Milan at Humboldt

bulldawgs#1

You guys truly have no idea how the rest of the area feels about you. Amazing.

OH YEAH I DO. MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR HAS A SON WHO PLAYS FOR HUMBOLDT. 1 NEIGHBOR ACROSS THE STREET HAS SON WHO PLAYS FOR GIBSON COUNTY. ANOTHER NEIGHBOR HAS SON WHO PLAYS FOR JCS. REST OF NEIGHBORS EITHER GO TO MEDINA OR MILAN. WE ALL HAVE THE UTMOST RESPECT FOR EACH OTHER, EACH OTHERS KIDS AND EACH OTHERS PROGRAMS. WE ALL WALK WITH EACH OTHER IN THE MORNINGS ON WEEKENDS AND ALL I'VE HEARD FROM ALL OF THEM IS HOW THEY WILL BE CHEERING FOR MILAN FRIDAY NITE. THE HUMBOLDT PARENTS AND THEIR SON WILL BE THERE PROBALY SITTING NEXT TO ME. GOD BLESS

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thedawg44: After re-reading several of your posts, such as: "RESPECT TO HUMBOLDT AND THEIR FANS YOU BEAT US EVERYWHERE BUT THE SCOREBOARD." I'll need to rephrase my comment to read: "You guys truly have no idea how the rest of the area feels about MOST of you." Props to you for being the most balanced poster on here. I do, however, challenge you to go back and re-read the other Milan poster's comments, AS IF you're NOT a Milan fan---and see how it sits. Maybe you'll gain a new persepective. I make no bones about being pro-Humboldt and anti-Milan on HERE...but only because I'm out-numbered 10 to 1 vs the dawg bullies.

'No one from Milan is anti-Humboldt?' Gee, who needs the Comedy Channel when I've got you?

'If we had lost last night we'd all be rooting for Humboldt.' Well maybe. But you'd get to that only AFTER a couple of paragraphs about how your boys didn't play well, had an off night, and the referees were pathetic. THEN you'd get around to maybe giving the Vikings a nod. I KNOW how I am. I fully realize how biased and snide I can be. Maybe you should give yourself a check up from the neck up.

"Stats sometimes tell the truth but sometimes they don't."

Dude, all I've heard from the typical Milan posters is STATS. STATS this and STATS that--how many points and how many yards and blah blah blah.

But NOW the stats don't matter?

Typical.

This time, the stats DO tell the story. EVERYBODY at the game knows who the best team was on the field, man-to-man, Friday night. Again...just admit that the Vikings were dominant, deserved the win, and Milan was fortunate, very fortunate. Anybody placing bets on whether not that'll happen? Yeah, me either.

as a neutral fan in this i must say the best team did win! humboldt may have won in stats but stats are not the scoreboard..unfortunately the guest last night had one more point than the home team so i guess they are that much better :lol:

At least one Jackson Sun writer told the truth:

I don't know why you can't just say that you were lucky to get out of Barker Memorial Stadium with a 14-13 score after taking a whipping. Everyone who was there knows Humboldt beat Milan in every category except for that one single PAT.

First, I've never really known any newspaper to not slant a story.

Second, I don't believe in luck. I believe that luck is something that someone made up so that we would take our focus off of what God is doing in our lives.

That said, anyone can put stats on a sheet and say "who should have won" but in the end, Milan did win. Stats may win in paper-rock-scissors, but the only stat that counts in football is the score board.

That game last night will go down as one of the classics in West Tennessee Football history for those who were there to enjoy it. Please don't take it and turn it into something other than that. :lol:

First, I've never really known any newspaper to not slant a story.

Second, I don't believe in luck. I believe that luck is something that someone made up so that we would take our focus off of what God is doing in our lives.

That said, anyone can put stats on a sheet and say "who should have won" but in the end, Milan did win. Stats may win in paper-rock-scissors, but the only stat that counts in football is the score board.

That game last night will go down as one of the classics in West Tennessee Football history for those who were there to enjoy it. Please don't take it and turn it into something other than that. :lol:

I personally don't believe in luck either. Stating that, Milan will loose next week proving that they have gotten weaker each week of the playoffs. "Regions Champs?" Please. Cheaters aren't champions. Although Milian has a good team their weakness at there linebacker and cornerback positions will catch up with them.

Edited by LegendSD

(First, I've never really known any newspaper to not slant a story.) Well, of course not--especially you read your hometown paper!

(Second, I don't believe in luck. I believe that luck is something that someone made up so that we would take our focus off of what God is doing in our lives.)

So....you're saying God wanted Milan to win?

Legend and hornredhelmet, you need to take a hike. This thread will get locked up or deleted. The game is over. I realize the only way to get stuff off your chest is to bring it on CoachT. Honestly, I was at the game last night in Humboldt. Milan ran it down your throat. You missed a WIDE OPEN touchdown pass on that 4th and goal. Milan half back passes to get out of a 2nd and 20. Then Milan play action boots and gets down inside the 5. Milan FUMBLES. Humboldt runs it down MILANS throat. Humboldt scores, Milan scores, only difference Milan can hit an XP. Im giving you credit. Donald is good. What more do you want? Milan stomped Humboldt in the early season. Take your forfeit win and eat some turkey. All the Milan posters need to move over to the Goodpasture thread. Im sure they will reply but if they have nobody to talk to then it will all come to a stop. Good season Vikings, and I really do mean that. You had a great team. Milan has had their share of bad beats the past couple years. Its our time to redeem those. Go Dawgs

Edited by westtn2004state

(First, I've never really known any newspaper to not slant a story.) Well, of course not--especially you read your hometown paper!

(Second, I don't believe in luck. I believe that luck is something that someone made up so that we would take our focus off of what God is doing in our lives.)

So....you're saying God wanted Milan to win?

Everything does happen for a reason, so who knows?

Hornedhelmet, I know you're a Humboldt fan and I admire your dedication to the program, but I don't think the Milan posters deserve all the crap you're giving them...I've read the posts, same as you...It's impossible to expect Milan's posters to be unbiased when it comes to these boards..Same goes for any school including Humboldt...The reason Milan, in general, comes across as arrogant and cocky is because of the swagger of the football team and their fans...Some people take that offensively but you have to understand that a swagger is one of the most important things a football team can have...Take a look at USC the past couple of years...How about the Patriots a few years back...Or maybe Alcoa? A lot of people saw these teams as cocky and overconfident (esp. USC)..All the teams mentioned above went into games KNOWING they were going to win...I see no problem with this as long as, when they do lose, they lose with class...I believe Milan has done so in the past, and will do so again this year if they lose...I think the Milan posters have gave Humboldt more than enough credit...They know Humboldt beat them up and down the field and that Humboldt had several chances to win that game...But they also know that if not for the improbable fumble on the 1 yard line, as people in the stands had already left for their cars, this game would've more than likely been 14-0 and not near as big of a deal...Humboldt played well, well enough to win...They just didn't take advantage...In my opinion, it should've been 14-7 Milan at halftime (Wardlow's dropped pass and the receiver from Milan's dropped pass behind the Humboldt coverage)...Humboldt should've scored atleast twice more in the second half and should've won the game but was unable to get it done when they needed to...So, just accept that we weren't able to get it done when we had to go for MIlan because I do honestly believe they'd be here for us next week if things would've went differently last night

I personally don't believe in luck either. Stating that, Milan will loose next week proving that they have gotten weaker each week of the playoffs. "Regions Champs?" Please. Cheaters aren't champions. Although Milian has a good team their weakness at there linebacker and cornerback positions will catch up with them.

Losing to Goodpasture next week would not prove Milan is getting weaker in the playoffs...Goodpasture is probably the best team left in 1A-2A @ 3A... :thumb: And Milan is the only team left on this side of the state with even the slightest chance to beat Goodpasture...

First of all hornedhelmet, I would just like to say that you are impossible to please. All I heard out of you is "your season will end Friday" and "Adios Friday Puppies." but when we win what do you do? Shoot off your mouth. I will give you one thing...Humbodt had much better ATHLETES that Milan did last night. BUT, Milan had the better team. If you honestly think that humboldt is the only reason that humboldt lost you might want to think about this...Adrian Donald was kept out of the end-zone in two games this year. Those were Milan week 6 and Milan in round 3. It stands to reason, when you have three phenomenal athletes in the backfield, you're probably going to have a lot of yards rushing. You are probably going to make a lot of first downs. But if those athletes are all you are relying on, when they face a better overall team, they will get stopped. Maybe not the first or second time, but they will get stopped. Don't believe me? watch the film. It was Milan that broke up most of the pass plays that humbodt attempted and it was Milan that hit Donald in the backfield on 3rd and short. Not just once either, as I remember, humbodt got rejected on several 3rd down conversions and I didn't see them take a knee, so I think it was Milan that stopped them. Yes humbodt did miss some opportunities to score, but guess what, so did milan. I'm pretty sure the foot shooting went both ways. Just think, if Kirby doesn't fumble on the 3 yard line with 2 minutes left in the game, Milan gives the ball to Alred on the next play and we win 14-0. No questions asked. and don't even say that you would have stopped him because you didn't all night long, even when the game depended on doing so. I have tried and tried to give credit to humbodt but you just make it impossible to be nice. Yes humbodt had more statistical yardage and first downs than Milan, but that goes back to my point of --Good team with great athletes Vs. Great team with good athletes--. THE BEST ATHLETES HAD THE MOST YARDS, AND THE BEST TEAM WON.

I would also like to ask you why you think all of the area teams hate Milan. I know you do and I don't really know what traumatic experience occurred during your youth that makes you so biased towards Milan, maybe they beat you when you played, I don't know, but you are in the minority. I saw Peabody's entire football team last night and the majority of them were sitting on the Milan side despite the fact that there was ten times more room on humbodts side. I saw people wearing Huntington mustang sweat shirts standing in Milan's spirit line when the players ran out, and I have never heard anyone, except you and USJ people, bad mouth Milan on here. So go ahead and sit with goodpasture next week nobody cares were you sit but I doubt they'll want you.

You have made a lot of allusions to the fact that Milan doesn't give credit to their opponents, even though I have always made it a point to give credit where credit is due. When Milan played Peabody, the first statement I made was that Peabody outplayed us the first half and that is why we looked so bad. When we played humbodt, the first comment I made was how talented humboldt's players were and how impressive it was that they never gave up and went down swinging. HOWEVER, Milan has beaten humbodt TWICE this season. The first game by the score of 36-9 and obviously last night by 1 point but at no point have I seen you give credit to Milan's defense for limiting Donald who is VERY talented as well as the rest of your backs. I haven't seen you give credit to Milan's offense for outscoring humboldt using an injured fullback and a tailback who is no better than average but plays like he's a D1 prospect and a very young line. And I haven't heard you give credit to Milan's coaches, who are the best in the area and are smart enough to throw in a halfback pass when nobody was expecting it. You called it desperate, it was 1st and 22 and we needed to burn the clock badly, so yeah I guess it was but it worked to perfection because it was executed perfectly.

I know that no matter how many points I make you will go on hating Milan for what ever reason and that's fine. If it makes you happy to bad mouth Milan then go ahead everyone has come to expect it from you now. But, if you want to have any credibility left at all, you might want to practice what you preach. By the way, i have always wondered.... how does crow taste?

Edited by BulldawgDynasty