Milan at Humboldt

bulldawgs#1

Glad to see Humboldt finally has Milan's respect...

Humboldt came out to play as I said they would, and the offensive line took it personally that they were beaten so badly last game...It looked to be a repeat early but the Humboldt coaching staff did a good job of keeping the kids' heads straight...By the way, NO ONE, including me, expected Humboldt to come out and try to run straight at Milan with that Goal Line set...That just proves that the line of scrimmage is won not by who's the biggest or strongest, but who wants it the most...I don't think there is any question who came out wanting it more tonight..

All of you Milan posters and anyone else who doubted Adrian Donald...You see what the hype is all about...The kid can flat out play and in my opinion should win the Mr. Football award...Any college that gets this kid is going to be in for a real treat...

Props to Milan's players for not collapsing during the Humboldt comeback and not losing their composure when it could've been very easy to do so..

Also, props to Coach Morris for his playcalling down the stretch on offense...Calling a halfback pass in that situation, as well as another pass later in the drive, is something no one in the stadium saw coming...It completely caught Humboldt off-guard and would've been the difference if not for the fumble inside the 5..

Hopefully no one gives the kicker from Humboldt any crap...Put yourself in his situation..I guarantee you he comes back next year as one of West Tn's top kickers..

Lastly, good luck to Milan next week...I'll come and support you at Jonnie Hale next week if I can make it from Nashville..

Future looks bright for both programs...Milan is a young team and Humboldt will return 4 of 5 starting linemen, several defensive players, and they have a lot of upcoming talent from the junior high level....

Edited by red_16

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see Humboldt finally has Milan's respect...

Humboldt came out to play as I said they would, and the offensive line took it personally that they were beaten so badly last game...It looked to be a repeat early but the Humboldt coaching staff did a good job of keeping the kids' heads straight...By the way, NO ONE, including me, expected Humboldt to come out and try to run straight at Milan with that Goal Line set...That just proves that the line of scrimmage is won not by who's the biggest or strongest, but who wants it the most...I don't think there is any question who came out wanting it more tonight..

All of you Milan posters and anyone else who doubted Adrian Donald...You see what the hype is all about...The kid can flat out play and in my opinion should win the Mr. Football award...Any college that gets this kid is going to be in for a real treat...

Props to Milan's players for not collapsing during the Humboldt comeback and maintaining their composure when it could've been very easy to do so..

Also, props to Coach Morris for his playcalling down the stretch on offense...Calling a halfback pass in that situation, as well as another pass later in the drive, is something no one in the stadium saw coming...It completely caught Humboldt off-guard and would've been the difference if not for the fumble inside the 5..

Hopefully no one gives the kicker from Humboldt any crap...Put yourself in his situation..I guarantee you he comes back next year as one of West Tn's top kickers..

Lastly, good luck to Milan next week...I'll come and support you at Jonnie Hale next week if I can make it from Nashville..

Future looks bring for both programs...Milan is a young team and Humboldt will return 4 of 5 starting linemen, several defensive players, and they have a lot of upcoming talent from the junior high level....

Nice post - Humboldt won almost every offensive statistic except the score. You guys wanted it bad and it showed!!! Great game and we appreciate the support next week.

Humboldt played a great game. Donald is definately a Mr. Football finalist. Humboldt outplayed Milan but it's Milan, it's the playoffs and the experience has really come into play the last two weeks. Dawg defense was a bend but don't break. And I told you Bledsoe would be huge at safety tonight, several TD saving tackles and a couple of big pass break ups. The referee that was working the Milan sideline should never step foot on a football field again. It really feels good to beat teams in the 4th quarter like we have the last two weeks unlike the last 3 years in the playoffs.

Adrian Donald will be Mr. Football, if not he got screwed. Great game!!! Humboldt had much better athletes at most positions. Their backfield was something to see. I have nothing but respect for humboldt (not because of tonight, I’ve always had respect for them, haven't always liked 'em but respected them.) I have never

seen a team make what should have been a simple 2 TD victory such a game. I was stuned when humboldt recovered the fumble, (and I talked to Kirby after the game, it was a fumble) and drove down the field on Milan. It looked like Donald wasn't even tired. Humboldt left it all on the field and they have nothing to be ashamed of.

That being said....according to Webster's New World Dictionary:

Champion-A winner of first place in a competition--excelling all others

Since Milan has now faced humboldt in a competition twice, and achieved first place both times, and we have excelled all others in region 7-2a I think it's fair to say that although humboldt will have the patches for their letterman jackets, Milan will have the satisfaction of knowing the we deserve the title of:

Region 7-2a Champions 2006

You're right...At this point of the season, you are the Overall region champs...if not for the forfeitures, the same could be said about the regular season...Either way, all of that is irrelevant...Get ready for Goodpasture...I saw them play Pope John Paul earlier this year and it's going to be tough...I'm sure Morris has something up his sleeve though..