Milan at Humboldt

bulldawgs#1

At least one Jackson Sun writer told the truth:

"The numbers are staggeringly lopsided. Humboldt held advantages in first downs (18-7), rushing yards (292-155), total yards (336-233) and plays from scrimmage (63-40). The one category the Vikings didn't lead was PAT conversions. Fields was 2-of-2; Ford 1-of-2."

You know who deserves the win. You again lucked out.

18 to 7 in first downs?!! More than double!!

Nearly DOUBLE the rushing yards, 292 vs 155.

Over 100 more total yards, 336-233.

50% more plays from scrimmage, 63-40.

Donald had more rushing yards than Milan's entire team!

How many times did Milan get into Humboldt territory compared to Humboldt ramrodding into their's (and without resorting to a 'desperation' halfback pass trick play).

There were at least three times during the game that the door could've been slammed on Milan--but the Vikings shot themselves in the foot.

Only two plays made Milan's offensive game: the 59 yard run from Kirby and his 2 yard OT run. Otherwise, Humboldt's defense snuffed them all night.

I don't know why you can't just say that you were lucky to get out of Barker Memorial Stadium with a 14-13 score after taking a whipping. Everyone who was there knows Humboldt beat Milan in every category except for that one single PAT.

I'm proud of the Vikings, finally proving to everyone they were the more talented team top to bottom. It's unfortunate that the region's 2nd best team is advancing to face Goodpasture.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least one Jackson Sun writer told the truth:

"The numbers are staggeringly lopsided. Humboldt held advantages in first downs (18-7), rushing yards (292-155), total yards (336-233) and plays from scrimmage (63-40). The one category the Vikings didn't lead was PAT conversions. Fields was 2-of-2; Ford 1-of-2."

You know who deserves the win. You again lucked out.

18 to 7 in first downs?!! More than double!!

Nearly DOUBLE the rushing yards, 292 vs 155.

Over 100 more total yards, 336-233.

50% more plays from scrimmage, 63-40.

Donald had more rushing yards than Milan's entire team!

How many times did Milan get into Humboldt territory compared to Humboldt ramrodding into their's (and without resorting to a 'desperation' halfback pass trick play).

There were at least three times during the game that the door could've been slammed on Milan--but the Vikings shot themselves in the foot.

Only two plays made Milan's offensive game: the 59 yard run from Kirby and his 2 yard OT run. Otherwise, Humboldt's defense snuffed them all night.

I don't know why you can't just say that you were lucky to get out of Barker Memorial Stadium with a 14-13 score after taking a whipping. Everyone who was there knows Humboldt beat Milan in every category except for that one single PAT.

I'm proud of the Vikings, finally proving to everyone they were the more talented team top to bottom. It's unfortunate that the region's 2nd best team is advancing to face Goodpasture.

Stats sometimes tell the truth but sometimes they don't. Humboldt did an excellent job between the 20's but they could not finish drives. Give Milan's defense a little credit because the scoreboard does have the final say-so! It read Milan 14

Humboldt 13

Congrats on a great season........see you next year! :thumb:

"Stats sometimes tell the truth but sometimes they don't."

Dude, all I've heard from the typical Milan posters is STATS. STATS this and STATS that--how many points and how many yards and blah blah blah.

But NOW the stats don't matter?

Typical.

This time, the stats DO tell the story. EVERYBODY at the game knows who the best team was on the field, man-to-man, Friday night. Again...just admit that the Vikings were dominant, deserved the win, and Milan was fortunate, very fortunate. Anybody placing bets on whether not that'll happen? Yeah, me either.

Milan beats Humboldt not once but twice at Humboldt. I would say the best team won. Humboldt had a great team this year, and if both teams would have split their games this year, then what you said would have more credibility.

Milan beat Humboldt twice with seven juniors and two sophomores starting. This year was Humboldt's best shot at Milan.

I"m glad to see Humboldt's football program coming back. The key for Humboldt's continued success will be keeping Dan Bland as the O coordinator. That will be hard to do.

Yet another correction, albeit philosophical but accurate: it wasn't that Milan beat Humboldt twice. Milan beat Humboldt once. Then last night Humboldt beat Humboldt. Don't take credit for something you didn't do. And there you go with the statistics again---number of juniors, sophomores, etc----funny how none of the Milan posters haven't listed any stats from last night. Funny, but not unexpected.

Yet another correction, albeit philosophical but accurate: it wasn't that Milan beat Humboldt twice. Milan beat Humboldt once. Then last night Humboldt beat Humboldt. Don't take credit for something you didn't do. And there you go with the statistics again---number of juniors, sophomores, etc----funny how none of the Milan posters haven't listed any stats from last night. Funny, but not unexpected.

Come on man, why does someone want to come on here with this kind of post with an attitude about a game that will obviously be remembered as one of the best playoff games in west tennessee history. The two teams walked of the field last night obviously with high respect for the other. You need to read the posts on here where milan fans are giving high opinions of Humbolt and their running back that is up for mr. football. My guess is that the difference in last nights games was Milan having more experience in big games the last few years.

I give you credit for one thing - you are Red all the way through. You can defend your program all you want, I don't blame you for this. But, the bottom line is your done for the year. I have watched you mouth off over the last 6-7 weeks talking about how the next game would be different!! It was a different game but with the same result as the first. A MILAN VICTORY!! Congrats on a good year to Humboldt and we look forward to you visiting Johnnie Hale stadium for next weeks state semifinal playoff game.

lol Yes, RED, all the way through. Thanks for being the single poster who recognizes the fact that I'm as adament a VIKING fan as Milan fans are about their team. If you're bleeding purple, it seems to be okay---but heaven forbid anyone bleed THEIR teams colors.

To the previous poster, yes, I'll be at Hale stadium---you'll also see that the majority of West Tennessee fans will be sitting ACROSS from you. Gee, wonder why? It's not jealousy sir. It's not even respect. It's for all the reasons I've posted previously.

No it looks like you're jealous. Also looks like we've got a lot of support from the other towns in west tn. All that trash you talked and no one has tried to rub it in. You keep trying to down the town of Milan and our football program and we've let it go. Your team lost a hard fought game last night and there's no shame in that. The humboldt program has really improved. Champions win and lose with class.

lol Yes, RED, all the way through. Thanks for being the single poster who recognizes the fact that I'm as adament a VIKING fan as Milan fans are about their team. If you're bleeding purple, it seems to be okay---but heaven forbid anyone bleed THEIR teams colors.

To the previous poster, yes, I'll be at Hale stadium---you'll also see that the majority of West Tennessee fans will be sitting ACROSS from you. Gee, wonder why? It's not jealousy sir. It's not even respect. It's for all the reasons I've posted previously.

Wonder Why? Yes, probably because our stands will be full by the time you get there!!! Couldn't resist. :lol::D

You are a fan who has nothing but hate in his blood for Milan. You need to realize ultimately it is just a game. Everyone's lives will go on next Saturday regardless of the outcome.

Edited by Bulldog Fan #2

YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY A VERY POOR LOSER AND I DO FEEL SORRY FOR YOU AND I KNOW YOU'RE COMMENTS DON'T FEFLECT THE ATTITUDE OF MOST GREAT HUMBOLDT FANS. I'M PRETTY SURE THE WEST TENN FANS WHO WILL BE SITTNG ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE WILL ONLY BE SITTING THER BECAUSE IT WILL BE THE ONLY PLACE TO SIT. THEY WILL BE THER TO CHEER ON THEIR WEST TENN REPS WHILE YOU, IF YOU SHOW UP AT ALL, WILL PROBALY AS USUAL BE THE ODD MAN OUT. GOD BLESS YOU HORNED HELMET.