Coalfields, Brandon Davis.

GIBSONJ

Ok Gibson, here is the only stats available to date:

Davis against Hampton only. 18 for 123 6.8 yards a carry.

3 passes received for 38 yards and 1 TD. Two put returns for 66 yards. Total offense 227 yards.

Year end total is still not available.

Jared Kight was also a pleasant surprise, he was 9 rushes for 35 yards, but he had 19 tackles. Haney had 20 tackles. The thing is Hampton ran right at these two all night.

Keith had one interception and a touchdown.

FSF,

No, Morgan Co. has a family named M.E.L.H.O.R.N and they have produced several good backs for this program. (I also work with a Melhorn and he can bother the dickens out of you). So they were on my mind.

Sorry haven't thought about MILHORN since Friday night, I get over things rather quickly. As a matter of fact, didn't listen much Friday to the names being called out, was Milhorn the receiver/tailback/quarterback? I think Lunsford is QB but unsure after that. The names announced are for momma, not some old man in the stands.

Edited by CYJacket

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as college goes, I think he could be successful to a certain extent. I just watched this kid play twice this year and I thought he did a good job on Defense and so so on offense. What does that mean? Well, you really never can tell how much a kid will improve at the next level or stay the same. Hopefully he will continue is good work ethic and take it to another level. I think about the Guilmire kid from Oak Ridge last year and he wasn't a heavily recruited player and he accomplished a lot at Oak Ridge. There is more to getting a scholarship than what you did in high school though. How would you compare him to the Guilmire kid from Oak Ridge last year?

Don't think they compare in size. However, can't tell, they may be playing together at Peay.

Davis can write his ticket to the schools that want him. It is his choice. Based on his level head, and good decision making skills it will the the one that fits his needs and desires.

He could also chose to play baseball. Personally I think that is also a good decision. He can also play at that level to the point of eventually going farther in that sport and actually making money playing.

Sorry for the delay. Here are his final stats.

Offense (Senior season)

272-1,975 rushing

21-234 receiving

10-241 kick/punt returns

28 TD's

Offense (Career)

518-4,190 rushing, 49 TD's

66-1,175 receiving, 13 TD's

66 TD's

Defense (Senior season)

88 tackles

25 sacks

Defense (Career)

410 tackles

72 sacks

102 tackles behind the line

9 fumble recoveries

Great job kid, but some advice is to make sure on all your visits to colleges you talk to some players. Coaches are way different when recruiting then when you at first day of practice. I wasted a year of playing because I went to a small school that told me I would be playing early. Come to find out thats what they told everyone. Just enjoy it while you can, high school will be the best time of your life, because college is a business not for fun.