Jo Byrns @ Mt.Pleasant

MPTigerT

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is a little bit ridiculous. if you said that mp has the best ATHLETE hands down i would agree with you. but to say that they have the most talented team is just stupid. all of their points come from marco. come on it is the marco dailey show down there in mount pleasant. if anything they are the least talented of the 4 but they do have the best player in all of class 1A football and that is the reason that they have made it as far as they have. i will go out on a limb and say that if they didn't have marco they wouldn't have even made it to the playoffs. marco wins their games and he can beat anyone. mount pleasant doesn't beat anybody, marco does.

Athletic ability and talent may not be exactly the same thing, but it is pretty darn close. MP does have the most athletic ability of the remaining teams in 1A. They had much better athletes than JB last year when they lost by 1 as well. So much so if you combined MP and JB last year, the only JB player who would start would have been the JB qb Clay Head. JB makes up for lack of athletes with great coaching and great kids who really get after it. I do believe that JB is more athletic this year then they were last year though. I will be pulling for JB from Springfield but I just dont know if they will be able to contend with the speed that MP has. One more thing JB has 4 shutouts and have held their opponents to less than a TD scoring average per game so whoever said they had no defense, you are wrong. Good luck JB, the Yellow Jackets are pullin for you.