Nelson going to Science Hill

jonboat

No ... I'll let the Good Lord make those decisions, Mikey. However, I've witnessed a good Christian traits. I have friends who are not christians that are better men than some of the Christians I knowfew who certainly don't "model" to their players and others how a Christian should act.

Problem is ... with so many in our culture, as long as someone "wins", we don't care.

And Barb, I'm not talking about what "religion" someone is. I'm talking about a having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Actually the question was for Mikey. As far as coaches go I would settle for 1 who could set an example for how a man should behave.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AMEN . . . It matters to me! That is my #1 concern with a new coach. I don't want a devil raising coach. I don't want to sacrifice Christian leadership for more "W's". I know that we will be losing that with John Bowles. His son, (Brad Bowles) which is an assistant freshman coach also picks-up several of the boys for Tuesday night Bible study. He is also an awesome role model!

What exactly is a "devil raising coach" . Please define "Christian leadership". You are talking about values and those are things we all look for in a coach whether they are Christian or Jewish or Buddhist.

Fortunately for all of us,it is ILLEGAL to make a hiring decision based on religion.

What exactly is a "devil raising coach" . Please define "Christian leadership". You are talking about values and those are things we all look for in a coach whether they are Christian or Jewish or Buddhist.

Fortunately for all of us,it is ILLEGAL to make a hiring decision based on religion.

To me a "devil raising coach" is walking the sidelines cussing.

And based on your comment above not knowing what "Christian leadership" is and your comment about the legality of religion, I'm not even going to go down this road with you. You obviously don't have a clue. :thumb:

Edited by PowrPlus

To me a "devil raising coach" is walking the sidelines cussing.

And based on your comment above not knowing what "Christian leadership" is and your comment about the legality of religion, I'm not even going to go down this road with you. You obviously don't have a clue. :thumb:

I didn't say anything about the "legality of religion" I said it was illegal to hire someone based on their religion...or fire someone either. So whether SH hires a Christian or a Jew or a Jedi, they are not even allowed to ASK. If as an employer, I casually ask a potential employee what church they attend, and I don't hire them, they have the basis for a discrimination law suit...do you understand? I am not attacking religion, I just don't think most people understand employment law as it pertains to discrimination.I know everyone cares about the character of the man in charge of the football program, but it is a PUBLIC school (government) and religion just can't be a factor in hiring a teacher

Edited by barb

I didn't say anything about the "legality of religion" I said it was illegal to hire someone based on their religion...or fire someone either. So whether SH hires a Christian or a Jew or a Jedi, they are not even allowed to ASK. If as an employer, I casually ask a potential employee what church they attend, and I don't hire them, they have the basis for a discrimination law suit...do you understand? I am not attacking religion, I just don't think most people understand employment law as it pertains to discrimination.I know everyone cares about the character of the man in charge of the football program, but it is a PUBLIC school (government) and religion just can't be a factor in hiring a teacher

le·gal·i·ty - 1 : attachment to or observance of law - 2 : the quality or state of being legal - 3 : plural : obligations imposed by law

I rest my case :thumb:

Have a nice day.

le·gal·i·ty - 1 : attachment to or observance of law - 2 : the quality or state of being legal - 3 : plural : obligations imposed by law

I rest my case :thumb:

Have a nice day.

You don't have a case ,Perry Mason. Legality is referring to hiring practices not religion. Since you are pig-headed to the point of ignorance, it is also illegal to discriminate on the basis of sex, age,and physical handicap. I once had a friend that was sued for asking a woman if she had children in an interview...employers have to walk a tightrope when hiring staff..who knows...a coaching candidate might just be able to use this message board as evidence in his discrimination case.

You don't have a case ,Perry Mason. Legality is referring to hiring practices not religion. Since you are pig-headed to the point of ignorance, it is also illegal to discriminate on the basis of sex, age,and physical handicap. I once had a friend that was sued for asking a woman if she had children in an interview...employers have to walk a tightrope when hiring staff..who knows...a coaching candidate might just be able to use this message board as evidence in his discrimination case.

Its obvious you are talking in circles trying to make you're point, and then you resort to name-calling. I'm impressed!

:lol:

I'm done! Go plead you're case to someone else.

Have a nice day.

Edited by PowrPlus