Nelson going to Science Hill

jonboat

This rumor is true. I had eluded to it on another thread a few days ago. I told the SH people to look to the "East" for a new coach and no one got it, lol. Ralphie will be a great fit for the Hill.

I saw that on your other post Volman, and picked up on it right away. I wanted to give some time.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ralph has done a good job at East, and if the rumors are true I am sure he will do well at Science Hill. Ralph has instilled a sense of pride at East, and that is something the Patriots haven't had before. If Ralph does leave, he will definitely leave the East program in better shape than when he arrived.

As far as Ralph as a player, I don't think he was overated. He was the most dominate defensive lineman I have seen around here. From looking at the number in your screen name, you must have been a lineman. I guess getting manhandled by Ralph from grade school through high school has left a bad taste in your mouth, and I definitley sense a little jealously over the careers of Nelson and Ferguson. I don't seem to recall any Boone standout lineman from the same time frame.

:thumb: Ralph dominated. He was in the backfield most of the time before QB's could hand the ball off.

Ralph has done a good job at East, and if the rumors are true I am sure he will do well at Science Hill. Ralph has instilled a sense of pride at East, and that is something the Patriots haven't had before. If Ralph does leave, he will definitely leave the East program in better shape than when he arrived.

As far as Ralph as a player, I don't think he was overated. He was the most dominate defensive lineman I have seen around here. From looking at the number in your screen name, you must have been a lineman. I guess getting manhandled by Ralph from grade school through high school has left a bad taste in your mouth, and I definitley sense a little jealously over the careers of Nelson and Ferguson. I don't seem to recall any Boone standout lineman from the same time frame.

When has a Boone player ever gotten the press in the Kingsport paper that someone from D_B or South has gotten? Even when Sky Hicks rushed for two thousand yards last year he was barely mentioned. Like I said these guys were good, but to say I got manhandled makes me laugh. If either 1 of those guys were as good as the paper made them out to be, why did we not hear from them after high school? By the way I do have game films to back up what I did against both Nelson and Ferguson to back up what I say.

He is a good coach. He has no talent over there.

I heard that Bowles is pretty much gone. Who are some canidates?

I hear if the let Nelson take wih him some coaches he may be interested, I have also heard some names mentioned 1)from over in the Unicoi Area. He is the offensive coorinator there i think. They say he came from a school in S.C that was state champions year in and year out. If this is true he must be good cause Erwin went from Bad to not as Bad.I 2) I know he would take his brother with him. The old saying blood is thicker than water. I think that his brother would go. I dont know of any other coaches he would take or is interested in getting to go with him. If you know of any let us know.However ,I do know that Science Hill is determined to turn this thing around and with a new AD and a new football coach I can only imagine them having a new staff to go with that. Best of Luck Mr. Turner(AD) in finding the staff to lead us to the victories over the hated INDIANS