REGION 4-5A ALL REGION

ltowndevils

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOD, the results won't come out til after all the region 4 teams are out of the playoffs.

Back in 2002, we had similar arguments with folk from Riverdale on here about who should receive Def player of the year in region 4. I picked Johnathan Carter who was converted to DE from LB for the honors. I got attacked right and left on here for my choice....esp from Riverdale fans who believed otherwise. Well, the coaches in the region voted Carter as the Def Player of the Year...... :thumb:

We can speculate, argue, defend, whine, etc.......but the fact remains that the Coaches from our region will make the selection , not us, based on their own observations . They know who they feel deserves it, and they know who gave them the most problems defensively. Will it be Kaelin? Not sure.......probability says it might be Goree b/c of the Mr Football nod......we shall have to wait and see.

I will say that in my eyes and in my opinion...it is KAELIN GRIFFITH who deserves the honor.

sailorman, thank you for the accurate stats. Also appreicate a new OHS poster!!

I am not sure why our tackles aren't turned into the Tennessean so our kids can get some looks at colleges or for honors. Hopefully that changes. I would say TDC that Kaelin was removed from the o line b/c he is too valuable to us defensively and we needed him fresh.

He played o line in the spring b/c we had Elrod injured . I don't think they ever wanted to play him both ways in the first place. It is hard to look good at a place that you have never played before, isn't it?

He definitely deserves it. He is such a tough football player and a great student. Josh is in one of my classes and works pretty hard on his academics. He is the definition of a STUDENT athlete.

Just like Kaelin Griffith is.......an Principal's List student!! I really applaud the kids who can be standouts in the classroom as well as on the field.