had a good football team the last couple of years but who would have ever thought that it would continue after skogen and smith graduated? everyone knows these guys were the backbone of this team. plus the school has not done anything to help the future of the program. i've heard that they were to build a stadium but have not seen any efforts to make this a reality. i mean, who wants to go to a school that doesn't even have the facilities to play football? so i can't blame the coaches for leaving. maybe temple should learn some things from schools like grace and silverdale. they've put their money where their mouths are. just an observation.

Will there be a team to coach next year? I hear that people are already trying to contact Jeremy Sexton about transfering now so he will be eligible next year. Better to be eligible your junior year than to have to play b-team as a transfer. I hope he is getting good advice because Temple will tell him to stay and everything will be good next year, but that does not look to be the case. I would bet that he would be eligible at his zoned school immediately.

I have spoken with the coaches before about their kids tuition and neither one of them received tuition for free for their kids.

My first question is why are you talking to Kevin and steve about there kids tution and 2nd here you go again acting like you know everything.You could have saved us from a bunch of these post by just telling up front about all of these events that were going to take place.Since you know how they spend there money you had to of known all of this other stuff.Once again it is not a slam on doing the best for your sons it is being up front and honest about it for the remaining kids and the school.IF the school for some reason knew all along all this transition was going to take place and was ok with it then somehow people werent informed like you few temple fans act like.otherwise why invest your time and money when there are other good christian schools dedicated to there athletic programs for the long run.

Edited by Farmboy1

You really are an idiot, I guess that's why Coach Wadley taught at Temple for 25 years and spent the majority of the years coaching the girls team? I guess he did all of that to "promote" his kids. And I guess Coach Skogen who doesn't get paid by the way, should continue to coach and take time away from his full time position as a pastor to coach this team. Coach Skogen had alread told the administration that he wasn't coaching anything after this year, so I mean they already knew that. Coach Skogen and Coach Beard are doing what is best for their families and I respect them for that, and anyone with any sense would feel the same way.

Did he say that because he already knew Joey would be gone and so would Seth W.? Not to mention every other starter on the team. Just a thought. He may have told them he wasn't coaching anything (@ Temple) next year but it seems obvious that it was because of all this. He tells them before the school year he is not going to go ahead and coach his youngest son his last two years at Temple? They should have read the writing on the wall. When will coach Skogen be hired to help with McCallie sports. If they hire him will that allow Joey to be able to play next year?

Did he say that because he already knew Joey would be gone and so would Seth W.? Not to mention every other starter on the team. Just a thought. He may have told them he wasn't coaching anything (@ Temple) next year but it seems obvious that it was because of all this. He tells them before the school year he is not going to go ahead and coach his youngest son his last two years at Temple? They should have read the writing on the wall. When will coach Skogen be hired to help with McCallie sports. If they hire him will that allow Joey to be able to play next year?

Coach Skogen will not be hired at McCallie. Joey will not be elligible for varsity football next year either.

People, seriously, tend to your own matters.