REGION 4-5A ALL REGION

ltowndevils

Its a heck of an all star lineup. I'd put it up against ANY allstar lineup from ANY Region in the state.

HS, I agree that you 'should' have been on there. There are lots of kids in the Region who do not now or in the past who were left off the list.

It is the biggest lineup I can remember seeing though in recent years.

For ALL those who made it, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :thumb:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really disappointed in your post hssportsfootball. Shane Blissard not only played offense but defense as well. These awards were voted on by the REGION coaches. I guess they thought Blissard was deserving.They are the ones who look at film every week and see who is a threat to them. I think that they were exactly right to include Shane. Five TDS is impressive, esp when you consider we didn'ty score a bunch of TDS this yr. Your stats for some on your list included playoff games. They were voted on thru TEN games of the season NOT 11, not 12, not 13, not 14, not 15. Attitude is a part of the package, isn't it? Cmon man, delete your post....you are making yourself look bad.

Edited by 2priceless

Thats BS.

2nd in the region in receiving yards

2nd in the region in receptions

2nd in the region for touchdowns by WR

1st in the region for yards per catch

1 time player of the week

double-teamed almost EVERY game

DNJ Player to Watch EVERY WEEK

If that is not enough to get all-region then I don't know what is.

but yet Shane Blissard gets all-region before me? thats bs.

I'm sorry but that is BS! They got people on the list that I haven't even heard of! Who is Jareth Swanson? Josh Lee? Secoy Reeves? I'm not believing this. Antoine Hendricks didn't get all region, nor Shadrack. Corven Parks plays 4 games and he gets all-region? Bs.

Rodriguez Wilks 60 catches 943yds. 10 TD

Chris Gray 34 catches 683yds. 5TD(1 punt return TD)

Josh Crouch 36 catches 696yds. 5TD

Shane Blissard 33 catches 458yds. 5 TD

Ken Walton 20 catches 318yds 0TD

Caleb Harper 14 catches 242yds. 2TD

Ladarian Hardy 15 catches 146yds. 0TD

Travis Adkins 9 catches 93yds. 0TD

I Would have to agree with ya on that one i dont see no way that you didnt make it???

Congrats to all the OAKLAND players who made the elite All Region list. I did pretty well with my picks I think!! PJ Polk, Andrew Mc Gowan , Shane Blissard, Adam Elrod, and STELL!! GREAT representatives from our school and well-deserved!

We are especially proud of Kaelin Griffith for receiving the Region DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR!!! WOW>......... :thumb::thumb:

Your right 2p. I was just VERY upset. I just felt like I deserved to get all-region. I just found it very upsetting that there are atleast 5 WR's on the list that don't have as productive stats as me. Now the players like Harper, Walton, Crouch, and Atkins are acceptable, considering they produce a lot on defense. I may be wrong about Blissard, but I do not believe he produced a lot on defense. It has nothing to do with me just wanting to make the team. I just feel that I DESERVED all-region. The stats I displayed were very well from the playoffs. But I was still ranked 2nd in every WR stat at the end of week 10. Oh well, theres nothing I can really do about it. I'm still going to work hard this offseason. Even harder now to prove that I deserved all-region.

Edited by HSsportsfootball

Let me guess......you know some. Who? I have heard of several Lavergne ones, but since you have Oakland ties, I assume you may mean one of ours? Spill....

no i don't. just asking i don't think there is that type of player on oaklands team. however with lavergne's coaching change i wouldn't mind seeing a few of them on Patriot drive next year!! Maybe a QB?!?!?!?!?

Your right 2p. I was just VERY upset. I just felt like I deserved to get all-region. I just found it very upsetting that there are atleast 5 WR's on the list that don't have as productive stats as me. Now the players like Harper, Walton, Crouch, and Atkins are acceptable, considering they produce a lot on defense. I may be wrong about Blissard, but I do not believe he produced a lot on defense. It has nothing to do with me just wanting to make the team. I just feel that I DESERVED all-region. The stats I displayed were very well from the playoffs. But I was still ranked 2nd in every WR stat at the end of week 10. Oh well, theres nothing I can really do about it. I'm still going to work hard this offseason. Even harder now to prove that I deserved all-region.

I agree that you deserved All region. I really thought you were a shoe-in for it. I was shocked when I didn't see your name. Some coaches don't put underclassmen's names in the mix, preferring their srs to garner the honors. However, I believe Tillery is an underclassman too....so that nixes that theory. You had the stats to deserve it. However you have to understand that you don't compete against Shane for this.....you compete against your own teammates. Each team gets a certain number of players on the list....so it is up to your coaching staff to nominate you and then you are voted on by the rest of the region coaching staffs. Understand a bit better? Please don't down Shane in your frustration.