REGION 4-5A ALL REGION

ltowndevils

I agree that you deserved All region. I really thought you were a shoe-in for it. I was shocked when I didn't see your name. Some coaches don't put underclassmen's names in the mix, preferring their srs to garner the honors. However, I believe Tillery is an underclassman too....so that nixes that theory. You had the stats to deserve it. However you have to understand that you don't compete against Shane for this.....you compete against your own teammates. Each team gets a certain number of players on the list....so it is up to your coaching staff to nominate you and then you are voted on by the rest of the region coaching staffs. Understand a bit better? Please don't down Shane in your frustration.

Shane is a good football player. I was just comparing my stats to another WR besides Wilks. Yes, Tillery is an underclassman, along with Williams and Bather.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where is the official all region list?

TDCman posted the list from Riverdale's website. The link is on the first page on his post. I assume it will be in the DNJ tomorrow?

Try this:http://www.rhs.rcs.k12.tn.us/sports/football/2006%20Season/2006%20Awards/2006_region_4-5a_all_region_team.htm

Wonder why Siegel only has 3?

Edited by 2priceless

HS do NOT feel bad you are not the only player over the years that has been slighted. For just one example last year most in Rutherford County thought the 'clone' would have made it, but he didn't pucker up to the right person. :lol:

I was surprised that Groves did not make it from R'dale, but a bunch of under classmen did. I got to admit though I am prejudiced for the linemen.

HS do NOT feel bad you are not the only player over the years that has been slighted. For just one example last year most in Rutherford County thought the 'clone' would have made it, but he didn't pucker up to the right person. :lol:

I was surprised that Groves did not make it from R'dale, but a bunch of under classmen did. I got to admit though I am prejudiced for the linemen.

Oh I don't feel bad. I know that I went out and played hard every game. I know I deserved it. I'm just VERY, VERY mad that I didn't get the recognizition that I deserved. Its not about making the all-region team, colleges probably look at that kind of stuff and my high school goal is to receive a football scholarship. It just upsets me when I see people like Parks make it when he only played 4 full games.

Edited by HSsportsfootball

Oh I don't feel bad. I know that I went out and played hard every game. I know I deserved it. I'm just VERY, VERY mad that I didn't get the recognizition that I deserved. Its not about making the all-region team, colleges probably look at that kind of stuff and my high school goal is to receive a football scholarship. It just upsets me when I see people like Parks make it when he only played 4 full games.

Scouts don't look at this as much as people think. They have already seen as much as they need during the actual games. Then there is the films you or your coach will be sending out. Hopefully your Coach will at least help before he leaves, but in the end it will be your work that will get it done. Hopefully you are already registered with the NCAA clearing house and that will help.

I sure agree with you on that one. Parks is a great back, but he just didn't play in every region game. I still do not understand why Siegel only had 3 that made it. The only thing I can think of is that Watson only put 3 names on the nomination boards.

The same thing could be said for Crouch. I know he missed 2 region games while suspended.

Make sure that you attend the combines too. That is very important. Also send back any and all questionaires from colleges even if you have no desire to play there.

Edited by 2priceless

everyone from riverdale that i had predicted would make it did. i think i was the only one here who had brought up ben atakpu and travis lilienthal also. :lol:

LOD, yea i would have liked to see grove get the award also. i think he may have even got it last year? but yea he missed a couple games this year after going down in the lavergne game. i think lilienthal and spurlock where good choices off the oline though ;)